How do you feel about PC killing?

Started by Wastrel, May 30, 2013, 03:53:34 PM

Quote from: Wastrel on June 04, 2013, 12:08:44 AM
how does one exactly "spam flee"
Find out ic
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I think I've only been killed once by a raider.

I had a brand spanking new halfbreed gemmed, and went out salting. A HG told me to give him my stuff. I tried to stand up to him. SQUISH.

My character totally had it coming.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Scarecrow on June 04, 2013, 01:15:08 AM
One time on a previous char, a man tried to kill me near Red Storm. We were sifting spice when he pulled a throwing knife, said something about the poison on it being my end, and tossed it. It missed. We then had a kind of sissy fight with knives, before I pulled a lumber axe and hit him hard and he ran, and I chased him down and finished him with the axe. I remember thinking "Wow...that escalated quickly."

"That escalated quickly..."
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Fredd on June 03, 2013, 07:13:22 PM
Quote from: Vwest on June 03, 2013, 06:53:22 PM
Quote from: Fredd on June 03, 2013, 03:53:25 PM
I wish you could actually enslave a pc. And them not be force stored like. "If you want to keep playing, lets do this" that could make some very interesting rp.

Why would someone not have the option to keep playing? I can't even think of a reason beyond 'I don't want to deal with slave PCs' for this.

And that is a really, really weak reason for a blatant OOC roadblock to what could be IC awesomeness.

I had a mercenary on another game, who worked for the losing side of a small conflict between criminal elements. She was captured, sold into black market slavery and ended up falling in love with her owner. She couldn't live chained and eventually rebelled, killing him to great regret (as well as his wife to absolutely no regret at all!) and escaping. She lived on the run for a really long time, killed several bounty hunter PCs, soldiers and other important stabby-killy types, as well as helping a lot of people out along the way to redeem herself for killing the man she loved. She had a bit of a dark hero type reputation when she was assassinated... while buying bread of all things.

If the staff there had forced the character to be stored, none of that would have happened and a lot of people would have missed out on all the fun, as well as all the spin-off conflicts, dramas and neat stuff that came from it.

I would be absolutely livid if I didn't have the option to just play out my characters enslavement, given how much slavery is a part of the lore here.

I believe the official staff reasoning was something along the lines of almost every pc slave running away, or something.

Dock karma if there isn't a good reason, as well as some good planning gone into making it happen.

There should be little to no need for staff oversight with the role, we have consent rules and by making slave collars only removable by templars / house handlers, or maybe some expensive process you pay for in Red Storm. Good luck just walking out the gate after looting the House armory if the guards imprison slaves for attempting to leave without their owner present.

I had no 'support' or special treatment in my slave role. It happened in-game, I went with it, things happened as they happened and that was that.

If someone tries to cheese the role? Storage. Someone tries to do something ridiculous? Dead PC. Someone openly starts to abuse the fact PCs can be enslaved again? Dock that karma hard.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on June 04, 2013, 02:57:23 AM
Quote from: Scarecrow on June 04, 2013, 01:15:08 AM
One time on a previous char, a man tried to kill me near Red Storm. We were sifting spice when he pulled a throwing knife, said something about the poison on it being my end, and tossed it. It missed. We then had a kind of sissy fight with knives, before I pulled a lumber axe and hit him hard and he ran, and I chased him down and finished him with the axe. I remember thinking "Wow...that escalated quickly."

"That escalated quickly..."

That made me lol IRL when I watched it. Love Anchorman.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Vwest on June 03, 2013, 06:53:22 PM
Quote from: Fredd on June 03, 2013, 03:53:25 PM
I wish you could actually enslave a pc. And them not be force stored like. "If you want to keep playing, lets do this" that could make some very interesting rp.

Why would someone not have the option to keep playing? I can't even think of a reason beyond 'I don't want to deal with slave PCs' for this.

And that is a really, really weak reason for a blatant OOC roadblock to what could be IC awesomeness.

I had a mercenary on another game, who worked for the losing side of a small conflict between criminal elements. She was captured, sold into black market slavery and ended up falling in love with her owner. She couldn't live chained and eventually rebelled, killing him to great regret (as well as his wife to absolutely no regret at all!) and escaping. She lived on the run for a really long time, killed several bounty hunter PCs, soldiers and other important stabby-killy types, as well as helping a lot of people out along the way to redeem herself for killing the man she loved. She had a bit of a dark hero type reputation when she was assassinated... while buying bread of all things.

If the staff there had forced the character to be stored, none of that would have happened and a lot of people would have missed out on all the fun, as well as all the spin-off conflicts, dramas and neat stuff that came from it.

I would be absolutely livid if I didn't have the option to just play out my characters enslavement, given how much slavery is a part of the lore here.

What game is this?

Quote from: Morrolan on June 04, 2013, 02:42:17 AM

I had a brand spanking new halfbreed gemmed, and went out salting. A HG told me to give him my stuff. I tried to stand up to him. SQUISH.

I thought Magickers made everyone cry?

Or did he not know any 'spells' yet?

Quote from: Wastrel on June 04, 2013, 11:16:08 AM

I hate to say it, but find out IC. Not everything you hear on the boards is true. And many, many things are only true-ish.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Wastrel on June 04, 2013, 11:16:08 AM

Have you seen a half-giant squish something yet? If not, you will. And if you do, pay careful attention.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Never done it! I -almost- did, the other night, but I was sorta stopped from it. Circumstances, not not being able to.

Does PKilling yourself through stupid actions count? Because if so I've PKilled a lot. A LOT!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I only feel bad if they likely didn't deserve it and I am following Orders...Otherwise...OMG it feels great to murder someone that desperately deserves it  ;D more so if they have been fucking you over for a weeks and weeks. Also, I never feel bad when I kill someone that would I have just robbed but they kept spam fleeing while I was trying to rp with them. I do always try to give people a good death.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

I never enjoy it and always do everything possible to find alternative solutions even when it doesn't make sense for my character.

But I have done it a few times.  I would say I'd much rather die to a player than to an NPC.

I'm not a big PKer, but I do every once in a while. I try to make it as RPd and interesting as fits the situation.
That being said, if you try to spam flee..... I will twink kill the fuck out of your shit before you reach the gates, and not feel bad about it.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

The only PKs I've felt bad about are ones that I've dolled out abruptly (usually because I've keyed myself up so much before hand), or when I truly felt like the other character was getting a raw deal. Otherwise there's nothing quite so exciting as rolling the dice with another PC.

Lol, Skeelz, my brotha ...  do you mean, dolled out, like played dress-up, or ...  or this?

I wish I had been PKed more often. Even without a single emote, I'd rather go to a fellow player than some code. My characters always live forever. Find me and kill me so I can keep trying out new vibes.

Quote from: Uberskaapie on June 11, 2013, 06:50:29 PM
I wish I had been PKed more often. Even without a single emote, I'd rather go to a fellow player than some code. My characters always live forever. Find me and kill me so I can keep trying out new vibes.
Go piss people off.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Most of my PKs are on accident.  :(
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: Bushranger on June 04, 2013, 06:24:19 PM
Does PKilling yourself through stupid actions count? Because if so I've PKilled a lot. A LOT!

Hey, I'm a member of that club too!

And I've PKed others, and no matter how my character my act IC, OOC I always feel a bit had, cause I have no idea how long the other player has been developing/playing that particular PC.
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Quote from: razorback on June 13, 2013, 03:19:35 PM
Quote from: Bushranger on June 04, 2013, 06:24:19 PM

Hey, I'm a member of that club too!

And I've PKed others, and no matter how my character my act IC, OOC I always feel a bit had, cause I have no idea how long the other player has been developing/playing that particular PC.
Killing a horribly badly played PC probably wouldn't feel so bad.

I tend to find myself in the 'killing is the second or third option' boat.

And for being Murder, Corruption and Betrayal, I find those things are best done in small doses when people don't expect it, that way the experience is far more vibrant and people don't become too comfortable.

I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

I love PC killing. So long as its not just random.

In alot of previous muds, I would often choose a religion, and become a pure fanatic. And all religions seem to have an opposite or counter part. And I would set the tone early for pking the other side.

The only thing that seems to be remotely similar would be to be overly fanatic towards mek or tek and kill the opposition regularly. Which very well may be an interesting idea now that I think about it...
Life sucks, then you die.

June 20, 2013, 07:55:26 PM #149 Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 08:56:09 PM by Jingo
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.