Character applications

Started by Doublepalli, July 05, 2020, 10:28:20 PM

July 05, 2020, 10:28:20 PM Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 11:44:30 PM by Doublepalli
What's the average time it takes for a normal character application to be approved? It's been over 48 hours and just trying to figure out if this is normal...

It has been the 4th of July, so I think some of the american immortal staff have been offline and doing BBQs and real life stuff.

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

4 had enough time to linger on the GDB in the past 48 hours...

Maybe they are just taking extra care with your application and allowing as many different representative groups to review it as possible, in order to ensure that your application is fairly processed and does not inadvertently offend someone, or perhaps, if rejected, that any potential sensitivities you may have are not agitated.

8)

I imagine browsing the forums during a lull in the festivities can be done on the phone, even when you're not home, and takes about five minutes.  Approving likely requires more time investment?

Weekends always seem to be quieter/slower though.  People have real lives and real families, and more stuff happening then...which is allowed!
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

Quote from: NinjaFruitSalad on July 06, 2020, 02:46:40 AM
Maybe they are just taking extra care with your application and allowing as many different representative groups to review it as possible, in order to ensure that your application is fairly processed and does not inadvertently offend someone, or perhaps, if rejected, that any potential sensitivities you may have are not agitated.

8)

Yeah....regular character application...not sure what you're implying....thank you come again

If your application's been over 24 hours, you can always send in a request to ask about it.
I ruin immershunz.

You know how it is! When it's not on your mind, it will be accepted. As hard as that is to do!

I had a request fall through the cracks not too long ago, it happens they are only human  :)

I just sent in a question request asking if it fell through the cracks and they took care of it right away! I think I went like three or four days though because I didn't want to be a bother  ;D
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Interesting thing--- an account I made for a female member of my family who doesn't really know how to make her own account, and I made her character as well, and I have a distinctive writing style, her account's password has changed, much like how my own account was hacked twice in two days eight months ago.

Its too bad there are so many hackers out there trying to steal your credit card information, with little to no defense against hacking besides dropping the transaction. We live in an interesting time, because, honestly, I'm pretty proud of the account I made for my little sister, and I don't actually get cruel or mad without a

damn good reason
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Cind on July 13, 2020, 07:58:26 AM
Interesting thing--- an account I made for a female member of my family who doesn't really know how to make her own account, and I made her character as well, and I have a distinctive writing style, her account's password has changed, much like how my own account was hacked twice in two days eight months ago.

Its too bad there are so many hackers out there trying to steal your credit card information, with little to no defense against hacking besides dropping the transaction. We live in an interesting time, because, honestly, I'm pretty proud of the account I made for my little sister, and I don't actually get cruel or mad without a

damn good reason

But ask yourself, what does any normal hacker out there have to gain from messing with your sister's account?

From personal experience, probably 90% of "hacking" actually turn out to be friends, that you shared the wrong information with.  5% of the time it could be some kind of keylogger program that was downloaded, the other 5% from bad passwords or reusing the same passwords across different applications.

And then somewhere squeezed in there a 0.0001% of the time it's someone literally hacking, like in the movies, except not really because even then the movies are misinforming.

Yeah, I'm calm now. I'm a girl myself and very traditional and I can barely use the computer myself. Not that being a girl has anything to do with anything--- but, see, as long as I tell people I'm insane, and I am insane as a schizophrenic, then I can honestly get away with anything I say, and I don't tell lies because I don't know any goddamn better. Thanks!
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded