HRPT

Started by Marauder Moe, October 22, 2003, 12:25:24 AM

Damn, did you have to announce that HRPT so early?  Now I'm going to be wondering for the next week and a half whats going on.  :x

Seriously though, this will be my first 'global HRPT' ever and I'm very excited.  Good luck everyone!

Will the 'Wanted' code be affected/changed at all, -before- the event?

That's what killed most everybody, last HRPT
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Burn Tuluk!  Burn Tuluk!  Burn Tuluk!  Burn Tuluk!  Burn Tuluk!

For the record, I am going to cry like a little bitch if it ends up being the other way around.

Umf!

Oh, My Father. It's Thanksgiving in my neighborhood.
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

QuoteBurn Tuluk! Burn Tuluk! Burn Tuluk! Burn Tuluk! Burn Tuluk!

Runny shit does not burn

Gooooo TEK!
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Quote from: "Rindan"Burn Tuluk!  Burn Tuluk!  Burn Tuluk!  Burn Tuluk!  Burn Tuluk!

For the record, I am going to cry like a little bitch if it ends up being the other way around.

Well, if you look at the history page Allanak is the only city that hasn't been shattered and rebuilt recently.  Redstorm was swamped by a silt wave, then rebuilt to it's current coolness.  Luir's has had a lot of battles, it may not have been completely rebuilt but at the very least has had ongoing additions.  Tuluk was destroyed, then destroyed some more, then conqured, liberated and finally rebuilt.  You have to admit, it is Allanak's turn.  :twisted:

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Yeah. But there would be a reason why Allanak hasn't gone down yet... And that's probably because it has the power not only to hold it's own but go out and destroy others.

The only place most likely large enough to be a challenge would be Tuluk, and they probably won't be tracking down south any time soon barely recovering their own city. Everyone else is probably afraid to be swallowed like Steinal.

I don't know if I want to log in with Dyrinis planning on killing everyone. As I don't think the point of any RPT should be to make sure barely anyone makes it out alive.
21sters Unite!

Of course, I was entirely joking.

Dyrinis

Assuming no joking - Allanak is in dire need of nobles for Oash and Tor.

Quote from: "Anonymous"Assuming no joking - Allanak is in dire need of nobles for Tor.

Did someone say Oash?  I didn't think so.

Come play in Tor!

Quote from: "creeper386"...Tuluk...probably won't be tracking down south any time soon ...
Not to be too IC, but you have no idea whatsoever.

Tuluk could certianly be planning invasion.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Venomz! How could you say something like that? Tuluk? Never! We're fluffy, bunny-hugging, cuddly peace-loving people that wouldn't DREAM of wars or causing trouble of any sort! Gosh!  :shock:

Shhhhhh! We LIKE them to think we're weaklings!

My last HRPT was a disaster. I had a damned strong warrior with an agenda and something he wanted to get done. In real life it started to storm, and I didn't think much of it. About an hour before the action started I hear a crack of lightning and my computer flashes... I was froze in the game. I tried to start it back up but couldn't get a connection.

The lightning bolt had taken out my phone lines! I was linkdead right before a major battle. Luckily the game dropped and they had to close down the old GDB becuase so many people logged in. I was out of the game, so at least I lived, but damn... I wish I hadn't missed that HRPT.

Tough luck, eh? Or as they used to say... Deal.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Sunday!!!!!! ggggrrrrrrr  :evil:

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"Not to be too IC, but you have no idea whatsoever.
Tuluk could certianly be planning invasion.
Tuluk cannot invade 'Nak, it is beyond thier abilities.  8)
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

Quote from: "Koala"Tuluk cannot invade 'Nak, it is beyond thier abilities.  8)

:twisted:

I'll preface this by saying I have no clue what's happening...but Venomz, if you do, and have a really bad pokerface, please stop.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I agree with AC...'Nak is about due for an ass-whooping.  However, being a humble resident, I do NOT want this to happen...  I propose this:  A NAKI (not to be confused with nazi...) PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE ON TULUK!!  It will be glorious!!  Can you say Byn, Militia, Tor, and Wyverns mounted on huge ass silt horrors riding towards Tuluk?  I sure can ;)
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Allanak may be due for an ass-wallop, but face it.  Life has made the naki' far tougher bastages than those Tuluki poetry reading, lute playing fops!

What's likely happened is that Heavy D had to redesc the sands around Allanak to reflect the rotting Tuluki corpses.  :-)
 taste the sands.
I smell my death.
Is that the Mantis head?
Oh, fek!

Quote from: "flurry"I'll preface this by saying I have no clue what's happening...but Venomz, if you do, and have a really bad pokerface, please stop.

Duuuude, I'm just playing!

Gods!

Did someone say Kadius is going to take over Kurac?
Finally, I say!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Wait a minute...hold on y'all....we're all way off.  This isn't a battle at all.  You all paid attention to the boards right?  New King's age celebration?  The templars will be flying around on winged gwoshis throwing down gold coins and steel plates...and then clouds will move in and turn Allanak to mud.  And we'll all go swimming...weeeee!   :twisted:

I want a winged gwoshi!

Ugh! 2pm est? On Sunday?!  :x  That would be 11am for the west coasters. On Sunday!! I'm at church.

say (muttering bitterly) Bunch of heathens and their Satanic, pagan mud HRPTs...
emote bursts into tears, all the while turning green with envy.

:cry:
e're all dealt our lumps of coal
What you do with it can turn beautiful..

Quote from: "Beautiful Lump of Coal"Ugh! 2pm est? On Sunday?!  :x  That would be 11am for the west coasters. On Sunday!! I'm at church.

say (muttering bitterly) Bunch of heathens and their Satanic, pagan mud HRPTs...

I feel you, for real. Just hit Sunday School. That's what I am going to do.

What is this Sunday school business?  Do you mean Detal school?  I sure hope you're learning about Nessalin...not some some crazy deist christian being...

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"
Quote from: "flurry"I'll preface this by saying I have no clue what's happening...but Venomz, if you do, and have a really bad pokerface, please stop.

Duuuude, I'm just playing!

Gods!

Sorry  :oops:  I guess I'm being a little sensitive because I want to be surprised.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Quote from: "Beautiful Lump of Coal"Ugh! 2pm est? On Sunday?!  :x  That would be 11am for the west coasters. On Sunday!! I'm at church.

Considering how long these things have run in the past, I think that's just about right.

IIRC the Tuluk thing started at 4pm EST after an abbreviated immday and lasted well into the next morning.

At least that's what we Tuluki want you to think. 8)
Muahahaaahaaa! :twisted:
The ground trembling and shaking, most of Allanak returns to the sands, leaving only the part known as the 'rinth on top for all to see.

Quote from: "Beautiful Lump of Coal"emote bursts into tears, all the while turning green with envy.

There, there.  Just log in right when you get home and you'll still have a good six hours (at least) of HRPT excitement.

I am very excited about what might happen with this HRPT. Very excited.

Not in a sexual way.

I wish my Character wasn’t such a weakling.. I want burn and pillage Allanak too..

Which is of course what is going to happen..
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bagโ€“YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

I just hope some people randomly explode. That'd be so fun
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I nominate your character for first and only explosion.  The rest of us just go deaf and our clothing becomes uncleanable.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

With all this talk of invasions, I bet you're all wishing you'd paid more attention to my idea... *shameless self-promotion*

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5197

Anyways, if Allanak falls, I'd be heartbroken, and would henceforth make all my characters dwarves with the focus of murdering Muk Utep in the most painful way conceivable.

Of course, if Allanak were to fall, it would have some good along with it. Maybe those Northern barbarians would burn that damn evil defiler tree along with the city, and rid us off it's dark, soul-sucking presence.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Speaking as a player that had a character die in the last HRPT, all I can say is, holy fuck, I hope I can book that day off work.

I wonder if the staff bulks itself up for the day after application process, You know, like department stores the day after christmas?

Might be a good time to try and sneak in that Robot App I heard about once..
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bagโ€“YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Now Im no gambling man, but if i had to bet on what this event is going to be , id put my money on a army of steel-blade wieldling zombies rising from the ruins of Steinal and ravaging both Tuluk and Nak.
I cant wait to join the hordes
oh I'm on fire.

Is this topic screwing up for anyone else technically? The posts dont show up, but it shows new posts have been posted...

Whatever will happen, I doubt it will be an invasion from the north or from the south.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

It's an army of blowgun toting, tree-hugging halflings! No one's going to die..but from the knees down, we'll all be a bloody mess...unless you're a dwarf..then it's probably the waist down. Tuluk is going to get filthy rich selling crutches. Run for the hills...their stubby legs can't climb up them!

Alot of people have said its going to be an attack on the south from the north I just don't see that happening. I think Tek' is too powerful for Muk but I could see some other Magiker doing it? :wink:
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

I'm all for glorious conflict.. A strong Tuluk and a strong Allanak offers the world beautiful bookends of drama. So whatever happens, I hope it only serves to further the conflict.

Having said that... For the love of the GITH MESA please... please... PLEASE do something that shortens the roads in Tuluk. You want to express length and grandness? Fine, make people take a stamina loss while walking through THREE rooms.. Not make someone walk 10 rooms of absolutely identical description only to hit a bend that forces them another 10 rooms and then another.  

Seriously, Tuluk is cool... The tribal bazaar... Freil's.. The Sanct... All cool.. Even that little garden area north of Freil's.. and the bard area... but... I beg you... CONSOLIDATE.  

So, wherever Naephet's bomb is going to be dropped I beseech you to have some shrapnel hit the roads in Tuluk.

:shock:

I agree, some parts of tuluk are just so huge. The western part is okay but the eastern part is so  vast. the worst is when your  a thief or criminal and you get caught and arrested outside the sanct or the western scaien wall and the guard drags you to the prison that takes like 15 minutes to get to.

Also even though I realy want this event to be a massive war with hundreds of casulties, something deep inside me says it involves another arrival of The Dragon. Did this thought cross anyone elses mind?
oh I'm on fire.

I actually like the vast qualities of Tuluk, for it gives the city an entirely different atmosphere from any of the others.  Allanak has a lot of side streets and alleys, as well as plenty of crowded main roads, creating a sense of being penned in and repressed overtly.  Luir's Outpost is just very small, as it should be, giving it much the same feel only a little bit more mysterious.  Tuluk, on the other hand, has a very unique, roomy feel to it that I like.  The length and breadth of a lot of the roads leads one into a false sense of freedom of motion, before one realizes that there are plenty of high walls dividing different sections of the city, and the Scaien Wall subtly encloses everyone deep within the city.  So, I like it how it is.

As for the HRPT in about a week, the thought of another arrival of The Dragon had crossed my mind, but I think it's unlikely because every other hyped-up RPT I've been to had nothing to do with The Dragon.  Of course, I didn't go to the last HRPT (don't want to know what happened, either), so I don't know.  Dragon or no, though, I'm going to be doing exactly what I've been doing for the others, and that's defending.  Defending...the few feet of space beneath a table...shivering uncontrollably from the booze and spice in my character's system.  And by booze and spice, yes, I do mean fear and cowardice.

I'm gonna see how much armor I can steal off all your dead bodies.. and smuggle tons of 'Shiny sand' into storage into the city :) and then get killed leaving me stash to a lanky youngster and his gang.
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

Nakki citizens, be prepared...

Tuluk will hit from inside, they are already within the walls  8)

(what a conspiracy  :wink: )
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

In light of the huge nature of this RPT on Sunday, can I kindly request a command to quickly change allegiance?

A suggestion for 5DMW - bodies could serve as blocade material, and they very well may...   :shock:

Off-topic:  Did anyone catch the England vs Samoa Rugby game?  Absolutely brilliant Samoan effort, definitely worth staying up late for.

A newbie here - what's HRPT?
A private message would be helpful, in order not to spam the board.

I'll just be leaving for work when the HRPT is scheduled to start.  Starting work about the time it actually starts.  And by the time I get home and can log in, it will either be over, or I'll have no clue what's going on.
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

The attack of King Monkey is at hand - beware!
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Quote from: "RaynerApe"A newbie here - what's HRPT?
A private message would be helpful, in order not to spam the board.

Since there's bound to be other newbies with the same question, I'll spam anyway.

Highly Recommended Playing Time.

A world-changing event.  Huge.  Uber-huge.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

I saw the rugby game Gfair and it was excellent. I also saw the Argentina vs Romania game which was not worth watching. Since USA has no chance for the cup, Im rooting for my grandmothers homeland. Go ireland!

I think the hrpt has something to do with the dragon, though i would rather it didnt. I want a large battle that i can die in. But i'll be logging in an hour after it starts so i probaly wont being dieing in any battles on sunday,

Hrpt is seven days away!
oh I'm on fire.

Dirr wrote:
QuoteThe attack of King Monkey is at hand - beware!

Shhh! IC information! Somebody ban him before Dirr ruins the plot!

Geez, and after I spent so long writing that background and powergaming up my climb_building and swat_airplane skills... Sheesh!
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Judging on how close to Halloween the HRPT is, I think they're just going to let everyone dress up as something they'd like to be. So.. I call black robe templar.

I call f-me PC.
ife, like a dome of many-coloured glass,
Stains the white radiance of eternity.
 --Percy Bysshe Shelley

I call Tek!
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I call  Valasurus!  

I think you are right, it is a Halloween related event (delayed two days to allow people to recover from their Halloween hangover or sugar rush) but not a virtual "costume party."  It is something far more frightening.

The restless dead of Steinal will claw their way to the surface and take their revenge on the living!  Why now?  It took a long time to dig their way out, because zombies are notoriously slow workers.  Luckily the hot, dry sands dessicated and preserved their corpses, so they are hardly rotted at all, and avoid most of the "zombie stench" that afflicts the undead in damp climates.  Nice dry, leathery zombies.  Yum.  You didn't really believe a mountain of sand could stop a God-King, did you?  
Foolish mortals.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Hmmm, how do I kill lots of other PC's and stay in character?  I'm sure I'll have this one answered by Sunday...  :wink:

Funny thing... I logged in last Sunday thinking it was go time.  I typed in who and it showed about 35 people online.  I was thinking that was way too few people to be an HRPT.  Obviously it was.   :oops:
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?