Longest played / legendary gickers

Started by Halcyon, December 18, 2020, 10:01:16 PM

I realized that almost all of the "legendary" names repeated in these forums are zero karma guilds or templars.   What notable gicker pcs would you celebrate?
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

Quote from: Halcyon on December 18, 2020, 10:01:16 PM
I realized that almost all of the "legendary" names repeated in these forums are zero karma guilds or templars.   What notable gicker pcs would you celebrate?
Xad the whiran. Not sure how much I can say but he was awesome.

I had a set of fun, complicated interactions on an old pc with Kick, the whiran with cloven hoof feet.

I think a lot of the more legendary magickers got involved in plots that are still secret info.  I'm betting the Conclave or other magicker groups did some wild stuff in their days.  But for obvious reasons they had less interaction with the general PC population. 

Quote from: Halcyon on December 18, 2020, 10:12:53 PM
I had a set of fun, complicated interactions on an old pc with Kick, the whiran with cloven hoof feet.

Me too ::)
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

Quick. I'm sorry, love'm, hate'm, but legendary for sure.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Has there ever been as legendary a magicker as Gerrol, I mean seriously that guy was stupendous.

I thought Sargax was pretty awesome.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: tarkas on December 19, 2020, 08:47:41 PM
Has there ever been as legendary a magicker as Gerrol, I mean seriously that guy was stupendous.

+1
"Let sleeping characters sleep naked." -Azroen

Has it been long enough that you can say why Gerrol was nifty?

Quote from: mansa on December 19, 2020, 08:49:12 PM
I thought Sargax was pretty awesome.
I played his mul towards the latter portion of his tenure.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I'm sure some of these interesting names have equally interesting stories.

Some of the ones I can think of, either by experience or reputation: 

Tar, who was in the Council of Allanaki Mages - a great PC and literally on the website - Whirans

Enri - a long lived dwarf Rukkian iirc.

Sky Alight - one of the Sun Runner Bahaks.

Marin - A void-caller, power player in the 'rinth in the time of Quick, Gin and Samos.

Bones (if I'm remembering the name right)- A really devastating d-elf Elkrosian and mercenary during the Copper War, sold his services to Eunoli of Tuluk and caused a lot of lightning-induced mayhem.

The Plainsman - One of the longest lived sorcerers.

I am forgetting his name, but K-something? - The very long lived halfling Vivaduan who opened the gate to Vivadu. He got caught on the unfortunate side of 3 half-giants, but almost annihilated all of them with a dagger.

Many Faces, of the Akei-ta Var.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on December 20, 2020, 11:30:08 AM

I am forgetting his name, but K-something? - The very long lived halfling Vivaduan who opened the gate to Vivadu. He got caught on the unfortunate side of 3 half-giants, but almost annihilated all of them with a dagger.

Blue eyed little Kust, I think.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Marin was a 'bender, not a Void Caller, but still, legendary.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Quote from: Halcyon on December 19, 2020, 10:39:11 PM
Has it been long enough that you can say why Gerrol was nifty?

My favorite cantrip of all times was from Gerrol.

His emotes and cantrips told a bit of a story I always thought, and he was just extremely good at getting things done.  Big game changing things done.

Hoss/Hassan. And his Cuddle Puddle.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness