Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

Nah, I've heard of half-giant sorcs.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on May 27, 2023, 12:14:34 PM
Nah, I've heard of half-giant sorcs.

Hence unlikely, not impossible :)
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

Plenty popped into the game as a rather well equipped half-giant out of seemingly nowhere shortly after an april 1st rollcall that heavily implied it was sorcerer stuff and there was a LOT of very strange and weird stuff going on with him.

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,56698.0.html
I'm pretty sure plenty came from this. He claimed to be born in a half giant village south of the silt sea somewhere and that the village was destroyed by a dragon.
Also, he wasn't deaf. Multiple times my toon played music and he clearly enjoyed it and he even sang one time (although I accidentally my logs of it)

All I can say is  ( Lands has plenty of foods!) and lumbers off into the scrubs pulling his scarred and trusted inix.
Just having fun.

May 28, 2023, 08:46:05 PM #1357 Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 08:50:09 PM by Inks
Ah Plenty. There is one way you can have a half giant sorc but it isn't something I have seen for a long time. Plenty was just Plenty I think.

He was a pretty cool guy. Plenty unpopular with some world powers though. Kudos for playing it so long, it must have been a mix of fun and frustrating considering his language skills.

Plenty was able to hear but had never spoken  he was not from ANY of the known cities or villages.  It was known he came from the silt shore as a child and grew up very much alone to his adult years.  A mul called Sleep found Plenty in the open sands and there the new adventures started.  Trouble Plenty always caused no matter where or with who it was he hated all forms of magick and it was said he and a dwarven known defiler bi-weekly would battle across the whole known.
Language part was tough but he was one of the greatest enjoyments in game I had in a long time.  And not sure if this is allowed no Plenty was not of any magickal type.  Just a good ole HG from somewhere far far way
Just having fun.

Whatever happened to the hunched, yellowed man (or something close to that)? I remember he was a Bynner turned free lance mercenary that (I think) ended up joining the Legionnaires?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

What the fuck was the deal with Nathor. What was he. Why was he.
I loved him to bits. But his existence still keeps me up at night
The man puts his tongued, grotesque, translucent groin rig on over his eyes.

I don't remember the name, but someone played a character pre tuluk opening that interacted with Aevron, and eventually came to the north to see him but it went bad. Aevron knew what this person was and never expected them to show up but they did, and they barely escaped but I never heard from them again.

What happened??

Do you have a log of that song you sang in the grasslands with whimsy? "Last one standing" I think

I don't have logs.  Up to a month ago I played on the web client. 
Just having fun.

it's been a year by now

what was Drosh? it was fun playing Shroom with you while it lasted

Droshie was my friend, but its up to him/them to tell you what they were.

Suffice to say, he didn't want to eat Khaw and thats all that mattered.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on December 07, 2023, 08:54:46 AMDroshie was my friend, but its up to him/them to tell you what they were.

Suffice to say, he didn't want to eat Khaw and thats all that mattered.
Were you Khaw?

Khaw. The perfectly normal and not-at-all significant Guild Boss of the week.

I thought Khaw was one of the better ones.

Far too many played the Guild as templar aides in rags.

December 19, 2023, 11:05:13 AM #1369 Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 11:49:14 AM by mansa
At a certain level, they are. It usually starts with "Lets get on their good side" or "we'll do this one thing to get pressure off the crew" and it grows from there.

But I've also had angry Templars ride into the Guild Front riding a [magick creature] and laying waste for 'reasons' so ... sometimes "The Guild" doesn't know how to back up its own people and you have to do what you can.

Khaw wanted to expand beyond Allanak's influence but never quite got there. LEGIT died to a failed steal (I think? Combat ensued) in the dark during a storm, because there was a half-giant soldier that patrolled into the next room. Anti-climactic.

December 19, 2023, 11:26:35 AM #1370 Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 11:48:55 AM by mansa
Yeah, I remember the time a templar came up OUT of the back rooms and attempted to kill me with a [magick creature].

The elves don't have this problem at all. They know that if they get caught they're going to be killed and they act accordingly. They never cooperate with the templar, at least publicly.

Another reason I don't play in the Guild anymore. They've just lost all their player agency over the years. Even now if you color even slightly outside the lines a mul boss will show up and rein you in.

Seasons. You and me. Decent enforcer. Epic thief.

Steal the world before the era is over.

Quote from: Miradus on December 19, 2023, 11:26:35 AMAnother reason I don't play in the Guild anymore. They've just lost all their player agency over the years. Even now if you color even slightly outside the lines a mul boss will show up and rein you in.

I don't think that's happened in over 5 years.  I think the last time that happened Nergal was a producer, but I could be wrong.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Riev on December 17, 2023, 07:25:08 PMKhaw. The perfectly normal and not-at-all significant Guild Boss of the week.
I had the ooc goal of making our trading as awkward as possible the moment I realized your character was so polite. Hope you enjoyed the "gift of friendship" on your "leg"

Quote from: mansa on December 19, 2023, 11:50:23 AM
Quote from: Miradus on December 19, 2023, 11:26:35 AMAnother reason I don't play in the Guild anymore. They've just lost all their player agency over the years. Even now if you color even slightly outside the lines a mul boss will show up and rein you in.

I don't think that's happened in over 5 years.  I think the last time that happened Nergal was a producer, but I could be wrong.
It's pretty close to what happened to yap