Release Notes

Started by nessalin, August 10, 2015, 07:43:46 AM

Release Notes pertaining to next game code update:

Racial Rebalancing:

* Humans, as the dominant race, shall receive extra coins on game entrance.  This pertains to all free humans with a hometown in a major city such as Allanak or Tuluk.  This will not apply to Luir's Outpost humans, tribal humans, or those in the 'rinth.

* Dwarves, as a former slave race, now receive an extra point or two of endurance  or extra skill points depending on birthplace.  Southern dwarves receive endurance, northern dwarves receive extra points to woodworking and stonecrafting.  In order to keep dwarves in line with racial requirements, they will now receive stat decreases if they do not implement the kill or rescue commands at a minimum of every thirty RL minutes.

* City elves, as a current downtrodden race, are going to start with half of whatever starting coins they would have normally rolled, but will receive 4 free throwing knives, a knifebelt, footpads, and 1 stolen good from a noble house.  Additionally, if their hunger level ever reaches full they will gain the lethargic effect, slowing reflexes and movement speed.

* Desert elves, as a wild race, will now lose 50% of their current movement points if they pass through a room with the words "Gates" in the room name.  If they enter a room and then immediately go back the same direction, this effect will not apply.

* Muls, when they rage, will default to the least armored target in the room as their primary target.  Additionally, they will no longer have a hit point meter available via prompt, infobar, or even use of 'score' command while in a rage.

* Half-giants can now pick up a 'corpse' item and use it as a two handed bludgeoning weapon.  If they have a person in a 'subdued' state, they also count as carrying a shield, and all blows that would be blocked normally by a shield will apply instead to that subdued PC or NPC's hit points.  This does not apply to VNPCs.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

April 03, 2022, 10:41:19 AM #276 Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 10:29:55 AM by Halaster
April 3rd, 2022 (Sunday)

Halaster
- Fixed a bug with change subguild where selecting the 1 karma master armorsmith gave you the 0 karma armor maker subguild
- Added a feature when buying from shops, you can specify buy <item> <vendor> me, and it will size the item specifically for you.  Help buy updated.
- Added a feature that will allow staff to customize sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset messages on a per room basis if desired.
- Fixed a bug with Character Creation menu for certain scenarios

nessalin
- Fixed multiple bugs with staff commands
- Added multiple new staff commands
- Fixed crashedbug
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

April 10, 2022, 10:14:19 AM #277 Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 10:30:01 AM by Halaster
April 10th, 2022 (Sunday)

(Halaster)
- Fixed bug with staff monitoring command
- City elves now have a bonus to running in the city, base cost is 1 stamina unencumbered
- Added ability for staff to customize shade messages on a per room basis if desired
- Split 'natural' and 'magickal' shade and darkness.  Magickal darkness is a little more potent now

(nessalin)
-Fixed crash bug
-Fixed bug in languages saving on character
-Updated room persistence to ignore ephemeral values

April 27yth, 2022 (It's Wednesday, my dudes)

(nessalin)
-Improvements to staff commands.
-Bug fixes to calculations for shop buy/sell costs

Following changes are taking place:

Bartenders have been revamped.  Here and there you'll see price changes, and the Cenyri bartender got a facelift.  Menu options might be different in a couple places, and if you're used to ordering "the usual" then you will want to check price before you do.

Much of this is due to the brilliant work of Nessalin in revamping the drink system.  Basic/necessary liquids like water and ale should be pretty much priced at the same level if not a bit less in public taverns.

And this is where the news gets bad for you high falutin snobs:

Specialty liquors such as wines and rare whiskeys are now priced accordingly.  If you think they're too expensive, you probably need to get more money.  This should hopefully help put forth the idea that a nice bottle of wine is actually a really good gift, like it should be.

Additionally, taste messages were updated for a load of northern liquors which did not have them, including but not limited to:

jaluar wine
japuaar wine
petoch wine
reynolte dry
mead
dark ale
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Halaster
- expanded Javascript functionality
- backend ground work for upcoming poisoning updates
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Halaster
- bugfix to a psionicist skill

June 05, 2022 (Sunday)

Halaster
- Fixed a bug with a spell
- Poison code refactoring to prepare for further updates - no actual game changes (yet)

June 12, 2022, 10:05:55 AM #283 Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 03:54:07 PM by Halaster
June 12, 2022 (Sunday)

nessalin & Halaster
- Expanded values on objects to make room for future projects

Halaster
- Fixed bugs with 3 spells
- Added pemote to the allowed list of commands you can perform while Dumbstruck
- Added the first round of "background_use_ok" flag.  Currently only added/removed by staff via request, but it lets staff easily know who has it turned on.  Removed automatically upon death of a character
- Guarding a mount will attempt to prevent someone else from hitching or mounting it, if you pass a guarding check

June 19, 2022, 08:39:22 AM #284 Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 09:00:11 AM by Halaster
June 19th, 2022 (Sunday)

Halaster
-Added feed messages to a critter that was missing
-Fixed a bug where feeding didn't always work
-Quadrupled rate at which kick skill progresses

(nessalin)
-Fixed memory issues

July 3rd, 2022 (Sunday)

Halaster
- Fixed bug with Identify spell
- Poison update adding onset timers, poison decay on weapons, and potency.  No gameplay changes yet, but this gets us ready to start adding those

(nessalin)
-Improvement to staff commands
-Fixed a bug in dye messages showing up in the main description of dyed items.
-Game can now be more granular in duration of character affects

July 10, 2022, 10:35:13 AM #286 Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 12:23:18 PM by Halaster
July 10th, 2022 (Sunday)

Halaster
- poison updates - https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,58086.msg1078862.html#msg1078862
- vials (cure and poison) now append the liquid color to the sdesc, such as:  a tiny, glass vial of blue liquid

(nessalin)
-fixed crash bug
-improvements to staff commands
-non-humanoids should no longer open/close doors

** This was rolled back on Tuesday July 12.

July 17th, 2022 (Sunday)

Halaster / nessalin
- July 10 release crashes fixed, and added back in

Halaster
- Advanced Poisons bugfixes/updates
      - "You feel very sick..." happens when a poison kicks in, not when an onset does
      - Disabled aging timers on all poisons except Grishen
      - Pouring water on weapons to remove poisons should work properly now
      - Can now analyze poison mashes to see ingredients (based on skill level)
- New clan-specific subguild

(nessalin)
- Fixed several memory leaks

July 24th, 2022 (Sunday)

Halaster
- Fixed bug that allowed crafting with a broken tool (and crashed the game)
- You can no longer run and hide at the same time - this was an unintentional behavior before that allowed it
- First wave of advanced brewing put in place, for grishen only
        - Potency added - the primary determination is your brew skill, with a minor bonus from poisoning skill
        - You can assess items that are poisoned and get an idea of its strength based on your poisoning skill
        - You can assess items that are cures and get an idea of its strength based on your brew skill

nessalin
-Fixed bug in pilot lag calculations
-Fixed bug in magick armor stacking

July 25, 2022 (Monday)

Halaster
- Updated hide / run change so that hiding while running will now slow you down, instead of block you from hiding.  It will make you sneak if you have that skill, otherwise it will make you walk

run
You speed up to a fast run.
>
hide
You slow down and start sneaking.
You search for a good place to hide.
>
You attempt to hide yourself.

July 31st, 2022 (Sunday)

Halaster
- Tweaked timers further on poison and cure decays.  Note that no cure decays are live, and only grishen decays for poisons, as of now.
- Added in-game logging for poison-related changes to help staff better see what's going on
- Fix a bug with brewing advanced poisons
- Addition groundwork for future features of advanced poisons
- Desert elf endurance change live, see https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,58287.0.html

nessalin
-Fixed bug in staff commands

August 7, 2022

Halaster
- fixed bug with Nilazi spell
- fixed bug with color of a psionicist power
- updated Hall of Kings starting gear for two tribes
- fixed bug where recently loaded poison objects lost potency too quickly (within a few minutes)
        ** If you lost poison objects due to this, feel free to submit a reimbursement request **
- Next round of poison/cure updates, see https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,58086.msg1080077.html#msg1080077

August 14, 2022, 10:28:02 AM #292 Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 12:06:12 PM by Halaster
August 14, 2002

Halaster
- Assessing an arrow now shows quality if you have either A) the fletchery skill at all, or B) archery skill at high apprentice.
- Assessing a bullet now shows quality if you have either A) the fletchery skill at all, or B) sling use skill at high apprentice.
- Maximum duration of skellebain capped at a reasonable timeframe
- Potency level for poisons and cures will only show for Grishen, for now, to avoid confusion, because Grishen is the only poison using it currently.
- Fixed issue where if you logged out with a poison object it reset to bloodburn.
          - ** If you lost a poison object due to this, put in a reimbursement request **
- Next update to poisons:  https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,58086.msg1080333.html#msg1080333

Hotfix August 14, 2022

Halaster
- Fixed a bug where every hit of every weapon was poisoning people, regardless of whether or not the weapon was poisoned.  Stupid missing brackets...

August 21, 2022

Halaster
- You can now unhitch a mount from someone who is sleeping
- Fixed several cases where you could add more poison objects to poisons to get them higher potency.
- Fixed a couple of cases where you could add more mashes to cures to get them higher potency.
- Updated Terradin to be an advanced poison
- Updated Terradin to be an advanced cure
- Custom cure messages based on the type (only for grishen, terradin for now)
- Custom poison messages based on the type (only for grishen, terradin for now)

August 28, 2022, 10:39:27 AM #294 Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 10:43:08 AM by Halaster
August 28, 2022

Halaster
- fixed an issue where someone re-using a vial in advanced cures would say you can't craft it
- attemped fix on a crash bug
- fixed an issue with poisons and drinks
- added Generic/Bloodburn poison to advanced poison/cure system

August 31, 2022 (Wednesday) - mid week release due to scheduling conflict and we cannot do one Sunday

- Fixed bug with multiple 'wear off' messages for Bloodburn
- Fixed bug with Bloodburn not properly stacking, causing people to suffer much more quickly than intended
- Methelinoc added to new advanced poison system
- Peraine added to new advanced poison system
- Heramide added to new advanced poison system

September 18, 2022, 09:39:46 AM #296 Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 10:18:26 AM by Halaster
September 18, 2022 (Sunday)

Halaster
- Added the ability to add shapes to tablets.  Pill presses in the near future
- Added the ability to have vials be transparent or not.  This gives staff the option on whether a type of vial will display its color contents or not (some are clear, some are not)
          - ** If you have any vial that no longer show their liquid in the sdesc, wish up or fill out a request and I'll replace/fix them **
- Fixed bug with Terradin where NPC's might die right away
- Added Plague to the new cure/poison system
- Added Skellebain to the new cure/poison system
- Fixed "Poison Recovery" in stat command to more correctly apply when it should
- Added "Cure" to the list of affects you will see in the stat command.  Poison is there, so Cure should be too.
- Added and Fixed some staff-side information and commands related to poison
- Updated all magickal spells related to poison to work with the new system

October 2, 2022 (Sunday)

Halaster
- Fixed an issue where poison and cures were not properly decaying.  They really do now.

October 16, 2022 (Sunday)

Halaster
- Removed karma timer system, see post here:  https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,58528.msg1081914.html#msg1081914
- 3 new subguilds for special purposes
- 1 new spell
- fix to poison timers that hopefully resolve a crash issue

Tiernan
- when stealing from someone it now considers the victim's steal skill, meaning if you're good at stealing it helps you be more aware of it happening to you

October 23, 2022 (Sunday)

Halaster
- new clan-specific subguild
- updated starter options for a couple of clans
- code changes for sorcerers in preparation for relaunching them