QUestion 'bout darts

Started by Knock, October 27, 2003, 03:01:32 PM

Dose throwing darts at a dart board make you better at using darts?

Think of it this way,

Does playing pool in real life make you better at playing pool?

The more you play mario brothers the further you can get, right?

If you ran everyday, you would be able to run a little further before you got tired.

Practice makes perfect.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Well, I don't know. Using common sense would tell you that it would.

I don't think the code takes this into account if that is what your asking.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: "Knock"How about this question... will throwing with my left hand make me better at throwing with my left hand, and will throwing with my right hand make me better at throwing with my right hand?

What the good thing about Armageddon is, it's up to the player to decide which hand is the 'holding' hand and which hand is the 'wielding hand'...

Other people don't know that your primary hand is your left or right.
Same with your secondary hand.

But, on the question.  No.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Your character is much more likely to impress the ladies with common sence, longevity, and a secure job.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Why wouldn't he or she? We know what we know about real life because we live in it. Your character would also know the same about the world he lives in.

That is why some questions are IC, and others are general knowledge. General knowledge questions are those which are common knowledge, and any person who had watched men getting at women long would realize that.

Now, if your character really does not know this, then fine, and it is good to see you make the distinction between yourself and your character. But any man interested in women is pretty much going to know that women on Zalanthias generally don't care what you look like, as much as they care about your stance in life, since that betters them.

Love is somewhat of a jaded concept in Armageddon, and while certianly not impossible, it is also common to see relationships between folks where the only thing they love is the other's connections or stance in life. Keep this in mind.

A person in Armageddon is generally trying to better himself, through whatever means is nessessary. The compassion that we often display in RL is going to be somewhat less avid in Armageddon.

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"Why wouldn't he or she? We know what we know about real life because we live in it. Your character would also know the same about the world he lives in.

That is why some questions are IC, and others are general knowledge. General knowledge questions are those which are common knowledge, and any person who had watched men getting at women long would realize that.

Now, if your character really does not know this, then fine, and it is good to see you make the distinction between yourself and your character. But any man interested in women is pretty much going to know that women on Zalanthias generally don't care what you look like, as much as they care about your stance in life, since that betters them.

Love is somewhat of a jaded concept in Armageddon, and while certianly not impossible, it is also common to see relationships between folks where the only thing they love is the other's connections or stance in life. Keep this in mind.

A person in Armageddon is generally trying to better himself, through whatever means is nessessary. The compassion that we often display in RL is going to be somewhat less avid in Armageddon.

Wowa.  Bad day at work?  There is nothing wrong with trying to impress the ladies with your mad dart abilities and it isn't like it is something that is terribly unrealistic.  Guys do stupid things all the time to impress ladies with greater or lesser degrees of failure.  There is no reason to think that even in the grittery world of Zalanthas a cocky dart player might show off by throwing darts behind his back or what not.  Probably won't win you a life long relationship, but hey, if she is drunk enough it might win a one night stand.

You are not wasting my time. Anyone will tell you that I post for absolutely no reason whatsoever, and that I tend to miss jokes a lot. It's all good. I love posting about mess like this. If it didn't help you, it'll help someone else.

Or not.

:roll:

Newblars!

Haha, I love that.
ife, like a dome of many-coloured glass,
Stains the white radiance of eternity.
 --Percy Bysshe Shelley