Mushclient Issues

Started by roobee, May 31, 2015, 12:22:42 PM

Everytime I start up mushclient, the first time I connect to Armageddon it shows the start screen. However, it does not respond to any of my inputs, like connecting to my account. I have to disconnect and connect again. How to fix?

This is a common problem with mushclient.  It happens to me too.  I'm not sure there's a solution.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Step 1: Connect to Armageddon normally
Step 2: Enter a command like c multiple times until you see it fire to the game and it outputs a response
Step 2 (alternate): Hit enter several times until you see the game respond to the blank line command
Step 3: This should fix your issue of having to re-connect.

Quote from: Jeshin OR on May 31, 2015, 12:37:19 PM
Step 1: Connect to Armageddon normally
Step 2: Enter a command like c multiple times until you see it fire to the game and it outputs a response
Step 2 (alternate): Hit enter several times until you see the game respond to the blank line command
Step 3: This should fix your issue of having to re-connect.

Yep, I do step 2 alternate every time.

May 31, 2015, 01:09:35 PM #4 Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 01:11:18 PM by Lizzie
I just re-read the OP - I misunderstood and thought you were having problems actually connecting to Armageddon. I have the same problem with you, which occurs AFTER connecting to the game. It never recognizes the first "c" I enter to connect to my account. I get "That option is invalid." I usually just hit the enter key once to get that error message, and then hit C, and it goes right on through.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I just have to hit c twice...

>c
>c
>[username]
>[password]
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I have to hit enter exactly 5 times first.  :D Funny how it's different for everyone, it's probably a simple fix for those who know how the client works.

June 01, 2015, 12:22:27 AM #7 Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:50:40 AM by Agent_137
i just have to hit c once. it's in my autoconnect config. looks like this:

c
%name%
%password%

then i'm logged into my character and I have to hit enter once or twice to get pass the Message of the Day.

mush client 4.94, windows 7

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 31, 2015, 08:56:39 PM
I have to hit enter exactly 5 times first.  :D Funny how it's different for everyone, it's probably a simple fix for those who know how the client works.

I tried a lot of simple things out of curiosity, just to check it out. I couldn't find anything. It's definitely not a simple fix. Seems like something ingrained into the client. Don't have this problem with Mudlet or zMUD, so it seems unique to Mushclient.

On an XP computer, Mushclient one and a half years old, one C, unless the imput is laggy, then C C.
On a Windows 7or 8, more recent Mushclient download, C C every time, I think.

Quote from: solera on June 01, 2015, 04:37:23 AM
On an XP computer, Mushclient one and a half years old, one C, unless the imput is laggy, then C C.

Age of the Mushclient install doesn't really tell much. You can check the version number, though, and that might be an interesting look. I have the most recent version of Mushclient on an XP machine. C C on mine.

Quote from: Alesan on June 01, 2015, 10:48:44 AM
Quote from: solera on June 01, 2015, 04:37:23 AM

Age of the Mushclient install doesn't really tell much. You can check the version number, though, and that might be an interesting look. I have the most recent version of Mushclient on an XP machine. C C on mine.

Version 4.841 it says on the top of my screen.