Alright guys...

Started by Is Friday, July 02, 2011, 12:11:36 AM

It's about time for me to take an extended break and/or not come back. I've got some things on the horizon and it might be a good thing that some staff policies have me disgruntled. It's not my sandbox--whatever. I'll just cut my losses and move on. I've a few major physical and mental tests in my near future and it's probably better that I can be concentrated on them instead of dividing my attention.

Anyway, I had a good time with you folks. (Most of you!) You guys for the most part are pretty awesome. Keep it real, homies.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Who knows, maybe the pendulum will swing back and things will change for the better.  Good luck!

Best of luck in your endevours, its always sad to see a veteran turn and march off into the dunes. 
We'll be watching the horrizon line for now, with hopes one day of your return.

The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Is Friday, I've always enjoyed your elves. Don't worry, I understand you needed plausible deniability. I'll see you soon, but only soon enough after your life settles down.
You lift ~ with all your strength.
A long length of bone doesn't move.

If you're the player of who i thought you were, I've always wanted to play longer with you. In fact, two such characters that I'm almost sure were yours have given me an idea for the future. Thank you for everything you brought to this game, I hope, in time, you'll come back.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Was great, hope to see you back.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

July 02, 2011, 05:18:57 AM #6 Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 07:11:35 AM by Nao
This sucks major ass.  ::)

Good luck with whatever you're up to!

EDIT: SEE YA SOON! CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDONCRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDONCRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDONCRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDONCRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDONCRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDONCRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDONCRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDONCRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Have fun with whatever it is you're doing, and make it an extended rather than permanent break. We hate to lose a vet.

Looking forward to your return, so you can rock us all again with your remarkable characters!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Who's everyone gonna try and mudsex now?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

KILL GADDAFI AND RESCUE HIS VIRGIN NINJA SQUAD
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Just when I an trying to come back :(

Best of luck to you, Friday.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Best of luck, Marine.

Kick some ass in in real life.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on July 02, 2011, 03:50:48 PM
Best of luck, Marine.

Kick some ass in in real life.
Always been a treat to play 'round you.  Hope it might be again.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Come back when it feels like it will be fun again. Till then, be safe and be happy.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Dude dont leave me alone with all these crazy people.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

So I have to keep Riev company now? Damn.

I'll talk to you, boy! Don't be a stranger! Love ya!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Take care, and come back to play when you can.

Goodbye, sweetheart.  :-*  Take good care of you and yours.  Perhaps we'll both be back in time for Arm:  The Sequel, depending on how the sandbox is looking by then.  ;)
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

:'( Hope to see you soon.

It is a bit of a sandbox, and we all need to pick up our toys and head home every once in awhile.

Hope the community draws you back man. Peace.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Always enjoyed your characters. And I was so confused when I found out you were a guy.

Good luck doing marine stuff!
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." - Albert Einstein

Later!  Hope to see you back!
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: dustbunny on July 06, 2011, 06:24:37 PM
Always enjoyed your characters. And I was so confused when I found out you were a guy.

Wait, he's a guy?  ???

I thought you were a woman for like 4 years dude, still not sure if I really beleive you got man-pieces. Miss you dude, you had some fun characters.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

dude whatever. i've been dying to talk to you about this role op, just resting on my laurels or whatever until you turned up, and now you're off?

fine. just fine. fully inhabit reality and all that. i hope you're happy, not sitting in front of a monitor in a darkened room! sharpening your body and your mind to rival the keen edge of a razor.

i just hope you're happy.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: Majikal on July 06, 2011, 08:17:29 PM
Quote from: dustbunny on July 06, 2011, 06:24:37 PM

Wait, he's a guy?  ???

I thought you were a woman for like 4 years dude, still not sure if I really beleive you got man-pieces. Miss you dude, you had some fun characters.

Dude, he's like one of the manliest looking men I've ever seen. I mean, he's a little on the short side, but he's otherwise pretty manly.

I'm 6'.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Don't know how much I've played with you, but I'll miss you along with everyone else!  :) Your logs are wonderful and you seem like a great guy. Good luck in all you're doing.

Quote from: Is Friday on July 12, 2011, 08:39:47 AM
I'm 6'.

In a world of Dirk Nowitzkis, this is nothing! ;)

But lol @ men not being manly if they're short. Yeesh, you guys are rough.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: Napoleon (Time Bandits)Alexander the Great, five feet exactly. Isn't that incredible? Alexander the Great, whose empire stretched from India to Hungary, one inch shorter than me. Oliver Cromwell, the only man with any guts in British history, not a big man at all. Louis Catorze, five foot two and a half. Charlemagne, dumpy little five-footer. He's quite a little chap. Atilla the Hun, five foot and one half. Cyrano deBergerac, five foot three and a half. Tamerlane the Great, four foot nine and three quarters.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Contemporary, Western man is much taller.

...not to mention wider.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: lordcooper on July 12, 2011, 11:25:28 AM
Quote from: Napoleon (Time Bandits)Alexander the Great, five feet exactly. Isn't that incredible? Alexander the Great, whose empire stretched from India to Hungary, one inch shorter than me. Oliver Cromwell, the only man with any guts in British history, not a big man at all. Louis Catorze, five foot two and a half. Charlemagne, dumpy little five-footer. He's quite a little chap. Atilla the Hun, five foot and one half. Cyrano deBergerac, five foot three and a half. Tamerlane the Great, four foot nine and three quarters.

Naploeon was 5'5" or 5'6"ish, according to most reports. :/

Also: Bye Friday, you were always awesome.

Height standards were purportedly different in the olden days, due to lack of calcium compared to nowadays, or something. Five feet was pretty much the standard height for males up until like the 1400's.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Quote from: maxid on July 13, 2011, 02:04:51 AM
Quote from: lordcooper on July 12, 2011, 11:25:28 AM

Naploeon was 5'5" or 5'6"ish, according to most reports. :/

Also: Bye Friday, you were always awesome.

Yeah Napoleon was actually taller than the average at the time.

Also IsFriday is at most 5'2'' he's short as hell.

You're one to talk.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Anybody else here want to see Is Friday ride on Yam's shoulders/back like some sort of twisted Master Blaster combination?

Because I totally do.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Malifaxis on July 13, 2011, 01:55:54 PM
Anybody else here want to see Is Friday ride on Yam's shoulders/back like some sort of twisted Master Blaster combination?

Because I totally do.
Ride off into the sunset.

Take it easy, IsFriday.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Malifaxis on July 13, 2011, 01:55:54 PM

Because I totally do.

I think you just took me back many years to when I used to play just such a game...