Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game

Started by nessalin, January 19, 2021, 01:34:05 PM

Let me poison things while sitting down. It makes no sense that my PC needs to be standing up to poison an arrow.

Make rats immune from justice, so that when one bites me the whole platoon of soldiers doesn't charge the rat, going "Away from Allanak Scum!" like someone just tried to murder a noble.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

From Discord:

There is supposedly a drawing bug, where if you don't "look" at your own drawing after creating it to set the skill level.
Whoever looks at the drawing first sets its skill level. It's weird, it's known, it's a feature

A proposed fix is a forced "look" at the end of the drawing sequence to have it apply to the correct owner.

Can we please be able to open/close containers while seated resting.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Quote from: Incognito on June 20, 2021, 08:34:31 AM
Can we please be able to open/close containers while seated.

I believe you can, just not while rested.  Resting is essentially laying on the ground sprawled out.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

I've noticed lots of guards/npc staff etc will sometimes wander away from their assigned areas.

Like the cook who ends up in the street.

The guard with a ldesc of surveying the rowdy bar but is in an alley.

A gate guard who came outside to kill a scrab and now lives outside the gate amassing corpses of violent wildlife...

I normally will wish and let staff know, and someone who has the juice comes along and eventually moves them back to where they belong, but it got me thinking.  What if NPCs were coded to where they should be, like a home room they are supposed to occupy.

Say the Gaj is room 1 and X guard is supposed to be there, but he chases a criminal out four rooms away and loses the criminal or kills him.  he's now sitting in the alley.

What there was a command that players could use, that's logged of course, to do like returnhome guard, which causes the guard to head back to their home room?

I have no idea how hard this would be, or if it could just be a generic message like the burly dwarven militia member returns back to where he came from and poofs back to home room.

But that way staff wouldn't need to be involved with every gate guard who gets lost or npc that wanders outta the area they are supposed to be in.

Syntax could be like quit ooc message:

returnhome guard He's the gaj guard, somehow ended up in an alley.

And of course if someone abuses it, punish and take away, rain hellfire all that.

But I think that would definitely be a good idea and easier way of players "cleaning up" the world of oddities like a cook standing in the street.

A nice thing to have would psionics not breaking crafting as well.

Quote from: Pariah on June 20, 2021, 10:03:28 PM
A nice thing to have would psionics not breaking crafting as well.
I'm really with this one.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

June 21, 2021, 11:45:15 AM #259 Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 11:48:24 AM by Fernandezj
It would be nice if there was an input/escape character to add new lines to the editor when pasting.

I.e:

(in editor)
"Blahalbhalblahblahl"\n
"Blaahalbhalahafa"\n

would input a line break between those two lines of text.

Or in keeping with the current spirit, if I pasted into the editor:
"Blahalbhalblahblahl"
.n
"Blaahalbhalahafa"
.n
Etecetecetc

Would come out:
"Blahalbhalblahblahl"

"Blaahalbhalahafa"

Etecetecetc

Is the issue that you can't add a newline just with enter? I think you can?

If it is about pasting multiple lines of text, as a general PSA you can already achieve this in most mud clients. Agreed it would be nice IG but there might be a constraint with the maximum input buffer size (AKA why emotes get truncated).

But quick heads up that you can do this is most major mud clients, Mudlet, TinTin, etc. It's invaluable so of your client doesn't support it you might want to shop around.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

I use Mudlet and pasting in:

Blockoftext.

Blockoftext.

Produces in the editor:
Blockoftext.
Blockoftext.

If there is some other setting, I don't know what it is.  :'(

The default separator in Mudlet is ; so I think you can do something like this with a BLANK SPACE after the sepator.
my humps; ;my humps my humps my humps

And get
my humps

my humps my humps my humps

I hate logging into Arma while I am at work but I just did to test this in Mudlet. You can also change the ; default to something else in settings/preferences.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

A command that shows what (if) you are ep, es, or etwoing, without having to check your entire eq list.

Quote from: Delirium on June 25, 2021, 12:11:36 PM
A command that shows what (if) you are ep, es, or etwoing, without having to check your entire eq list.
Maybe expand the "armed" prompt token for this feature?

Quote from: Alesan on June 25, 2021, 01:43:18 PM

Problem is you might be wielding two things. You might also be wielding things that aren't weapons.

I just wanna see what I'm holding so I can switch as need be without eq list spam.

Quote from: Delirium on June 25, 2021, 02:04:04 PM
Quote from: Alesan on June 25, 2021, 01:43:18 PM

Problem is you might be wielding two things. You might also be wielding things that aren't weapons.

I just wanna see what I'm holding so I can switch as need be without eq list spam.

To make this more broadly useful, you could create a command where you type in a location and it gives you whatever you're equipped with at that location. Have to have some special syntax for hands since you can wear and hold things with hands.

>hands
In your right hand is a gleaming obsidian mace.
In your left hand is a dragon-carved beetle-shell shield.

>ears
In your left ear is a bone stud.
In your right ear is a ivory earcuff.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on June 25, 2021, 03:17:00 PM
>hands

>ears

Y E S

Quote from: Delirium on June 25, 2021, 04:54:03 PM
>hands

>ears

Y E S
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on June 25, 2021, 05:22:16 PM
Quote from: Delirium on June 25, 2021, 04:54:03 PM
>hands

>ears

Y E S

an indication under maybe assess that will tell you if a weapon can be flipped and maybe to what damage type. please.

Quote from: Khorm on June 27, 2021, 12:28:37 PM
an indication under maybe assess that will tell you if a weapon can be flipped and maybe to what damage type. please.
Or even a line under the main description:

[Out-of-Character: This item can be flipped to change it's weapon type]
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Concerning consent - I would like to have a simple consent flag for myself I can set to ALL, so someone can just 'check consent' without asking and know that my PC is fine with anything you could possibly throw at them. I know it's been mentioned before, but I don't want it to be all cluttery with I consent to this and not that stuff. Just looking for those who want to consent to anything to have the option of not having to answer every time.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
― Michael Scott, The Warlock