Depressing Death?

Started by Recharge, July 29, 2011, 08:58:43 PM

Anyways, mine is blacking out from a contact and getting my stuff stolen in Tuluk.  After my PC woke up, they asked a person who was with me that time what happened.  They told my PC that a thief from Under Tuluk stole my items and told me that he can take me down there to fight back for my items.   So, I followed them down there.  Fought the thief and lost on a maybe a one to two day warrior.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Storage
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

May 27, 2012, 04:07:25 PM #278 Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:33:41 AM by Harmless
edit: I'm over it.

Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

All the one's I've caused. They were much better characters than mine.

Sparring incidents on an 8 month old character suck. :c

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: BadSkeelz on May 31, 2012, 02:56:09 PM
All the one's I've caused. They were much better characters than mine.

You mention killing people so often on the GDB that one could get the impression you're enjoying it!

Killing real players player characters in this game is thrilling. Wish I could get the chance to do it more than once every couple years.

Edit: That could have come out a bit awkwardly.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on May 31, 2012, 03:39:29 PM
Killing real players player characters in this game is thrilling. Wish I could get the chance to do it more than once every couple years.

Edit: That could have come out a bit awkwardly.

It's more thrilling when they started it.  You can wash your hands of PKers guilt, in some of those cases.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

The guilt makes it even better.

You guys feel guilty?  I mean, I'm averaging 1 PK every .5 years.  In my mind, that's a low amount.  But guilt?  Oh, please.

Yes, that's why we play perma-death.  To start our own Smurf village.  ;)

I'd like to PK someone...like...just once.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Kismetic on May 31, 2012, 04:41:40 PM
You guys feel guilty?  I mean, I'm averaging 1 PK every .5 years.  In my mind, that's a low amount.  But guilt?  Oh, please.

Maybe my memory is skewed, but on one PC my dude killed about 13-20 over a period of 3 RL months. I don't PK all that much, though. Most of my PCs never do. They're just assholes.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on May 31, 2012, 09:47:33 PM

Maybe my memory is skewed, but on one PC my dude killed about 13-20 over a period of 3 RL months. I don't PK all that much, though. Most of my PCs never do. They're just assholes.

Yes, do it.  I endorse this.  :)

Quote from: Maso on May 31, 2012, 09:40:59 PM
I'd like to PK someone...like...just once.

App for the arena. Pick giant, mul, elf, or roll a human who can *ahem* "talk" their way to a victory.

:D

There are opportunities during arena events to train, and *plan* things. I feel that's what I like most about the one I participated in.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Quote from: Kismetic on May 31, 2012, 11:07:39 PM
Quote from: Is Friday on May 31, 2012, 09:47:33 PM

Yes, do it.  I endorse this.  :)

I had someone in game request my pc (at the time) be the one to take their life. When I arrived they knelt and offerer their neck, saying it was an honor to die at my pc's hands. Does this count as a Pk I wonder?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I think so.  Probably counts as a depressing death, too, if their RP forced them into suicide.

It's just my shitty opinion that PK should happen as much as mudsex.  Wishful thinking.

Quote from: Kismetic on June 01, 2012, 10:29:55 AM
I think so.  Probably counts as a depressing death, too, if their RP forced them into suicide.

It's just my shitty opinion that PK should happen as much as mudsex.  Wishful thinking.

We need a dedicated raiding clan that isn't iso
Czar of City Elves.

what do you mean by a non iso. As in, not limited to certain turf? One that actually lives in the city? What?

Pretty sure they mean one that isn't stuck to a specific area and that roams abroad.  You seen with a certain d-elf clan for a long time before the change-over.

Quote from: Dakota on June 01, 2012, 07:45:58 PM

I'd give that clan a week, at best...
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

June 02, 2012, 10:41:40 PM #297 Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:44:41 PM by musashi
Quote from: Malken on June 02, 2012, 12:34:27 AM

Basically. You would be asking the entire player base to basically not take action against the group under the pretense that they were one of many virtual raiding groups picking off random unimportant nobodies.

Expect they wouldn't be picking off random nobodies. They would be picking off PC's who are all connected to someone somehow.

And when you do that, you get dog piled.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on June 02, 2012, 10:41:40 PM
Quote from: Malken on June 02, 2012, 12:34:27 AM

Basically. You would be asking the entire player base to basically not take action against the group under the pretense that they were one of many virtual raiding groups picking off random unimportant nobodies.

Expect they wouldn't be picking off random nobodies. They would be picking off PC's who are all connected to someone somehow.

And when you do that, you get dog piled.

Alternatively, people in positions of power could actually treat their underlings like the unimportant, expendable meatbags they're supposed to be, instead of obsessing over them and coddling them like precious little snowflakes.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

THANK YOU, SYNTHESIS.

It's kind of a pity I can't fit that into my signature.