At what age have you started playing Armageddon?

Started by TripleX, July 07, 2003, 01:30:43 AM

Started playing again this year.  Thank you AC and others.  Now I feel less, well, old!

Morrolan

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Bunch of damned whippersnappers!  I started playing in April 2001, when I was 28.  Last month I turned 31.

AC
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Not actually started playing again, mainly lurking........
but I started playing many years ago, I forget the actual year...age does funny things to your memory.
But I followed a fiesty Whiran over to this mud from another one where we were stifled by trying to RP a clan amid rabid Pkers and whatnot.....
After playing a couple bodyguard type pc's for the Whiran, I struck off on my own......

Looking to come back after about a year and a half to two years......
Just trying to find the time.

Guess you could say I started in my early to middle 20's.  Now I'm pushing the middle 30's.

I was 15. I'm 20.Dig.
Good lord I'm du up right now.

High school was fun, because every day I was s excited to get home and play arm. I didn't do a shred of homework the whole time.

It paid off,too, becuase I hav eno money.
Dig?

I decided to wait until the replies matched my age... I was 53 when I started and now I'm 54.

Yay, someone old enough to be my um, older brother!

Started at 41, going on 23 again :)

What??!! At least try to make semi-coherent replies.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Started when I was 14, I'm now 20.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I started when I was 16 or so, off and on a while. I am now almost 19. In college, I thought I would have -so- much more time to play than I actually do. A wireless internet connection with a laptop sounds ideal for an avid armer, in reality, you don't get wireless all over campus, and only a light signal in my room, but the LAN cable reaches my bed, so that works. I hope I can get more into it after a little bit. Some good rp going on these days. I just hope we can get another HRPT soon, those are always a blast.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I was "thirty-something" when I started and now I am "thirty-something plus two months".

Medena
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

I started at 10 or 11 on and off for a year then started playing regularly I'm 14 now.

Man I was young
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Quote from: "Trenidor"I started at 10 or 11 on and off for a year then started playing regularly I'm 14 now.

Man I was young
Man, you are still young.  :D
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Boom! I started 5 or 6 years ago, and at the time was 13ish. I then introduced a few of my friends to Arm and we all played it and exchanged stories during roudy (and often physically violent, hehe) Alternity sessions.  Nerdy? Hell yeah. Fun? Hell yeah. And hey, I was young.  Now they've mostly gone off to school or moved away and I think I'm the last remaining player of our little group, but hell, Armageddon lets me wallow in any creative whim my mind cooks up, and that's something that I can never let go of. Diablo 2? I played it a week, burnt out. Warcraft 2? Couple months, burnt out. Half-life? Almost a year, then I burnt out. Max Payne? Just until I beat it, then I burnt out.
Armageddon? Five years at least, 35 characters, 35 different perspectives, multiple clans, permanent damage to the game world, permanent additions to the game world, more like-minded people then I've ever met anywhere else, more strange and...accentric people then I've ever met and would never want to know my address anywhere else, more withdrawl then I've ever felt with any other game, more involving then almost anything I can think of, more calming and stress-relieving then those tiny chinese balls (YOU know the ones), but it can make you race faster then you'd ever think text could. It's free. It's always changing. It's artistic and the best way I've found to improve your vocabulary and your actual ability to write. It's fun, and it's the BEST GAME EVER.

Quote from: "Apocalyptic_Cow"Five years at least, 35 characters, 35 different perspectives, multiple clans, permanent damage to the game world, permanent additions to the game world, more like-minded people then I've ever met anywhere else, more strange and...accentric people then I've ever met and would never want to know my address anywhere else, more withdrawl then I've ever felt with any other game, more involving then almost anything I can think of, more calming and stress-relieving then those tiny chinese balls (YOU know the ones), but it can make you race faster then you'd ever think text could.

Well.  Perhaps I should of done it this way.

Quote from: "Apocalyptic_Cow"...more like-minded people then I've ever met anywhere else, more strange and...accentric people then I've ever met and would never want to know my address anywhere else...

Which one am I, Jon?  Dude, let's go pick up Kinkaid and cruise for chicks in Toronto...
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Glad to see there are a few other oldsters out there!
I started playing about nine years ago (before gear in your packs stayed in your packs on logout and ended up in your inventory when you logged in).  Maybe that was ten years ago?  I was 'round about 27.  I'm 36 now, so that's nine years, I reckon'.

I would also like to add that I'm really REALLY glad I didn't know about Armageddon or mudding in general while I was in college.  Whew!
 taste the sands.
I smell my death.
Is that the Mantis head?
Oh, fek!

13ish..

24ish now

:oops:
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

started playing when I was 9 or 10, I think.  I just turned 21.

About 11.  Now 24.  Still in university, still regretting Armageddon.
ife, like a dome of many-coloured glass,
Stains the white radiance of eternity.
 --Percy Bysshe Shelley