To go where none have went before

Started by Patuk, March 07, 2013, 09:00:36 AM

I have braved the reaches of the internet to do what none before me have managed to do..

.. And finally made something out of the Armageddon trope page.

The page is still a work in progress, in no small part due to there being a -lot- of tropes I'm still going to add, and writing these things isn't exactly easy. Still, this is years due at least, and with some luck this might even draw new people to our site. If people would like to help out I'd appreciate their work in doing so, but I'm going to establish one ground rule from the get-go so there won't be any issues:

If it can't be learned from reading the public documentation or reading a well-moderated gdb thread, it has no place on tvtropes.

This means no mentioning of information from clan forum/in-depth documentation boards, and no things that relate to what happens in-game other than the most widely-known ones. A trope entry about a byn company following their Sergeant off the shield wall being Too Dumb to Live is okay, an entry detailing why the inner workings of your clan make it apply to trope X or Y is not.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

It will be, but I want to finish adding all tropes I thought of first.

there's 3 moons now :P
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

QuoteAnd finally, Allanak retains the ban on Sorcery and Void Magicks, but actually allows elementalists to cast their spells within the city, as long as they do so within specific areas. The common populace avoids the place like the plague.

Official policy is that they don't. Mdescs of rooms in the elementalist quarter, history, and player tradition dictate that, when someone asks you why you're in the elementalists' quarter, as its own thing, then that wasn't a logical question on their part. It isn't specifically stated in any helpfile that, hey, commoners can walk around in the witches' quarter, just like it isn't specifically stated anywhere that, hey, commoners can walk around in the old quarter of Tuluk, which is where I think the confusion comes from.

The baby-eater end of town is generally avoided by the populace, I'd say. Last thing you want is to come out sporting a tentacle or something.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on March 21, 2013, 04:45:40 AM
QuoteAnd finally, Allanak retains the ban on Sorcery and Void Magicks, but actually allows elementalists to cast their spells within the city, as long as they do so within specific areas. The common populace avoids the place like the plague.

Official policy is that they don't. Mdescs of rooms in the elementalist quarter, history, and player tradition dictate that, when someone asks you why you're in the elementalists' quarter, as its own thing, then that wasn't a logical question on their part. It isn't specifically stated in any helpfile that, hey, commoners can walk around in the witches' quarter, just like it isn't specifically stated anywhere that, hey, commoners can walk around in the old quarter of Tuluk, which is where I think the confusion comes from.

Quote from: BleakOne on March 21, 2013, 04:51:09 AM
The baby-eater end of town is generally avoided by the populace, I'd say. Last thing you want is to come out sporting a tentacle or something.

^ that.

But the room descriptions dictate otherwise. There is a part of the Elementalist quarter that's very popular with non-gemmed commoners, who go to that area specifically to see the gemmed doing their thing. And - the room descriptions of that area make it clear that the gemmed are, in fact, doing their thing that area. And even the NPCs are in on the fun, doing their thing, and the long arm of Tek's shadowy law is even there to observe.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Looks good, but I would replace the "dead for good" link in the initial paragraphs to link to "Final Death" trope which is video game specific; the wicked witch legs there break the theme somewhat.

Also, somewhere in here should be a link to "Bad Guy Bar."
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2