Thinking about returning....

Started by Maso, January 14, 2021, 02:45:33 PM

How's it offpeak?

I miss you crazy guys. I miss this world! Honestly, I think about it all the time. But being back on the old GMT timezone has always been really underwhelming when I log in and see barely anyone. I think getting to be on peak with you guys for a few years really spoiled me! Can we do some kind of off-peak recruitment drive? We only gotta find like 50 super nerdy people!!

Also, what's up with all these new classes? Where's my psi at?!  ::)
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

There are offpeak times that get almost as many people as peak times, though it seems really random which days it happens. I've seen 30 on that were at least 4 hours before traditional peak times on several occasions, and a recent RPT gathered I think in the realm of 40.

It's unreliable though. Some days we hit that, some days it's more like 18. I will say early morning activity seems to have picked up a bit, but it's still not terribly impressive.

QuoteI will say early morning activity seems to have picked up a bit, but it's still not terribly impressive.

I'm old now....there will be no 3am's for me. Or even err..midnights.  ;D

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

The game typically seems to have 30-50 from 2pm Server through about 11pm Server. Thats my experience.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

WHAT?!

You get back in here. Great to see you considering coming back!

Thanks! If there's 30-50 people on a typical UK evening that would be awesome.

Quote from: Decameron on January 14, 2021, 03:17:04 PM
WHAT?!

You get back in here. Great to see you considering coming back!

Ahh I like a warm welcome.  :D :D :D

January 14, 2021, 03:39:13 PM #7 Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 03:42:56 PM by mansa
From what I've witnessed, peak time is usually 8 pm ~ 10 pm EST, and it starts to drop off after 10 pm EST.

Let's see if this works:
http://mudstats.com/ZedGraph/HourSpecificGraph/2836

or...

I assume this chart is in EST.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Graphs. Math. Pffft. Make a character and find out yourself! Welcome back!  :D

Welcome back!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

KANKS ARE EXTINCT?!

Quote from: Maso on January 14, 2021, 05:50:02 PM
KANKS ARE EXTINCT?!
Oh wow... you come as veteran as they are, don't you? :D
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I'm GMT...do we need to start a new GMH based upon the 'GMT Looking For Group' concept?

I see a fair amount of people, but it can get quiet, depends where you are in the world, and if I have any side-projects going on...the moment my character has a project they'd like to work on with some peace and quiet, suddenly everyone plays offpeak, it seems ::)
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

Quote from: Maso on January 14, 2021, 02:45:33 PM
How's it offpeak?

I miss you crazy guys. I miss this world! Honestly, I think about it all the time. But being back on the old GMT timezone has always been really underwhelming when I log in and see barely anyone. I think getting to be on peak with you guys for a few years really spoiled me! Can we do some kind of off-peak recruitment drive? We only gotta find like 50 super nerdy people!!

Also, what's up with all these new classes? Where's my psi at?!  ::)
Sweet jeezuz. Bring it on. Welcome back.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Wutup, Maso!

Get back in, homie!
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I'm trying!!

There's a really old character sitting there that has just been ageing quietly for the last few years that needs dealing with first.  ;D Also I have to remember how to emote....Hrm...

Kanks are not extinct...they just left...pretty sure I heard one say "So long and thanks for all the Ginka!"
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job