Is such a race even possible? (Giorgio Tsoukalos Edition)

Started by AdamBlue, June 08, 2012, 12:02:37 AM

Male dwarves with female humans make Muls.
Male dwarves with female elves would also make Muls?

Are female dwarves unable to conceive if they get it on with human or elven males?

I guess find out IC, eh?

Reading the animals docs shows that a few creatures have been specially bred (Sunlons.)
So I wonder what else a properly motivated individual could string together.

Half-man, half-bahamet, half-tregil, all awesome.

Elf + dwarf.

In Dark Sun, they were indeed called a dwelf.  I think we should change it to Dwul (pronounced Dwool).  Like Mul, but with dw in it.

Slobbering profusely, the spit-faced, speech-impeded templar says, in sirihish:
   "Is that a Dwul down dere?!"

Rolling her eyes and not bothering to look to the arena floor, the normal templar says, in sirihish:
   "Yes.  You leave a drool everywhere."
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Perhaps Elven bodies are too slim to even bare a dwarven child, so by the time they are pregnant, they die/have a miscarriage.
Light RP is like light beer: It fucking sucks and makes me fall asleep.

I miss Tuluk....

The chubby, balding man says, in sirihish,
"He is half man, half chalton, half carru: manchaltoncarru.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Sorry for bringing this back up, but I had a wierd kind of thought- And bear with me here.

So, if what I've seen says that elves are farther away from dwarves in the genetic line, while humans are closer...

What if a half-elf and a dwarf bump uglies? Would it still result in a Mul, or maybe it would result in some kind of HORRIBLE ABOMINATION.

I am seriously considering wanting to create a dwarf with the focus to bump uglies with a half-elf and see if, somehow, it works. EVEN IF IT KILLS HER. Then the child will become... Some kind of... Half elf, half dwarf... Beast.

It would certainly be an ugly one.

IF a half-elf/dwarf were to 'mate in the wild' the child would die along with the mother.

The question is why would Borsail, Kasix or Winrothol WANT to breed a breed with a dwarf?
A mul that is even more emo than normal? Recipe for disaster.

So, more than likely, even if genetically possibly, it would be VERY unlikely to ever happen.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I bet it's happened at least once in each house's history, however. If only FOR SCIENCE/the lulz of it.

When two different, similar species mate in the real world (horse+donkey, tiger+lion, Muls :p) the offspring of such a union are infertile. I kind of wish breeds were this way in Arm...It would make more sense. Otherwise, considering their social status as outcasts, you would think they would end up hooking up together way more often, and would have established their own 'breed' by now.

Also, just because two species are similar (humanoids), doesn't mean that they would physically capable of 'cross fertilisation'. I imagine with Muls, that even getting the pregnancy to occur and stick in the first place would be the greatest part of the difficulty, requiring special techniques (magick probably) from the Houses that breed them...not just techniques to help with survival during pregnancy and birthing.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Muls don't happen without intervention. A dwarf and a half-elf fucking outside of House Borsail or Winrothol would produce nothing.

Oh yeah. I know that. I was more referring to the fact that they are born sterile...which makes sense. Half-elves are apparently not born sterile...which doesn't make much sense. If they are fertile, they have been around long enough to a be a race in their own right, more like half-giants, with both parents being breeds rather than the parents always being a human and an elf.

But having half-elves with half-elf parents being a common thing would need some thinking in regards to their mentality...as it would be different and start to evolve. Complicated. They should totally just be sterile.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Hybrid sterility in real life is on a continuum. It's not really a hard and fast thing. Some hybrids are usually sterile due to biology. Some hybrids are sterile due to behavior, like mating cycles that don't match up.

In Arm elves and humans are genetically similar enough that their offspring are not biologically sterile. Dwarves and humans are not so closely related, so muls are biologically sterile.

Well what about a dragon and a dwarf then?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.