When your GDB post gets deleted do they tell you that it was deleted?

Started by Lotion, April 02, 2021, 11:52:25 PM

A few times I swear I remember posting in certain threads but also maybe deciding not to make the post and then I later go back and SWEAR that I did make post but don't see it. Is it possible a moderator has deleted my post without telling me?

It depends on the moderator, as there is no system enforcement to tell people if it was deleted / moved.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on April 03, 2021, 01:05:00 AM
It depends on the moderator, as there is no system enforcement to tell people if it was deleted / moved.

I feel like it's unlikely that any of the mods would do this though?  ???
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I just don't want to make a post that was already deleted and then have it deleted again and get in trouble because I should have known better n.n

Back when I was a player post moderator, the rule was that you had to indicate that you deleted, moved, or edited a post.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: Maso on April 03, 2021, 04:07:03 AM
Quote from: mansa on April 03, 2021, 01:05:00 AM

I feel like it's unlikely that any of the mods would do this though?  ???
You're definitely incorrect here.

I've had this happen to me within the last 12 months or so, a couple of times.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.