Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game

Started by nessalin, January 19, 2021, 01:34:05 PM

When you log out with a mount hitched, please make the mount still hitched when you log back in. :)
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Add pre-approvals for 1-2 apps.

You can submit the app for a future character and it can pre-approved.
When your current character dies you can instantly use that older approved concept (if you wish) and don't need to wait for another approval process.

If something is "empty" it should go down the keyword hierarchy.

So for e.g. if you have two waterskins in your inv and one becomes empty, it should automatically be a deprioritised keyword. When you next do "drink waterskin" you will then drink from the full waterskin instwead.

August 06, 2021, 08:06:56 AM #353 Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 10:54:59 AM by AllanakiLackey
Have "look <item> table" return a line break between the msdesc of the different items.

Have "look <item> table" default to looking at the item(s) on the table, instead of looking at the item in your inventory if you're wearing an item with that keyword.

Make where the shopkeeper keyword falls between "list <shopkeeper> <item>" and "buy <item> <shopkeeper>" consistent.
Former player 2/27/23, sending love

I can think of many emotional emotes that are not a think or feel, for e.g. "you look forward to" "you're excited about" "you're concerned regarding" "you're anticipating" - many of these can be "recast" as thinks or feels but it's just so much easier to maybe have an emote that goes "mebe look forward to" "meis excited about" "meis concerned regarding" etc

I love the think, feel, and remember commands. Love them.

Can I be greedy and suggest an imagine command, as well?

>imagine (anticipation) an imagine command!

>remember when you couldn't remember.

August 07, 2021, 01:12:31 AM #356 Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 01:15:02 AM by Bushranger
Quote from: Delirium on August 07, 2021, 12:44:45 AM
I love the think, feel, and remember commands. Love them.

Can I be greedy and suggest an imagine command, as well?

>imagine (anticipation) an imagine command!

>remember when you couldn't remember.

I think Remember would be interesting to have a semi-permanence. Similar to how Mood works some things will reset it like being reeled in combat or passing out drunk or logging out and you will have to reset it. I think it would be especially good for Half Giants but also for others.

> Change Memory to Tell Lord Oash that Lord Templar Borsail says 'Yes'
> Remember
  You remember Tell Lord Oash that Lord Templar Borsail says 'Yes'
(Some time later after drinking in the Gaj that led to a drunken brawl)
Lord Oash is here.
>Remember
  You remember nothing.
> Say (after bowing) His Shadow Lord Oash.

:D
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

This was brought up by oggotale in another thread, I think by accident:

It's very annoying that the mount name comes first when you're on a mount in a room.

Much easier to identify people if the figure came first, then the mount.

The notion that instead this:
An inix is here, being ridden by the tall muscular man.

We have something like this:
The tall muscular man is here, riding an inix.

Change this game echo for a 'pick' error:

Do you plan to pick it with your fingers?  You'll need some lock picks.

to

"You cannot find <input from player> to pick.  See 'Pick' or 'Break' helpfiles for more details."
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Fernandezj on August 07, 2021, 02:50:31 PM
This was brought up by oggotale in another thread, I think by accident:

It's very annoying that the mount name comes first when you're on a mount in a room.

Much easier to identify people if the figure came first, then the mount.

The notion that instead this:
An inix is here, being ridden by the tall muscular man.

We have something like this:
The tall muscular man is here, riding an inix.

Thank you, yes that's it.

We should be able to include the weather info in our prompt (or atleast some part of it)

Seems intuitive since our character would "immediately" feel the changes in the weather, as opposed to having to check for it.

Quote from: oggotale on August 09, 2021, 10:05:28 PM
We should be able to include the weather info in our prompt (or atleast some part of it)

Seems intuitive since our character would "immediately" feel the changes in the weather, as opposed to having to check for it.

Would be cool if it worked like:

100hp / 120 mv / 200 mana / Clear-Storm-Windy>

"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Weather info in prompt? Reminds me of that mean girls character who can tell when it is currently raining. Weather (direction) is the more useful tool already in game imo.

I'm fine with more prompt options of course.

I have a request I have wanted a long time, an ldesc clearing option which will restore ldesc to default ldesc for whatever you are currently doing.

August 10, 2021, 09:28:01 PM #363 Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 09:29:33 PM by strangerdanger
Quote from: Inks on August 10, 2021, 08:29:18 PM
Weather info in prompt? Reminds me of that mean girls character who can tell when it is currently raining. Weather (direction) is the more useful tool already in game imo.

I have a request I have wanted a long time, an ldesc clearing option which will restore ldesc to default ldesc for whatever you are currently doing.

Isn't this what "change ldesc none" does? I've always used it that way, and the helpfile suggests it works that way.

Example(s):
> change ldesc is here, playing the flute.

> change ldesc none
Reverting to code-generated ldesc.
My god-father, Bob Wall, was in a couple of Bruce Lee movies, and he trained Bruce Lee when he came to America.

Quote from: Inks on August 10, 2021, 08:29:18 PM

If you're indoors the weather prompt would give you the default output as "you can't feel the weather from in here"

Pretty sure your char can immediately tell when it's raining outdoors when it's raining and they're outdoors haha.

I'd love for watch to actually be useful. Like if I'm watching a certain directly when moving. I'd like to see the look prompt of osmething is that direction.

watch south
e
Room Desc Stuff

Watching south you see
[Near]
Scary &**$&$^ Mek

21sters Unite!

Quote from: creeper386 on August 12, 2021, 04:40:39 PM
I'd love for watch to actually be useful. Like if I'm watching a certain directly when moving. I'd like to see the look prompt of osmething is that direction.

This would be a great QOL feature for everybody doing the typical Byn y'all-watch-directions routine.

> say (belching ferociously) Sarge, I got eyes south.
> watch south
You follow the war-torn, muscular man and ride east.
Moar Desert [NSEW]
It's sandy af guys.
Far to the south, you see: A barb-tailed spidermite bustles along here.

Now you can talk, emote, etc as you go rather than spamming "look south" on every move.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Make corpses lifted from the pile decay slightly slower, please. Enterprising people from a certain poor man's district might be able to make some cash then.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I would love to see more regional tamable animals in the game.

Something that looks like an oversight when kanks were removed, You used to be able to find kanks in the red desert, Sunbacks elsewhere in the south and erdlu (ridable ones) In a few other areas.

Now, there is like 1 inix in a certain area then pretty much every other tamable inix and one other animal are all in another area.

I was just looking at class help files and there are several that say "May eventually tame mounts" Hey thats great, oh wait, pretty much are no mounts to tame.

Oh, and a few ox, but they do not count, ox are horrible.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on August 13, 2021, 06:50:17 PM
I would love to see more regional tamable animals in the game.

Something that looks like an oversight when kanks were removed, You used to be able to find kanks in the red desert, Sunbacks elsewhere in the south and erdlu (ridable ones) In a few other areas.

Now, there is like 1 inix in a certain area then pretty much every other tamable inix and one other animal are all in another area.

I was just looking at class help files and there are several that say "May eventually tame mounts" Hey thats great, oh wait, pretty much are no mounts to tame.

Oh, and a few ox, but they do not count, ox are horrible.
I agree with this 100 percent. Well, there's Aurochs too, but they are ... uhm ... not something you commonly wander across. But yeah, more tamable beasts. And versions of those, too. Rather than just the inix, the black inix and the grey inix and the pale inix and ... actually, there's a beast thematically perfect for the south.

Turn the drov beetle tamable.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Patuk on August 12, 2021, 05:40:00 PM
Make corpses lifted from the pile decay slightly slower, please. Enterprising people from a certain poor man's district might be able to make some cash then.

Make all PC corpses last a while longer. Stumbling across a corpse is always good for an RP hook. Besides, it's dry as hell, they're going to last a bit.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Analyze showing if an item is craftable and what skill even if you don't have that skill but no more information aside from that for those who lack the skill required to make the item would be nice

"remove all" for outfit changes..
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on August 19, 2021, 06:28:16 AM
"remove all" for outfit changes..

Funny way to say mudsex.  ;)

‐------

My idea: Much like location worn listing as recently implemented, allow list filtering in stores by weapon type (bludgeoning, slashing etc).

Example: List (merchant) slashing.