New to Armageddon Mud

Started by justinrigaud, April 17, 2016, 08:00:42 AM

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am new to Armageddon mud, but been playing another RP mud for the last 18 years or so. Everyone has been super cool and helpful, so thank you for that. For any other newbies who read this let me offer some advice. I am still very new and I have been alive around 120 hours, while spending ample time in the desert, most of my time actually. Take your time and read, read, read... Venture out a little bit at a time. Don't get too crazy too fast. Also, practice your skills, but do it realistically, I've noticed that my skills increase at the same rate weather I'm grinding or just rping, and doing an occasional hunt. Again, thank you to all who have been patient with me (emotes are way different than my old mud) and helped me get my emoting going.

welcome, its addictive in a good way. It will only get better as you learn and experience the game.

Awh <3
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Welcome aboard. Once you get over the initial learning curve, it only gets better, especially if it's your first RPI (roleplay intensive).  Oh! Don't forget to bring some friends!
Death is only the beginning...

Quote from: justinrigaud on April 17, 2016, 08:00:42 AM
Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am new to Armageddon mud, but been playing another RP mud for the last 18 years or so.

Welcome!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Can I haz your boots?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Welcome to Armageddon!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: justinrigaud on April 17, 2016, 08:00:42 AM
Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am new to Armageddon mud, but been playing another RP mud for the last 18 years or so. Everyone has been super cool and helpful, so thank you for that. For any other newbies who read this let me offer some advice. I am still very new and I have been alive around 120 hours, while spending ample time in the desert, most of my time actually. Take your time and read, read, read... Venture out a little bit at a time. Don't get too crazy too fast. Also, practice your skills, but do it realistically, I've noticed that my skills increase at the same rate weather I'm grinding or just rping, and doing an occasional hunt. Again, thank you to all who have been patient with me (emotes are way different than my old mud) and helped me get my emoting going.

Read up about emoting.  You can describe almost anything, and it's pretty indepth what you can and cannot do.
Check the link in my signature for another guide for new people.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Emoting is generally.
You can either syntax it to actually come out right or word your sentence so you only have to use ~
I am guilty of only using ~ and sometimes % in emoting.
Because fuck everything else.
http://armageddon.org/help/view/Emoting
Useful page.

April 17, 2016, 09:14:47 PM #10 Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 09:17:10 PM by justinrigaud
Quote from: Evilone on April 17, 2016, 09:35:51 AM
Welcome aboard. Once you get over the initial learning curve, it only gets better, especially if it's your first RPI (roleplay intensive).  Oh! Don't forget to bring some friends

I'd love to. Problem is the other mud I played will pretty much ban your account if you even mention another mud. have a few friends on there who would love an RPI.

Quote from: justinrigaud on April 17, 2016, 09:17:21 PM
I'd love to. Problem is the other mud I played will pretty much ban your account if you even mention another mud. have a few friends on there who would love an RPI.
You could have just edited your original post fam
And that seems like a shitty stance for a mud

Quote from: justinrigaud on April 17, 2016, 09:17:21 PM

what's the setting there? Nazi Germany?

I'm going to kidnap you because you put your real name on the internet like your parents told you not to do

Leave me the boots.
I call dibs on the boots.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Just curious justinrigaud... how did you learn about Armageddon?
Death is only the beginning...

Glad you are enjoying it mate, good luck!

You gonna die!

A lot.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

Hey there J!

Welcome to Arm.  If you have any trouble you can always use the helper chat button located on the sites main page.  There are folks there just waiting to hear from you!

At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Chances are that I'll end up with your boots! I'm working on a 6 day char as a newb! I come from a PVP RP mud so don't mess with me yo! :) As far as putting my name on the net? I'll end up with your boots, so don't mess with me yo  lol. Yeah, when I signed up I wasn't thinking about everyone being able to see my name. I'm going to try and change that. I heard about Arm from one of the mud voting sites. I got fed up with a lot of the OOC drama that was happening on my old mud. Good game, just too much OOC for a RP mud, people get butt hurt and make IC become OOC. I like how Arm does a good job of keeping IC separate from OOC.

Don't be afraid to ask for help in the game too.