Opinion on magick as a feature of the game

Started by MeTekillot, March 06, 2015, 04:44:34 PM

What do you think of magick?

I think magick should be downplayed.
17 (14.9%)
I think there should be more magick in-game.
20 (17.5%)
I think magick should be removed entirely.
2 (1.8%)
I'm fine with the current amount of magick in game.
64 (56.1%)
some other, fifth thing
11 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Quote from: Malken on April 18, 2015, 09:13:32 AM
I think WarriorPoet meant people with at least 14 karma like me and Delirium.

Let's suppose that happens.  If you decided to start casting spells in front of your clan or other ally PCs, then magick has visibility.  You could have 1 karma or 9000 karma.  Trying to use that as a metric for magick visibility works to an extent.  That can only guarantee less people play magickers, however.  It doesn't guarantee mystery.

If you want to make magick more elusive, increase the difficulty for learning spells or meeting the prerequisites to perform them.  Or introduce new, strange things that even veteran players are forced to learn.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

Poll clearly states 80%+ of the non-"other" group like the current levels of magick or want more.  The people who don't are the very definition of a vocal minority.  Let's move on already, IMO.

I wish magick (as well as most skills[especially combat skills]) Allowed you to add a custom emote for successes, so that spellcasting isn't as statick and predictable as it is now.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on April 18, 2015, 01:17:26 PM
I wish magick (as well as most skills[especially combat skills]) Allowed you to add a custom emote for successes, so that spellcasting isn't as statick and predictable as it is now.

I agree.  Though I have seen it happen with some PCs who just manually plug it in to give their magick that extra flavor.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi