Game Echoes and updates to help new players

Started by mansa, October 18, 2020, 07:51:59 PM

Hey,

I'd like to suggest some game echoes to change to give a bit more information to the players.  Primarily to give players that are new to MUDs in general more description as to what they should do.

Please feel free to add any suggestions.

Suggestion #1:  Change the quit message, "But you are too excited to leave just yet!"

Option:
Change it to -> "You can't leave so soon after you were recently in combat.  Please wait a couple minutes."
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I agree here for the combat quit message.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

October 18, 2020, 11:20:02 PM #2 Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 11:23:34 PM by slipshod
Suggestion #1, option b (to keep it IC-ish):
"You are too excited from your recent combat and need a couple minutes to settle down before you leave."

Suggestion #2:  Change "You're now wanted!"
option a:  Someone heard or saw that illegal thing you just did, and you're now WANTED by local authorities!

Edit to add:  I have hundreds of game messages set up with color-coded highlights in my client, the that was the only other one that half-jumped out at me.  The messages are pretty clear in this game methinks.

"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

Please change the frown echo.  Sometimes you want a quick canned social.   I don't even know if it echoes properly to the room because it's something like 'What's bothering you?'   That echo, that's what's bothering me.

Quote from: SpyGuy on October 19, 2020, 02:00:39 AM
Please change the frown echo.  Sometimes you want a quick canned social.   I don't even know if it echoes properly to the room because it's something like 'What's bothering you?'   That echo, that's what's bothering me.

It's funny because it's like Ginka's being a therapist.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

The echoes in the Allanaki Bazaar can be quite alarming at first, also.