Improvements for https://www.armageddon.org/bios/list.php

Started by nessalin, September 16, 2020, 02:23:51 PM

Actively soliciting suggestions for improving https://www.armageddon.org/bios/list.php.

More information?

• Age of character at creation?
  • Age of character at death?
  • Race, Class, Subclass?
  • Start location?
  • Hometown?
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Race, Class, Subclass - Yes!
Starting Age and Death Age - Yes!

Total Played Time?

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on September 16, 2020, 02:36:15 PM
Race, Class, Subclass - Yes!
Starting Age and Death Age - Yes!

Total Played Time?

All of this please. I would like to see attributes too. Basically everything in SCORE that isn't fleeting.

Yeah, show me the weakling I started as and the pleb I ended as. All details. I wanna see my gains.

I would like to see cause of death. Nice to have but optional since that information is available in account notes anyway.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

A drop-down menu of options would be great:

1: Name, Age at creation, age at death, hours played, class & subclass chosen, race, height, weight. Date of creation, date of death.
2. List of clans (if applicable) that the character was in, by date of coded recruitment, and the rank the character was in at the time of death. If they were no longer in that clan at the time of their death, then the date that they ceased to be in that clan. Example:
QuoteKurac recruit 12/10/2019, 4/02/2020.
House Tenneshi aide 12/25/2019, Senior Aide
The Guild recruit 1/07/2020, [secret big boss rank] 6/19/2020.
Means they joined Kurac 12/10, and left it 4/2.
Joined Tenneshi as an aide 12/25 and got promoted to Senior Aide, and stayed Senior Aide until they died.
Joined the Guild as a recruit in January, and at the time they stopped being in the Guild in June, they had been promoted to a secret big-boss rank.
3. All bios of the character, sortable by oldest>newest or newest>oldest.
4. Skills list from the second you leave the hall of kings into the live game, plus the skills list at the moment of your character's death.
5. Stat and score list from 2 hours 2 minutes after you leave the hall of kings (which is when you can no longer reroll), and again at the moment of your character's death.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Please for everything stated!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Added keywords for those of us who like to use a bunch of aliases.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

For #4 and #5 of my "list of wished-for bio stuff" - if the scripts aren't able to capture moment of death data..then have each pfile autosave every 5 hours of time logged in. That way the final entry will be some time within the last 5 hours before your character was killed. Accurate enough I think!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: triste on September 16, 2020, 03:51:17 PM
I would like to see cause of death. Nice to have but optional since that information is available in account notes anyway.

I think I use my bios differently from everyone else, and I haven't looked back on any old characters (I keep my own notes!).  But the thing I tend to forget most about old characters is when, and how 'exactly' they died.  So having the ability to look up that it was the 6th of June 2008 to 'an upset mekillot', or 'a red-cloaked man', might jog a memory loose.
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

Position of the moons at creation time could be fun.  Maybe citizenship or where your pointed to in the Hall of Kings.  Does tattoo and scar information persist?  A list of the poisons or curses your character had been exposed to, if those things left a mark.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

I like all these ideas.

Final Death: If killed by a player, maybe just 'Killed by <sdesc>'. Would be cool if it listed how, 'with a dagger', 'by magic'.

Days played on the PC, check, and how much they aged IG.

People they killed?

It'd be funny to put 'X amount of Gith killed over their lifetime' and a few other notable NPCs...Carru. Gith. Tregil, heh.

Honestly, Nessalin's first list would make me happy enough.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Very cool update!

Having the 'Last Say/Tell/Psi' of the PC might be fun too.

Active PCs have their heights and weights in the past tense.
e.g.
Stood x cords, y inches tall. Weighed z ten-stone.