no
22 (62.9%)
only for main citys (allanak/north)
10 (28.6%)
only for minor cities (red storm ect)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: October 31, 2003, 10:40:27 PM

I dont know if this has been brought up but what if we had maps that could be bought,showing where the tavern in allanak or the north is and maby some weapon shops, and maby desert maps or something it might help a few people get used to a city and help newbies.
 have wandered the dunes for days to come here and now you tell me you dont have a steel katana?

Work with the imms on this, it is possible for your character to make maps.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

HELP MAP  <- Map of Allanak
HELP MAP_NORTHLANDS <- Map of Northlands
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "mansa"HELP MAP  <- Map of Allanak
HELP MAP_NORTHLANDS <- Map of Northlands
Those maps only give a clue about the city planning and I believe that this does not help to newbies.
Although the maps that already in the helpfiles are not usefull, I am against the idea of giving complete maps of the cities. People can do maps by using some kind of mapping programs. Doing such a thing is also exciting (that was very interesting for my character, walking among the streets and geting lost  :) ). By doing this kind of mapping you will be get familiar to your surrounding, so you will learn the city in a way that you never forget anymore.

Also learning the city part by part rather that having a map from the beginning makes you feel the city and the game.
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

I remember when I was a newb.  Help map was very useful.

I think any more detailed maps that weren't made by yourself... Well not only ruin alot of stuff in terms of accomplishing it yourself. But it'll lead to people paying ALOT less attention to their surroundings.

Especially when your new, need to pay attention to whats going on to learn. Something as simple as a map to where everything is at well IMO detract from that alot.

Creeper thinks some people might know what he's saying.
21sters Unite!

I catch you, creeper.  It all comes down to appreciation and enjoyment from learning something instead of having someone tell you all the answers, holding your hand through the entire game...play it your own damn self!  Figure it out on your own!  Play the game without training wheels.  Enjoy the game more because you are doing it.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I don't think it would be a terrible idea if someone with a little artistic talent made a map of Allanak.  Simply black the 'rinth out with a big skull and cross bones, and find a fancy way of blacking out the Templar and Noble quarters.  Then draw in the major roads, lable the bazaar, the major taverns, and the various quarters.  It doesn't have to be fancy, but something showing the general lay out and where the most important stuff is not a bad idea.  I would rather a newbie look at a nice artistic map to figure out where the Barrel or Gaj is in one glance then for them to wander around for hours, get bored, and leave.  You don't need to cover every back alleyway, but it wouldn't hurt to show the major roads.

that map fer 'Nak confused me to no limits... It looks like 'Nak is on a grid.. But it isn't... it give general directions...
But I made a partial map of 'Nak..
I started.. someun tol' me Help_map Then I was like this is coo I's just go a couplea click right after I leave tavern, then I's turn right an o south a couplea clicks.
Or something like that.. :)
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.