Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

I remember your character! Did her PSPD force you to store?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

A good while back now, in 2014, there was a bit of a kerfuffle. During a festival hosted in Yaroch, my kadian huntress, Lis, got herself whipped while on the premises and damn near executed; only a good flee roll and an inix let me ride home back north.

Whatever happened to the rest of the people there? The other Kadians, having to make do? The templars, seething over the OUTRAGE? I don't actually know, and I'd like to hear.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on July 23, 2021, 10:02:36 PM
A good while back now, in 2014, there was a bit of a kerfuffle. During a festival hosted in Yaroch, my kadian huntress, Lis, got herself whipped while on the premises and damn near executed; only a good flee roll and an inix let me ride home back north.

Whatever happened to the rest of the people there? The other Kadians, having to make do? The templars, seething over the OUTRAGE? I don't actually know, and I'd like to hear.
The resident Overseer (he wasn't a blooded Kadian but worked himself up to that rank, can't remember his name), had to pull out bags of money and people huffed and puffed over that Northie savage.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Barsook on July 22, 2021, 10:11:05 AM
I remember your character! Did her PSPD force you to store?

It's really sweet that you remember her!  Yeah, her PTSD got the better of her, but I'm pretty sure that was just an excuse for me having RL stuff crop up.  I loved that staff would send her images of the people she killed.  The people she was sworn to protect.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: Iiyola on July 23, 2021, 11:13:47 PM

The resident Overseer (he wasn't a blooded Kadian but worked himself up to that rank, can't remember his name), had to pull out bags of money and people huffed and puffed over that Northie savage.

Maristen?
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on July 24, 2021, 08:47:15 AM
Quote from: Iiyola on July 23, 2021, 11:13:47 PM

Maristen?

Yeah, Maristen was overseer by this time.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

July 24, 2021, 09:05:51 PM #1281 Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 09:07:40 PM by Barsook
What happened to Nika Salarr? And Hanno Barbados Salarr.
Fredd-

You mean Nico Salarr?

If so, I also always wondered what happened to that inglorious bastard.

Not the guy who played Nico, but Nico got dead in an apartment murder. Alongside a Kuraci Dealer, I think it was.

Nika Salarr was like a few Merchants after Nico.

Also I know that the one Salarri Merchant that started with an "A' was also murdered/killed at the time of Hanno Salarr.
Fredd-

July 25, 2021, 01:43:17 PM #1285 Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 03:31:57 PM by Barsook
Whatever happened to the child of that Tuluki Templar? I don't recall hearing anything about them as it was a sponsored rolecall.

And also to Shonn?
Fredd-

If you mean Shonn the aide of Oash, he was murdered by a colleague, who later was executed by a certain Templar thanks to my character being aware of what that murderer did.

I think Tallis continued to aid the various nobility and templars of tuluk she helped and then was living in Luir's quietly after Tuluk's gates closed, but her fate beyond that I don't know. Remember Tallis in so many roles.

She was in salarr in the end me thinks
Fredd-

July 28, 2021, 10:49:39 PM #1288 Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 11:02:08 AM by Inks
Quote from: Hauwke on July 25, 2021, 12:01:09 AM
Not the guy who played Nico, but Nico got dead in an apartment murder. Alongside a Kuraci Dealer, I think it was.

Yep. Nico was a OHK backstab, then Suddenly told Vaela "Gonna Kurac your head open." Then she drew a warspear and injured Suddenly in the short fight before going down.

It was kind of poignant and fitting to die together I think, there was a long scene where Vaela and Nico were telling each other how much they love each other before Suddenly struck.

Vaela was the only actual target, and Timeotho Fale was the client, his very competant aide at the time was the middle man who arranged any dirty business so Timmy would have no connection to the actual assassin directly, therefore being beyond reproach. Timmy was a wily one.

Suddenly demanded and recieved a bonus for the extra work of a two for one.

On and off my PC spent probably 16 real life hours over three rl days in that apartment waiting, I had starved twice and had to leave to get food/water/entertainment before coming back...it takes a certain level of autism to play an assassin not going to lie.

I suspect this assassination was the origin of the pointy boi meme. And that is the greatest Arm meme ever created.

That's incredible. I knew good ol' Timmy was an absolute murderbeast over the years, but had no idea just how many movers and shakers he paid to get rid of.

Quote from: Barsook on July 25, 2021, 06:39:48 AM
Nika Salarr was like a few Merchants after Nico.

Also I know that the one Salarri Merchant that started with an "A' was also murdered/killed at the time of Hanno Salarr.

Nika stored.

August 01, 2021, 01:23:05 AM #1291 Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 03:21:29 PM by Aromit
Quote from: Fenneko on July 27, 2021, 09:17:20 AM
If you mean Shonn the aide of Oash, he was murdered by a colleague, who later was executed by a certain Templar thanks to my character being aware of what that murderer did.

I think Tallis continued to aid the various nobility and templars of tuluk she helped and then was living in Luir's quietly after Tuluk's gates closed, but her fate beyond that I don't know. Remember Tallis in so many roles.

Evian here. Evian killed Shonn because suddenly, Lady Oash preferred him over Evian. And he did not like that at all.

Editted: Let's try not to be shitty - Aromit
Quote from: nauta on February 23, 2015, 04:50:18 PM
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

August 01, 2021, 07:28:10 PM #1292 Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 07:37:01 PM by Barsook
Fredd-

Long long ago, a bunch of merry Red Fangs captured three people in the Tablelands, inked a slave tattoo across their skin and sold them off to House Tor.

Does anyone know what actually happened to these three people? Did they grow on to play interesting roles? Did they all die/store within a month? 

Quote from: Barsook on June 02, 2021, 07:10:37 PM
Whatever happened to Chosen Lord Tithian Kassigarh? I know they had to stored but still I want to know more about him.

Lord Chancellor Tithian, Usurer of Chosen House Kassigarh. Born to Finneal and Tithia Kassigarh, trained as an associate under his uncle Maurus to collect from delinquent debtors and keep the coin flowing. Maurus, who was Uaptal by birth, perished of "natural illness" during a period of strained relations between Kassigarh and the now-dead House Uaptal.

In the decade following the Battle of Tyn Dashra and years of societal upheaval in Tuluk, Tithian had worked his way into a position to negotiate public affairs for House Kassigarh. Tithian's parents represented opposing factions within the House and Shadow Artists had just wiped out the Uaptal.

Tithian was really disgustingly rich and had access to more money than most characters in the game ever do, even other nobles. He tried to run a loan service for other PCs in Tuluk and hired commoners to assist with this and also collect on those debts by any means necessary. He secured signed letters of marque from at least one-higher ranked templar granting his agents authority to recover Kassigarh property from debtors by force if necessary but it turned out most of his agents never lasted very long.

Tithian pivoted to the brewing war rumblings between Allanak and Tuluk and thought to ingratiate himself with the Templars and the Legion with his wealth. Originally he wanted to buy a commission within the Sun Legion, granting him a technically official if somewhat insubstantial military rank and position, because it seemed fun and in-character for him to barge into a military camp like a jumped-up tourist who can't even grasp the concept of being told no, in his priceless and one-of-a-kind golden armor that would never see a single round of real combat.

He didn't get clanned Legion but he was awarded the honorary rank of Chancellor after a considerable donation to the Sun Legion and this set off a trend as both PC and NPC nobles scrambled to purchase "commissions" to show their support for the war effort.

If I recall, part of the reason I stored Tithian was because when Raleris died, everyone playing in Tuluk got it into their heads that Tithian had had him assassinated.  It got really hard to play the character the way I was hoping at that point, because nobody was willing to associate with Tithian very much and any PCs he hired usually ended up dead within days because everyone loved Raleris.

It was a bummer at the time but in retrospect it's exceptionally funny because the only malicious action Tithian ever really perpetrated in-game was a really horrific loan deal he foisted on House Dasari to rebuild their cotton fields. It was worded in a way such that additional fees and fines were levied against Dasari in almost every possible scenario, including sizable fees to be levied in the event that Dasari presents the full value of the debt at once in an attempt to buy out.

I think I stored not too long after this - I was getting increasingly frustrated as a player with the fact that other PCs were so determined that Tithian was carrying out malicious and elaborate schemes against them that it became impossible to actually carry out my (still a little malicious) elaborate schemes. He remains one of my favorite characters I've had the opportunity to play and I suspect the Deeply Cursed Bathtub he had delivered to Faithful Lord Yasir Lyksae no less than half a dozen times only to have it returned with scorn is floating around Tuluk somewhere today.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my god! Long time no see, HavokBlue!
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Been taking a break but I'm never far!
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: Rokal on October 22, 2021, 01:10:56 AM
I joined back in September of 2014, where I made my first character, Keyrena.
Quoted from the Game Feedback Wanted. The name Keyrena was familiar but I just couldn't place it. Did a search through my mud files and found this brief bio entry of mine referencing your character.

Advisor Coira is an exceptional aide. She knows politics, and is a skilled soldier, having formely served in the Winrothol Cavaliers. She had been consulting with Seeker Tallis of Irofel on a program to allow pick-up performances by Circle bards and other aspiring bards. Corporal Keyrena and Private Alya are shadow artists the Faithful have asked Coira to train. After a little convincing, Seeker Tallis wishes to sign up another patronage with Winrothol, so I have taken her on. She is one of the most experienced, and talented Circle bards in public life, so it was a major win for Winrothol. Tallis had been commissioned to paint a portrait of Raleris, which is currently ongoing work.

Who remembers, The spartan, peshek-brown man - Sergeant ? His name I cannot for the life of me remember.

Anyhow, welcome back Rokal!
Death is only the beginning...

Quote from: Evilone on October 22, 2021, 05:19:14 AM
Quoted from the Game Feedback Wanted. The name Keyrena was familiar but I just couldn't place it. Did a search through my mud files and found this brief bio entry of mine referencing your character.

Advisor Coira is an exceptional aide. She knows politics, and is a skilled soldier, having formely served in the Winrothol Cavaliers. She had been consulting with Seeker Tallis of Irofel on a program to allow pick-up performances by Circle bards and other aspiring bards. Corporal Keyrena and Private Alya are shadow artists the Faithful have asked Coira to train. After a little convincing, Seeker Tallis wishes to sign up another patronage with Winrothol, so I have taken her on. She is one of the most experienced, and talented Circle bards in public life, so it was a major win for Winrothol. Tallis had been commissioned to paint a portrait of Raleris, which is currently ongoing work.

Who remembers, The spartan, peshek-brown man - Sergeant ? His name I cannot for the life of me remember.

Aldren I think?

Those were some fun times, end of days in Tuluk. I played Faithful Lord Hederai Negean, the big jiggly bookworm turned weapon of mass destruction after his House was absorbed into the Unified Order.

I was most proud of coming up with the 'Commissioned Officer' program during the war efforts, where Noble Houses could purchase commissions for their Surif (Lord Marshall, Lord Usurer, Lady Commander, etc) at exorbitant prices to fund the war effort and allow Surif access to war camps.

Things felt like they were heating up to be one of the better iterations of Tuluk, and then it closed :( But I'm glad it's back, it may just take a minute to find that spark *makes jazz hands*
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Evilone on October 22, 2021, 05:19:14 AM

Aw, Thanks! I remember Coira, We had some good training scenes together.

And as Reiloth said, that was Aldren! I remember him as well as Jargon , Nori? (or was it Nari?) and Mors off the top of my head. I know there was a romance between Aldren and Faithful Lord Yasir's aide, too. Alya Rings some bells too.

I remember Hederai too, though I didn't see much of him.