Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game

Started by nessalin, January 19, 2021, 01:34:05 PM

craft meat into steak
You begin crafting a chalton steak from a flank of chalton meat you are
carrying. 
You start preparing some food.

count coins pack
Your concentration falters...
There are 273 coins in a bone-studded backpack.

I don't think the count command should put the kibosh on crafting, since it can make checking containers for more stuff a right pain.

You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Give an additional perk to city elves

Let them start with Sleight of Hand - cap at advanced.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Ability to cancel and flush an applied for Character.

I recently misread a class/subclass and literally did a class and subclass that had the exact same skills, tossed in a request but it was approved before anyone ever saw it.

So Kudos as hell for getting to the application so fast, but would be nice to be able to flush our own pending characters without making staff deny them or later storing them, what I'm waiting for right now.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

A way to look at list items by price or maybe only show a range of prices?
21sters Unite!

Currently, there are situations which tell you the sex of the speaker, such as dark nights and so on. Then there are other situations where that doesn't happen.

In any situation where the sdesc is obscured or when the sex isn't revealed due to garbing, you should get an indicator of the voice speaking to you.

Rather than a "faint shape says, in sirihish", it should be "a faint shape says, in masculine/feminine/androgynous sirhish".

When you can see the sdesc of the speaker, or, when they are, for instance, "a male in a mask", this wouldn't be nessessary.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on July 24, 2021, 11:05:44 AM
Currently, there are situations which tell you the sex of the speaker, such as dark nights and so on. Then there are other situations where that doesn't happen.

In any situation where the sdesc is obscured or when the sex isn't revealed due to garbing, you should get an indicator of the voice speaking to you.

Rather than a "faint shape says, in sirihish", it should be "a faint shape says, in masculine/feminine/androgynous sirhish".

When you can see the sdesc of the speaker, or, when they are, for instance, "a male in a mask", this wouldn't be nessessary.

Along this same vein of darkness and the hindrances of it...

Say you're going east to "go cave" for the night.  If you're in darkness you can't see the cave to enter it.  However if you're in a sandstorm you can't see in, both vision restricted, you can.

Also it's unrealistic, my buddy is blind, had a car accident and severed his optic nerve in one eye and lost physically the one.  So needless to say he can't see shit.

However he maneuvers around by sound and touch with near Daredevil precision.  If I know there is a cave, I feel that I should be able to still navigate in the darkness into it by feel, or at least give me the same chance as typing east gives to potentially stumble around.

As it is now you lose all senses in darkness beside hearing for some reason, causing me to pull a torch to enter the cave to just put it away a second later.  So I feel it's unrealistic and annoying all bundled into one.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

A command to check what is foragable in a room. Like:
Forage check
You spend some time checking the area and discover hints of:
Rocks
Food
Branches
Artifacts

It'd be nice if the "look tables" code gave some better idea of what tables are what. Right now when you look tables, you can't sit 4.table because maybe it's really the second table just fourth on the list of tables. Or maybe an option to sit 4.tables and it'd sit you at the fourth "table" in the look tables list.

l tables

At 1) a stone table
     a couple of empty seats
At 2) a stone table
     a couple of empty seats
At 3) a stone table
     a couple of empty seats
At 1) a stone bench
     a couple of empty seats
At 2) a stone bench
     a couple of empty seats
21sters Unite!

Add the "bullet" keyword to every object that can be used as a sling bullet.

When you're not a crafter and you just want some doggone chuckin' rocks...
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Someone probably posted this in the thread before but it got mentioned on discord and I need this:

An OR command for forage.  So you can 'forage for diamond or emerald' and auto junk all trash stones

Make sweeping a room get rid of ALL the sawdust instead of someone having to spam 50 piles swept up to clear it.

Quote from: Pariah on July 28, 2021, 12:44:42 AM
Make sweeping a room get rid of ALL the sawdust instead of someone having to spam 50 piles swept up to clear it.

Easiest is to sweep more often. Leave a room to dirty will be harder to clean than one maintained.
But sure, a 'sweep room all' would eliminate some spam.
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

Filling worn liquid containers would be so wonderful. Countless times on tribal characters that wore the carru waterskin on their neck/throat so that it was always accessible I had to remove it after killing a shik and then wear it again which felt very annoying.

Currently "craft XX" shows you what you can craft. IE:

"You could make...
=========================DIFFFICULTY======TOOL=====
1) a few whatever                              very easy | none"

Very simple change, pleased add the item you are attempting to craft to the 'you could make.' IE:

"From XXX, you could make....
=========================DIFFFICULTY======TOOL=====
1) a few whatever                              very easy | none"

That's it. Thanks!
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

"Commandeer" command to allow someone to take over steering of a skimmer without whatever position you embarked on determining the order of captains the whole way through. Also the way standing to swap positions is stated on the helpfile didn't work last time I tested it but a "commandeer" command would be great.

Quote from: Inks on July 30, 2021, 01:37:33 PM
"Commandeer" command to allow someone to take over steering of a skimmer without whatever position you embarked on determining the order of captains the whole way through. Also the way standing to swap positions is stated on the helpfile didn't work last time I tested it but a "commandeer" command would be great.

commandeer -- a command that uses the pilot skill to contest control of a vessel. If the pilot of the vessel is incapacitated, the command automatically succeeds. If the pilot is not incapacitated, the takeover has a chance to succeed based on the two characters' pilot skills. On critical success or failure, one person may be knocked off the vessel. If the takeover is not contested because the pilot is incapacitated or has toggled nosave commandeer, there is no chance of anyone being knocked off.

nosave commandeer -- automatically permit anyone who uses the commandeer command to take control of a vessel you are currently piloting.

July 30, 2021, 04:17:52 PM #342 Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 04:19:53 PM by The7DeadlyVenomz
Really, we could stand to redo wagon and skimmers completely. Make sure the hitching code is popping and that all wagons use it, making sure skimming makes sense.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Stop typing REST while on a mount from stopping you WATCHING a direction.

I can understand if you type it while standing and change positions yourself from standing to rest, or sitting to rest.  But to have it turn off what while sliding off your mounts back is sorta annoying.

I have a feeling it's simply tied to the rest verb and that's why it functions how it functions, maybe have a different command to make your mount rest to avoid that?  I dunno.

Totally a really low thing, but I'd love more options for various clothing items to reveal clothes/tattoos that would be covered by them.

Like being able to roll up sleeves to show arm tattoos. Probably not relevant for armor. Maybe make it so it cuts off any benefits of the clothing.
21sters Unite!

Quote from: creeper386 on August 01, 2021, 08:35:10 PM
Totally a really low thing, but I'd love more options for various clothing items to reveal clothes/tattoos that would be covered by them.

Like being able to roll up sleeves to show arm tattoos. Probably not relevant for armor. Maybe make it so it cuts off any benefits of the clothing.
Yes, and to reiterate, on face/over face!
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

Can the allanaki gem be worn in a special slot (dangling from throat for example), so that gemmers don't lose a wear-slot.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Quote from: Incognito on August 02, 2021, 02:14:13 PM
Can the allanaki gem be worn in a special slot (dangling from throat for example), so that gemmers don't lose a wear-slot.

I think I recall myself on my old account asking this, and what it came down to is it's in that slot because NOTHING covers it up.  They don't want a gemmed to be able to run around with a scarf on all the time to cover the fact they are a baby eating witch.

I sorta wish there was a way to cover it temporarily but that is call for the design folks and how they want gems to work.

I'd enjoy being able to see my stats before I make a full physical description, even if I have to have a 'work in progress' description till I'm in game, so I don't make scrawny AI strength teens or 'about to die of the plague' AI endurance ones.

I wish there was a way you could trade your reroll potential for a +1 or +2 to a stat. Sucks when all of your stats are great except one being 'meh' and you either reroll and lose your decent HP or suck it up and hopefully  keep 2-3 hp

Could we make brewing herbs have one common keyword, like HERB or something so we could do:

Get all.herb thing
Put all.herb thing

It's so annoying because there might be four blossoms, but then three blossom (non-plural) same with leaves and leaf etc etc.

Maybe some random word that doesn't really exist in items yet, like Medicine or flora or something.