Skill bumps on subsequent characters for days played

Started by MeTekillot, March 18, 2019, 08:37:11 AM

What the title reads. Let people put more skill bumps (and possible bumps to off/def(lmao as if)) into a subsequent character if their previous character had a significant amount of playtime. Encourages people to be less risk-averse with their long-lived beefcake characters. You know what I mean.

The grind is real.

On one hand, I think Classes are very well suited right out of the gates to be more 'fuck shit up' than before. The newbie curve definitely has a higher minimum.

However, I was always a fan of karma = skill bumps, though the system has changed much and was really dependent on Staff at the time. I do believe Sponsored Roles are still given considerable skill love besides their starting skills, so a Byn Sergeant isn't going to be a scrub right out of the gates. The downside? You are a Byn Sergeant for life. So...If you want both independence for your PC and great skills, it takes time and patience.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Regardless as to my feelings on the matter, it's been made very clear by senior staff that the current school of thought is that overly skilled characters are a detriment to the game and should not be encouraged. As this suggested change would be anti-thetical to the stated desire of keeping player characters at a reduced level of aptitude, I anticipate this idea seeing precisely zero traction.