At what age have you started playing Armageddon?

Started by TripleX, July 07, 2003, 01:30:43 AM

I've been on and off Armageddon over the years, but in total I've been playing since I was 18 years old (will be 26 in two months), that's almost 8 years now.... Wow..... what about you?

BTW, I remember the days with no karma, no delay, you typed 'backstab' and BOOM... or no delay for magick... cast 'something' and seven jakhals appear of nowhere 8) ... I remember Thrain roaming the 'rinth, looking for PC dwarves :-)

I just started playing back in April.  I'm 24, but I'll be 25 on the 20th of this month.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I started when I was 13 and I am still thirteen

15...now Im sixteen. only been a few months on here. but its great.
Veteran Newbie

I started when I was 14, and am now 15. Had my first full year of Armageddon back in March... But I didn't really celebrate it too much, because it wasn't really a 'full year' (I'm prone to large, multi-month long 'breaks' from the game, espicially when school work piles up...)
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I started when I was fourteen, three years ago, in April.

Started when I was 25 which is getting on about two years ago now. Wish I'd found Arm sooner!
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

I started sometime early november, 1998.
I was...15.

Holy crap, I'm old and mature.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I'm not the only one, but to show we are around: I started when I was 34. I'm 35 now.

One Exception's still a pup. I started last year at the ripe old age of 41.

Hhmmm, I cannot remember:) take 3 months after armageddon opened to now, subtract that time from my age, I'm 32, so, that would be, what, 12-13 years, so, 19 or 20. Grin, What I really think is funny though is that sometimes people ask me what my char's name was, like I'm going to remember, I've had chars on literally hundreds of muds since then.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I started when I was 15, I'm 26 now.
-Moe The Schmoe
:twisted:  :evil:
I wish it hurt to be dumb.

Started fall of 1999.  Was 14 at the time.  Now 18 and not that great a player still.  Fun none the less.

I started playing when I was a month shy of 32 and I am now 36.  :)
color=violet]If life was like a box of chocolates we would spend all day inside being poked and eaten.[/color]

I have always been and always will be, fleshlings!
Back from a long retirement

25.  I'm still 25.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

25, and now I'm 26.  I started back late last year or early this year...not sure.  I keep certain emails and could find my original email from when I got my account, but I don't have access to that email account right now.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Started a couple months after I got outta 'nam. Stuck in the hospital bed with nothin to do but mud. Several people tell me my recollection of events is hazy....

P.S. I need to stop scraming charlie when a templar walks in
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I dont remember, but I just turned 16 on the 17th of May... so prolly 15.

25, and still 25...but I turn 26 next week.  :D
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

I started at twenty nine, two years ago.  Now that I'm twenty nine, I'm really starting to appreciate the game. And next year, after I turn twenty nine, I'm hoping to still be playing...

I was eighteen when I started.. I'm ninteen now... Been playing for over a year now! Whoo hoo!

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Bunch of damned whippersnappers!  I started playing in April 2001, when I was 28.  Last month I turned 31.  Some of you are so young I could be your mom!  :o

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Some of you are so young I could be your mom!  :o
What are you talking about? You are my mum!

I started around 29 or 30 - been around for nigh a decade now. Yikes. I think I'll take the aeshyw approach and just stay 29.

Started when I was 22 I think and I'm 26 now.

I was old when I started. That was a year and a half ago. I'm older now.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Some of you are so young I could be your mom!  :o
Well, I think the youngest would still make you a pretty young mother.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Yeah. I was going to same something similar.

But we know you old ladies get your kicks out of playing with a bunch of young bucks. :-p

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I started Armageddon when I was 18.  

I am now 21.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

I first discovered Arm when I was twenty, played for about a year and then came back again at twenty-seven...now I'm twenty-eight.

I started at 15.

I am currently 23.
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

Ehm.. RL age?

Think I'm about.. 18? Or 19?.. And I started at about this age exactly five IC years ago.

I started at age 33. N00b that I am, I'm STILL 33. But it's an OLD 33 - HONEST!

I had all kinds of "dirty old man" comments reserved for this space, but decided to spare everyone. You're welcome.  :wink:

I started when I was 14.

Now I'm almost 20.  So....Pleh.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I was 13 when I started, I remember it well: I was suspended from school and decided to find a mud where I could really screw with people.  Perma-death? You can actually PICK locks and steal stuff from people's HOUSES? And STEAL from them? It sounded like heaven to this sadistic 7th grader.

Then I grew, after many elven burglars and assassins/pickpockets I had my first merchant, who i thought was lame.  Off the Shield Wall he went.

After a long stay away from Arm, I came back after I realised I liked roleplay and have been here since.  I am now 18.
f the end of the world is near, remove your fear and shed no tear.   Face life head on.

I was 24 when I started. My boyfriend turned me on to Arm and I have been plagued by its addictive quality for one year now.

One night at home 11pm..

S- What are you doing?
J-  I'll come to bed in a minute...
S- I can't sleep with all that typing. You do this almost
   every night, its late..
J- Hold on I can't quit right now..
S- Why?
J- I'm being tracked by a scrab and have to find the city...
S-Are you playing dungeons and Dragons? You nerd..
J- No!... I have to concentrate, I'll come to bed in a minute.., (sighs)
  Finally..   Thank god.
S-What happened?
J- I made it back..
S-What's a Scrab?

One year later 12:30am.. In game Just before Dawn..

S-Alright, I'll go and fill up our water skins while you get our Kanks. Meet me at the gates..
J- Right, sounds good.
S-(Think) I think we could take on a Raptor today, the skins go for a good price, maybe I can get the skull out of one....
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Regarding sarahjc's post:  "Hell yeah!"
That's kind of how I got into Arm.  But we'll save that for another post.

I started... damn.  In 1993!!!!  I was 13.  Now I'm 23.  Holy crap.  I remember when you could see your percentages in your skills and moving through the Red Sun Commons would take you an afternoon.  Still crazy after all these years!!!!

Steve

Uhh... started when I was... sixteen?  Seventeen?  Anyways, I'm twenty-three in a month and so I've been playing five-six years, not including MANY MANY very long breaks.  Probably more like three years of actual playtime.
Darnell sleeps with goats.'
'Lysinder is much less finicky.'

-From the Shield of Ignorance

I was...18, 19? and - Jerusalem. Yes. My brother made me play, but I was into UO at that time. So I played this twink-ass merchant for a while, then he died, or I lost my password, or something happened. Anyway, I went back to UO. For some reason, and when I look in hindsight now, I cannot figure out why, but for some reason I loved that game...until I lost my castle on the Pacific Shard and the ....Uh....the PK shard, whatever that one was called.

Then I started going to play D&D, paper and pen shit, at the gaming shop, and the group I played with was, 1: Confused about what I was doing there in the first place, and 2: Really annoying, nerdy and childish.

So I hit the Net in search of some game to download to relieve my boredom , and I thought about Arm again and made an account. My first really serious character, this one, and my fortune landed me with one of the best roleplayers one could have learned from, a certian old mul. Who better to learn from than him, when you are a habitually twinkish player and are still trying to grasp the concepts of roleplay in general?

I was 21 then. I am 24 now.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

That old mul might not have been the flashiest of players, but Krath, I saw him beat the twink out of more then one player.  I swear that at least half the MUD was saved from being twinks by him.  Good memories.

Quote from: "One Exception"I'm not the only one, but to show we are around: I started when I was 34. I'm 35 now.
Yikes!  Me too!
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?

I started in September of 2001 after months of insisting from Inquisitor, who then hired my poor little ShaL and then disappeared leaving me with no choice but to associate with a filthy magicker who sent her packing to the Byn.

I was 31. I'm 33 now. I'm on my 20th character.

ShaLeah
-who decided somewhere along the line she should reward Inquisitor's aiding of her addiction by marrying him and nagging him for the rest of his life.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I started playing in around 1994 so that makes what going on 10 years?

I remember a PC mantis walking around Tuluk tring to communicate with PC's. And Vis and Wolf them nasty raiders... Lotsa fun to remember the past, but I look forward to changing the future.
 never thought maxing out your "one_handed_typing" skill was something to brag about. Unless you are, you know, trying to impress the netsexers.  

Angela Christine

Started playing again this year.  Thank you AC and others.  Now I feel less, well, old!

Morrolan

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Bunch of damned whippersnappers!  I started playing in April 2001, when I was 28.  Last month I turned 31.

AC
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Not actually started playing again, mainly lurking........
but I started playing many years ago, I forget the actual year...age does funny things to your memory.
But I followed a fiesty Whiran over to this mud from another one where we were stifled by trying to RP a clan amid rabid Pkers and whatnot.....
After playing a couple bodyguard type pc's for the Whiran, I struck off on my own......

Looking to come back after about a year and a half to two years......
Just trying to find the time.

Guess you could say I started in my early to middle 20's.  Now I'm pushing the middle 30's.

I was 15. I'm 20.Dig.
Good lord I'm du up right now.

High school was fun, because every day I was s excited to get home and play arm. I didn't do a shred of homework the whole time.

It paid off,too, becuase I hav eno money.
Dig?

I decided to wait until the replies matched my age... I was 53 when I started and now I'm 54.

Yay, someone old enough to be my um, older brother!

Started at 41, going on 23 again :)

What??!! At least try to make semi-coherent replies.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Started when I was 14, I'm now 20.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I started when I was 16 or so, off and on a while. I am now almost 19. In college, I thought I would have -so- much more time to play than I actually do. A wireless internet connection with a laptop sounds ideal for an avid armer, in reality, you don't get wireless all over campus, and only a light signal in my room, but the LAN cable reaches my bed, so that works. I hope I can get more into it after a little bit. Some good rp going on these days. I just hope we can get another HRPT soon, those are always a blast.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I was "thirty-something" when I started and now I am "thirty-something plus two months".

Medena
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

I started at 10 or 11 on and off for a year then started playing regularly I'm 14 now.

Man I was young
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Quote from: "Trenidor"I started at 10 or 11 on and off for a year then started playing regularly I'm 14 now.

Man I was young
Man, you are still young.  :D
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Boom! I started 5 or 6 years ago, and at the time was 13ish. I then introduced a few of my friends to Arm and we all played it and exchanged stories during roudy (and often physically violent, hehe) Alternity sessions.  Nerdy? Hell yeah. Fun? Hell yeah. And hey, I was young.  Now they've mostly gone off to school or moved away and I think I'm the last remaining player of our little group, but hell, Armageddon lets me wallow in any creative whim my mind cooks up, and that's something that I can never let go of. Diablo 2? I played it a week, burnt out. Warcraft 2? Couple months, burnt out. Half-life? Almost a year, then I burnt out. Max Payne? Just until I beat it, then I burnt out.
Armageddon? Five years at least, 35 characters, 35 different perspectives, multiple clans, permanent damage to the game world, permanent additions to the game world, more like-minded people then I've ever met anywhere else, more strange and...accentric people then I've ever met and would never want to know my address anywhere else, more withdrawl then I've ever felt with any other game, more involving then almost anything I can think of, more calming and stress-relieving then those tiny chinese balls (YOU know the ones), but it can make you race faster then you'd ever think text could. It's free. It's always changing. It's artistic and the best way I've found to improve your vocabulary and your actual ability to write. It's fun, and it's the BEST GAME EVER.

Quote from: "Apocalyptic_Cow"Five years at least, 35 characters, 35 different perspectives, multiple clans, permanent damage to the game world, permanent additions to the game world, more like-minded people then I've ever met anywhere else, more strange and...accentric people then I've ever met and would never want to know my address anywhere else, more withdrawl then I've ever felt with any other game, more involving then almost anything I can think of, more calming and stress-relieving then those tiny chinese balls (YOU know the ones), but it can make you race faster then you'd ever think text could.

Well.  Perhaps I should of done it this way.

Quote from: "Apocalyptic_Cow"...more like-minded people then I've ever met anywhere else, more strange and...accentric people then I've ever met and would never want to know my address anywhere else...

Which one am I, Jon?  Dude, let's go pick up Kinkaid and cruise for chicks in Toronto...
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Glad to see there are a few other oldsters out there!
I started playing about nine years ago (before gear in your packs stayed in your packs on logout and ended up in your inventory when you logged in).  Maybe that was ten years ago?  I was 'round about 27.  I'm 36 now, so that's nine years, I reckon'.

I would also like to add that I'm really REALLY glad I didn't know about Armageddon or mudding in general while I was in college.  Whew!
 taste the sands.
I smell my death.
Is that the Mantis head?
Oh, fek!

13ish..

24ish now

:oops:
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

started playing when I was 9 or 10, I think.  I just turned 21.

About 11.  Now 24.  Still in university, still regretting Armageddon.
ife, like a dome of many-coloured glass,
Stains the white radiance of eternity.
 --Percy Bysshe Shelley