Request for Feedback

Started by Sanvean, October 11, 2002, 02:01:22 PM

At the moment, House Oash has some very good PC nobles. They kept me alive for three rl weeks before I retired. *wicked grin*
laloc may be permadorked, but I am the Permadork!

I've never played a noble before, but I personally like Winrothol. Tor was good too, but the north is so much better!  Again I say, GO REBELLION AND F'D UP MUTIES!!!
Anyway, it looks like Winrothol is the only open noble house in the north so my vote it with them.

Righto, I've only run one noble - he was a Reynolte four years ago (kudos to whoever gave props to Reynolte!).. and I'm quite sure it was a pretty different experience than what I would get if I played a noble now.  It still has given me a lotta opinions though.  Muah!

What's the most difficult thing about running a noble? The easiest?

Difficult - Well, this from my perspective.  The most difficult part of running a noble for me is the politics.  I SUCK at politics.  I'm not subtle, manipulative, or scheming in the slightest.  My characters tend to very good ones I like to think, but very good ones who aren't good at politics.  However, I -am- trying to learn.  Heh.

Easy - Easiest?  Nobles are the closest we have to western fantasy characters.  They're beautiful, pristine, and aren't fighting for survival.  This is the shit I grew up reading, and so it's familiar.

What sort of actions on the part of a noble make you go, "woah, okay, that guy doesn't know what he's doing, why'd they give him that role?"

DARK IS DEEP MELODRAMA.  Seriously, if you're playing an application only character, rise above bad gothic horror novels and play a believable personality.  I don't mind dark broody types, but.. y'know.. an average joe character roleplayed badly is sort of boring.  A 'dark is deep' character played badly is AWFUL.  The nature of said personality is to attract attention, and when you're trying to be impressive with long, poorly written emotes about how you're sitting absolutely still I want to vomit.  This pet peeve of mine happens everywhere, but I have seen it a great deal in nobles.

What do you think the responsiblities of a noble are?

I'm going to take an ooc perspective on this, because ICly a noble's responsibility is whatever fits the character.  OOCly - you are in a position of power, you employ people, and they all look to their clan to entertain them.  Even if their IC duty is to entertain you, it's the other way around OOC.  Create goals, responsibilities - work with your clan imm, and above all else - realize that fun and games won't come to you if you sit all day in a tavern HOPING somebody will make the mud fun for you.

If you ran a noble, what questions didn't get answered for you beforehand that you would have liked to have seen answered? Would you run a noble again? Why or why not?

Umm... my last noble was four years ago - the question that kept going through my mind was 'What do I do?  What do I do?'.  To be fair, countless imms talked with me, helped me, debated with me, yelled at me, and generally were kickass people.  I still kept on asking the same damn question though.  Heh.

Which noble house or houses would you prefer to run a noble in - and why?

Fale is closed right now, but I've always wanted to run a Fale.  I think there's just something about loopiness that appeals to me.  Otherwise, I'm finally applying for my first noble in four years - but that doesn't really indicate a favorite house.  I think the three active Houses in Allanak are all quite cool - there might be some blurring of the lines in situations, but that's due to IC directions, not the template of the House.  What I -WOULD- like to see is perhaps a new House opened as something refreshingly different from what we have.  No idea what though.. but oh well.

-Crystal D
Darnell sleeps with goats.'
'Lysinder is much less finicky.'

-From the Shield of Ignorance

What's the most difficult thing about running a noble? The easiest?
Most difficult? When there's no other nobles around. You know you're not suppose to socalice with the commers unless they're well to do merchents, but you as they player are about to go insane from bordome. You don't wanna work on their skills, because their personality got bored easly.... The easiest? I don't think there is easy with being a noble. It's work. Plain and simple. Though you do get lotsa money.

What do you think the responsiblities of a noble are?
depends completly on the house. I've noticed the trend of being crule to commoners vasish, and I rather like that. Yes, they treat them as their underlings, which they are.

If you ran a noble, what questions didn't get answered for you beforehand that you would have liked to have seen answered? Would you run a noble again? Why or why not? I actually think I had everything covered. Because of the type of noble I was playing, there wern't many rules to follow. I have a base objective, and I tried to do it while still staying in the typcial noble rules.

Along the same lines, what would you have liked to have seen included in the noble documentation? Was there anything in there that shouldn't have been? What the typcial noble rules are. Most people kinda know them, but not always.

Which noble house or houses would you prefer to run a noble in - and why? I myself like Fale the best. Probably because they're like me. Laid back, and have an excuse to be excentric. Out of the others.... I suppose ?I'd say Oash. They were under played for a while, and are very dark and secrtive. They seem like something different from my usual happy open chars.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

13% picked house Jal in this poll?  I don't even know who the krath they are...

Ummmm...someone who picked Jal explain why.   :o

House Jal is on the bottom of the three tier noble system in Allanak.

It's a virtual house.  I don't think there have been many nobles played from this house.  Sometimes PC templar's pick this house, though.  Templars are the exception to ALL of Zalanthan's life rules.

They do some work with the sewer system, and have some connections with the water displacement.

Now remember:  

Not everone would know what each noble house does specifically to earn their coin...  But everone knows that a noble house can buy your soul with the spare coins in one of their boots.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

QuoteWhat sort of actions on the part of a noble make you go, "woah, okay, that guy doesn't know what he's doing, why'd they give him that role?"

-ANYONE- who emotes ignoring someone. If your ignoring them, why bring it up? I've simply glanced at a person, and talked more to the person beside me, and they knew they were being ignored, and got insulted. The biguglystupid noble ignores you. What the hell emote is that? Its not just nobles, of course. But anyone who does it surely doesn't deserve one.

The reason to emote ignoring someone is purely ooc.  I know for one I usually wait to act after an emote/say until who I am rping with has a chance to respond.  Typing skills are not all the same after all.  If someone tosses an emote out that stats they carry on with their conversation regardless of ~you or something else to hint that that is their response to your emote/say then you can respond accordingly instead of sitting there waiting for a response.  :wink:

true, a "emote ignores ~you" is pretty poor, but a "ignoring or oblivious to ~you, old noble d00d speaks at a small round table" isn't imho

*plink plink*
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote from: "N/A"-ANYONE- who emotes ignoring someone. If your ignoring them, why bring it up?
Because sometimes people are slow typers, so if you don't do anything the person your ignoring will assume your AFK or something and will continue to wait.

True "emote ignores ~man" isn't very good, however glancing at someone and continuing to do something else is very good.