Started by nessalin, January 19, 2021, 01:34:05 PM

flee into <enterable>

flee into wagon
flee into tent

etc.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on March 22, 2021, 03:33:32 PM
Quote from: LindseyBalboa on March 22, 2021, 11:17:04 AM

Related QOL improvement:
What if you could move (without using flee) whenever your opponent is reeled? (i.e. as though you were no longer in combat.) Is that an unbalancing change?

Rationale: kagor #27 attacks me. I hit it. It reels from the blow. I don't care about finishing the fight/killing it, so I just move on.

That is actually possible already. If you reel someone, they're no longer in combat with you. Problem is you're in combat with them. So if you reel them and then disengage, you can move on. You can even time it to reel/disengage/backstab although that requires some seriously perfect timing.  Really helps with sparring newbies. You reel someone and disengage. The combat is over.

Refresh quit ooc if you walk through a room you are allowed to quit in

You hear a young woman's voice shout from the east in sirihish:
     "Hey - I've got the best steaks in the Commons for just a few sid!"

You hear a woman's voice shout from the east in sirihish:

You hear an older woman's voice shout from the east in sirihish:

You hear an ancient woman's voice shout from the east in sirihish:

Include the age descriptor shown in to shouts and listening from other rooms, just to add some approximation to who's speaking.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Reducing the movement penalty for walking in certain areas of the game.

Difficult: 8 Movement Points   (Silt Sea, Volcano)
Hard: 6 Movement Points   (Heavy Forest, Canyons, Sewers/Tunnels)
Medium: 4 Movement Points   (Grasslands, Less Forest/scrub, Salt Flats)
Easy: 2 Movement Points   (Outside-Roads)
No-Problem: 0 Movement Points   (Cities/Indoors)

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

A 'kudos' command that tags any character you can see for kudoing. This saves staff the step of looking up the player account for your request.

> kudo amos
They're not here.
> cast 'wek un teleport to amos'
Sure. Magick swirls about your face.
> kudos amos
To send kudos for 'the tall, muscular man', go to: http://armageddon.org/kudos/compose?hash=12342
> kudos figure
To send kudos for 'the figure in a dark hooded cloak', go to: http://armageddon.org/kudos/compose?hash=39528

Any number of ways this could work. One of the simplest is: generate URLs, as above, that start a kudos request with a token attached that uniquely identifies the targeted character. Doesn't need any added state on the server. Straightforward to make the tokens hard to exploit (for e.g. comparing character identity): make it a hash based on kudoer, kudoee, and salt=rand(0,20) - then given the kudoer just do exhaustive search of all possible characters and salt.

For those of us who log everything, easy to search for places you've tagged someone. For those who don't log...it would be nice to actually maintain a list of intended-but-not-sent kudos. But whatevs.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on April 03, 2021, 06:31:12 PM
A 'kudos' command that tags any character you can see for kudoing. This saves staff the step of looking up the player account for your request.

> kudo amos
They're not here.
> cast 'wek un teleport to amos'
Sure. Magick swirls about your face.
> kudos amos
To send kudos for 'the tall, muscular man', go to: http://armageddon.org/kudos/compose?hash=12342
> kudos figure
To send kudos for 'the figure in a dark hooded cloak', go to: http://armageddon.org/kudos/compose?hash=39528

Any number of ways this could work. One of the simplest is: generate URLs, as above, that start a kudos request with a token attached that uniquely identifies the targeted character. Doesn't need any added state on the server. Straightforward to make the tokens hard to exploit (for e.g. comparing character identity): make it a hash based on kudoer, kudoee, and salt=rand(0,20) - then given the kudoer just do exhaustive search of all possible characters and salt.

For those of us who log everything, easy to search for places you've tagged someone. For those who don't log...it would be nice to actually maintain a list of intended-but-not-sent kudos. But whatevs.

I like this a lot.... but also some way to flag a moment in the logs for staff if they do need to search would also be good. Not too long ago I wanted to send kudos to someone who I couldn't identify at all and I wouldn't have been able to tag them with "kudos x" either.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

When you contact while already contact/barrier'd it should not make you suffer ten stun points and merely just remind you that you are in contact with someone else/barrier'd.

When you try to psi while not in contact it does not cost stun.

Add an EXECUTE command that is only usable on beings that are stunned/incapacitated.

It doesn't need to do any extra damage, but Please Please PLEASE let it Not have the lag of the Kill command.

Current Scenario:  kill critter
round / round / round / round ...
critter gets incapacitated
fight stops even though mercy is off
player has to type kill critter AGAIN in order to actually KILL THE CRITTER!!
Lag ensues for no real reason
player waits .....
FINALLY, player gets to dismount, skin, blah blah blah

Ideal Scenario:  eliminate the KILL lag when a creature is incapacitated!!

::) :o ;D
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote from: DesertT on April 10, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
Add an EXECUTE command that is only usable on beings that are stunned/incapacitated.

It doesn't need to do any extra damage, but Please Please PLEASE let it Not have the lag of the Kill command.

Current Scenario:  kill critter
round / round / round / round ...
critter gets incapacitated
fight stops even though mercy is off
player has to type kill critter AGAIN in order to actually KILL THE CRITTER!!
Lag ensues for no real reason
player waits .....
FINALLY, player gets to dismount, skin, blah blah blah

Ideal Scenario:  eliminate the KILL lag when a creature is incapacitated!!

::) :o ;D

This please. 

Remove the canned emote 'thank' or otherwise change things so 'th Does anyone use thank?' will work for 'think ....'

Quote from: SpyGuy on April 13, 2021, 10:09:06 PM
Remove the canned emote 'thank' or otherwise change things so 'th Does anyone use thank?' will work for 'think ....'

I think this is good.  I've never, ever used 'thank'. I never even knew it existed. While I don't think as much as I think I should, any attention to the command is good.
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

Maybe go ahead and remove all of the canned socials that get little to no use? Pretty sure 90% of my usage of any of them has been accidental.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on April 14, 2021, 02:11:46 AM
Maybe go ahead and remove all of the canned socials that get little to no use? Pretty sure 90% of my usage of any of them has been accidental.

Except nod. We need a three word command that indicates acquiescence to the words spoken.

(but remove the time delay)

Agreed about nod.

Also make shake, shake ^me head not shake something?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Yeah, agreed about shake. Heh.

We already have a reduced number of socials, however, and I wouldn't mind keeping them.

I never noticed a delay to them. If there really is one, though, yeah, kill that. All a social is, is a shortcut for an emote.

To add to the ideas herein, however:

Crawl

This method of movement allows you to move even if you are too drunk to
walk, or, at the cost of stun, too tired to walk, run, or sneak. It
requires you to be in the resting position, and is the slowest of all
the various methods of movement. While you are at this speed,
you do not recover health, stamina, or stun points.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on April 14, 2021, 07:32:11 AM
CRAWL

Yes!! Please!! I think I put this one a few pages back already. And sometimes I want to crawl...just because...my character is too lazy to actually get up. But also when drunk, definitely when drunk. Definitely when exhausted. Perhaps also when seriously injured.

Maybe crawl takes you into minus movements...and if you stop crawling you can recover up to 0 again?
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Oh ... damn. I didn't mean to steal, Maso. My bad.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on April 14, 2021, 07:32:11 AM

I never noticed a delay to them. If there really is one, though, yeah, kill that. All a social is, is a shortcut for an emote.

If you've ever tried to nod at someone while riding or, really, doing anything at all besides standing or sitting around doing nothing or crafting, you will notice the delay. It's on the same command queue system most things are. I know you cannot use socials while you have movement queued up. It's really annoying.

I think the concern here isn't that nod has a pre or post-delay to the command, but its part of the queued action system. Whereas emotes can be done at any time, nod requires you to 'have an action', in DnD terms.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I did not know that. Huh.

A canned 'nod' is useful as an indicator that your command delays have worn off and you're good to keep going.

It's a little meta, but it's something I've seen used to good effect a lot in bigger groups.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but...

If there are 5 bags in a room and I type 'k feather all' I'd like it to return which bag the feathers are in.  Currently it will just give you the containers sdesc so if all bags/weapon racks/whatever are identical you then need to try 'get feather bag' 'get feather 2.bag' etc. to find which bag it's actually in.

Request: an outfit code. This solves a real problem, by making it easier for people to codely reflect their state of dress, making them more or less vulnerable. It also makes it easier to change clothes and wear different outfits, meaning people can spend more money on clothes and use those items more easily.

"Undress (armor / clothing / all)"

Removes all your armor, or clothing, or everything, all at once.

"Dress (outfit name) (here / container)"

Wears the items in a created outfit list. Without an argument pulls from inventory.

Then some simple outfit creation system. Something as simple as:
Outfit Add (Item) - adds an items to an outfit list
Outfit Remove (item) - removes an item from an outfit list
Outfit View (outfit) - shows items in an outfit list
Outfits - lists outfits

Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts