Discussion thread - Extended Subguilds

Started by Adhira, January 02, 2012, 08:14:13 PM

Oh, thanks.  :P  I guess I have a few more questions then.

How long does it take before you can regenerate one CGP?
If it's through the special application process, should I expect it to take as long as normal special applications? (Basically, should I make a character while I'm waiting?)
How do you know how many CGP that you have? (I assume based on karma, but once you've already used some, can you find out how much you have left?)
Does it matter what subguild you pick before the extended subguild is applied to your character once approved?
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

To the best of my knowledge...

CGP aren't implemented yet, so don't worry about that, at this stage.

I believe that if you app for an extended subguild it does not take as long as a normal special application, provided you aren't asking for anything outside the guidelines set forth.

CGP is directly equivalent to the amount of karma you have. 8 karma, 8 CGP to spend.

The last question... good question. I have no idea! You'd probably receive instructions from staff in that regard, during the application process.

CGP are not implemented. Ignore any thought of those.

You are applying for a special application. You can ask for either an extended subguild OR up to 3 'points' worth of skill bumps as per the outline in the staff announcements.

If you app for an extended subguild you will be told to choose any subguild at character generation and the process that will happen to get it changed once you have made the pc.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Quote from: Adhira on April 04, 2012, 05:42:36 AM

You are applying for a special application. You can ask for either an extended subguild OR up to 3 'points' worth of skill bumps as per the outline in the staff announcements.

If you app for an extended subguild you will be told to choose any subguild at character generation and the process that will happen to get it changed once you have made the pc.

If I have three karma and I app a human Rukkian do I only have one skill point/extended subguild point or 3?  I remember some thread where it said options 3 karma and below wouldn't use CGP.  But then an earlier post by Morgenes seemed to say the opposite.

???

And will desert elf magickers now be three karma or still just two to play?

Weren't delf magickers always three karma +?

No, Desert Elf is 1 karma, and Rukkian/Viv are 2. So 2 was the minimum, I think.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

Quote from: SpyGuy on April 05, 2012, 03:45:29 AM
Quote from: Adhira on April 04, 2012, 05:42:36 AM

If I have three karma and I app a human Rukkian do I only have one skill point/extended subguild point or 3?  I remember some thread where it said options 3 karma and below wouldn't use CGP.  But then an earlier post by Morgenes seemed to say the opposite.

???

And will desert elf magickers now be three karma or still just two to play?

At the risk of repeating Adhira, CGP are not implemented.  Ignore any thought of these.

Your karma doesn't matter for the extended subguilds.  Someone with 0 karma can app for an extended subguild at this point because it is all done with special applications.  The rest of your question and concerns have no bearing at all right now because CGP are not implemented.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on April 05, 2012, 08:34:56 AM
Your karma doesn't matter for the extended subguilds.  Someone with 0 karma can app for an extended subguild at this point because it is all done with special applications.  The rest of your question and concerns have no bearing at all right now because CGP are not implemented.

Act Now for Maximum Pwnage.  ;)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

So I could do a half-giant ranger slipknife with zero karma!

Theoretically.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

No, because that would be a double spec-app. You either spec app for something you'd normally need to spec app for, or spec app for a subguild.

Here's an email I got.

"Ralken,

If you want anything other than simply an extended subguild, it is not allowed with this trial period.  We'd have to take off the ********** (or you'd have to pick a different subguild).

Nyr
Armageddon Staff"

Quote from: MeTekillot on April 05, 2012, 09:21:18 PM
No, because that would be a double spec-app. You either spec app for something you'd normally need to spec app for, or spec app for a subguild.

Here's an email I got.

"Ralken,

If you want anything other than simply an extended subguild, it is not allowed with this trial period.  We'd have to take off the ********** (or you'd have to pick a different subguild).

Nyr
Armageddon Staff"

And my dreams of a Tregil Psionicist/Sorcerer/Master Tailor who makes bikinis from the skins of their butchered kind, drained to full their magicks, have been deferred.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

The Slipknife help file says:
QuoteThey strike fear in others with their knack for delivering a fatal dose of something nasty to their targets, and can attain a level of skill in these areas second only to the Assassin.

Can someone clarify? Does that mean the Slipknife gets Poisoning?

That's probably a safe guess.  The only thing that trips me up is the last part.

Quote from: Kismetic on June 22, 2012, 12:18:49 AM
That's probably a safe guess.  The only thing that trips me up is the last part.

Trips you up? How so? Please elaborate...  ???

No can do.  Sorry, I shouldn't have even said that.  I think it's fair to assume with that wording that this subguild gets poisoning, but I might get spanked for saying that.  ;)

The last part says that his skill level in those skills are better than any other guild that gets them, except fro the assassin guild.

Just a question to the players re: extended subguild apps... I'm seeing in prior times approvals within 1-3 days and getting jealous and saw another recently approved in 1.5 days or so :P... been a little over a week with mine and I was wondering if that's normal in your guys' experience?

Gonna wait at least another week before I ask the staff if its not being overlooked on accident because I know they're all volunteers and I do really appreciate it... but just checking with you guys to see your experience.

Don't bother asking till 30 days have passed.

No, really, extended subs are still special apps and on the bottom of the stack just above account notes.

Adhira will get to them when she has a chance.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on August 17, 2012, 08:39:17 PM
Don't bother asking till 30 days have passed.

No, really, extended subs are still special apps and on the bottom of the stack just above account notes.

Adhira will get to them when she has a chance.

I thought I saw somewhere that ext sub apps were just a tiny bit higher priority than special apps.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

They are, but they are still special apps, and can still take a while since they require an admin to approve them.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

More delegation required.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Be the change you want to see: apply for staff.

Quote from: Maso on August 17, 2012, 09:27:44 PM

More patience required.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on August 18, 2012, 07:48:23 AM
Quote from: Maso on August 17, 2012, 09:27:44 PM

More patience required.
fyi I hope you know Maso doesn't speak for all of us.  I, for one, honor my staff overlords.

But... Armageddon is the functional equivalent of a crack factory, with many users banging on your doors, always looking for more when their stash runs dry.  In a way... its a compliment as to how good your product is.