Banking Changes 2: Elkran Boogaloo

Started by Nyr, August 09, 2015, 12:10:19 PM

I'm actually in favor of nobles having to pay something for banking services, just not a sum so astronomical it makes them favor their bedrooms over Nenyuk. Though it could be argued that from an OOC perspective, nobles are meant to drive plots with their money and any hindrance will be an OOC distraction. So I guess whatever works, really.

Eh, I'm comfortable with the idea that a Great Merchant House has to bow down to the ruling political class.

If there was ever a Nenyuk PC I think the way in which they ought service the nobles and templars would be through arranging loans for projects rather than banking fees.

That would be a really cool political role.  8)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Dar on August 10, 2015, 12:27:00 AM
Point is ... if I withdraw everything and then redeposit from zero, will I be charged zero?

Quote-Minimum deposit required when fee is in effect (2,000 or more combined value of deposit + balance)

Deposit + balance, so no.  If you are eligible to be charged a fee (whether your account IS at that amount or WILL BE at that amount with your deposit), you will be charged a fee.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Soooooo, when does interest, the obvious next step get implemented?

I'm guessing interest will arrive some time after Nenyuk begins making standardized loans to commoners. So.... Probably not ever.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

I like this system much better than the first one. And you fixed both the concerns I had.  Well done Staff!
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Wait... you guys actually USE Nenyuk? I generally keep all my wealth adding up in my diamond-studded, throne built of viscous black bricks as I overlook the purple-salt-preserved heads of my contract-killed enemies.

What am I doing wrong?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on August 10, 2015, 11:42:07 PM
Wait... you guys actually USE Nenyuk? I generally keep all my wealth adding up in my diamond-studded, throne built of viscous black bricks as I overlook the purple-salt-preserved heads of my contract-killed enemies.

What am I doing wrong?

You're not having sex with the heads, for one.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Kismetic on August 09, 2015, 12:25:35 PM
What am I, a fucking half-giant, maaan?

I have to admit, I've been using the bank less.  I caught myself carrying around two large the other day, just willy nilly.  I wasn't sure this was a bad thing for the game, though.  :P

It was a good thing, but the pitchfork-carrying masses won the day. Back to shoving all my sids in the bank!

I still think it would have been great if:

The dark-haired Nenyuki agent looks at you and says,
"That's cute."
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Delirium on August 09, 2015, 03:33:52 PM
Quote from: wizturbo on August 09, 2015, 01:38:07 PMI just realized that nobles can now provide a valuable service for wealthy independent merchants...free banking.

Ha, I'm reminded of the guy from the Professional who keeps all of Leon's money "safe" for him.

I fucking loved the Professional.

Also, this change is better.

This has been in a few weeks and I just wanted to chime in and say I have had it affect how I play personally.

I do find myself making decisions about my money that I never would have even put thought into in the past. What was once a completely mindless process now has me making decisions on an IC level about how best to do things. I even take into consideration the ramifications of my actions when stacked against other PC's that I know who may have a reason to react to my decisions.

I like it and I think it's working more or less as intended.

I look forward to where this is going in the future.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: musashi on August 10, 2015, 03:04:00 AM
If there was ever a Nenyuk PC

I played one over ten years ago, when I was just a little boy.