Assess -v weapon

Started by Morrolan, November 03, 2003, 02:05:53 PM

When I assess -v weapon, sometimes I get the response "can be hooked to a belt"

This does not seem to affect whether I can sheath it or not.

What does it affect?

Thanks,

Morrolan
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

it means you can wear it on a belt....in this location.
<hung from belt>

However, you have to have a suitable belt, wearing in this location.
<worn as belt>

What's a suitable belt?  Something that's thick and sturdy enough to handle the weight of whatever object you want to hook on your belt.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Assuming you have a belt worn on the <worn as belt> location (i.e. wear <belt's keyword> belt), weapons that are flagged as "can be hooked to a belt" can actually be placed onto your belt using the wear command.

In the case of weapons that can't be sheathed, you can still hang some of the weapons to your belt and then DRAW them as you would a weapon that was sheathed. The only problem, however, is that you can't re-sheathe the weapon using the sheathe command. You need to remove the weapon from your hands and then wear it again on your belt with the wear command. I imagine this feature is meant to add a little variety to weapon types, forcing the more clumsy weapons to get in your way during combat if you want to be rid of one to draw another weapon.

The best example of this is a cestus (armored or knuckle-reinforced glove-type weapon worn on the hand), where you can strap it to your belt, but once you get it on your hand, the process of actually taking it off requires you to drop it in mid-combat because its removal is not just a simple matter of sliding away a blade. Of course, someone can open up an entire thread based on glove-type weapons being more suitably placed as worn on your hands instead of wielded, but I'm just here to answer the initial question.