Kanks

Started by jhunter, September 16, 2009, 09:25:48 PM

Every now and then I keep thinking: Damn I miss kanks. So many times did my outdoor pcs interact with them and on occasion, imms jump into my kanks and animate them. Also, we wouldn't have the term "kanking" without kanks. *sighs* I really miss the little buggers,   :'(
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Just thinking about the time when one could ride a kank brings a smile to my face and a lightness to my emotions...

...I've been playing this game way too long...
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I only remember when kanks were bitching and moaning beasts that were dripping some crap from their antennae and pretty much asking to get shot in the back of the head.

But something interesting happened with a kank that made me love kanks forever.

Quote from: Cutthroat on September 16, 2009, 10:08:17 PM
I only remember when kanks were bitching and moaning beasts that were dripping some crap from their antennae and pretty much asking to get shot in the back of the head.

emote carefully positions himself behind ~kank

It broke my heart when my PC's beloved kank succumbed to the kank sickness.   :'(
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Mount     (Movement)

This command will cause your character to attempt to ride the named animal. The animal must be in the same room as your character is, and must be a type of pack, riding, or war animal (see below). Some animals are difficult to handle and will attempt to throw you off their backs immediately.

Rangers experienced with handling animals can tame certain types to be used as mounts using this command.

Successfully riding an animal, once mounted, requires the use of the riding skill. This skill can be developed by simply trying to make the animal move (by use of the normal direction commands).

Some examples of common riding beasts are: kanks (in various breeds), erdlus, inixes, sunback lizards, and war beetles. Erdlus generally cannot carry very much, and so are poor choices for anything other than pack animals. Inixes are very large, and are one of the few breeds of mount suitable for half-giants.

Syntax:
    mount <animal>

Example:
    > mount kank

Note:
    You may omit <animal> and just type "mount" by itself if you have a
    mount already hitched to you. This will attempt to have you mount the
    hitched animal. However, the same conditions still apply as to whether
    you are successful or not.

See also:
    dismount, hitch, pack, skill_ride, title, unhitch, unpack

http://www.armageddon.org/cgi-bin/help_index/show_help?mount
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Yam on September 16, 2009, 10:16:00 PM
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 16, 2009, 10:08:17 PM

emote carefully positions himself behind ~kank

This made my day  :D
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

There was a certain byn unit who saw a gith humping a kank one day...
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

Ever since kanks got wiped out, I have been afraid to buy mounts.  I mean, what happens if you spend several small on a sunback lizard or a war beetle and THEY get wiped out too?
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Sakra on September 17, 2009, 09:15:37 PM

THAT WAS MY KANK. :( He was never the same again.

The Imm responsible for the offending gith's emotes as we rode up should get an award of some sort.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I remember going on a spree one day. My PC mercy-killed every kank her clan owned.

Then curled up in the nearly-empty stable and sobbed for hours.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Medena on September 16, 2009, 10:19:37 PM
It broke my heart when my PC's beloved kank succumbed to the kank sickness.   :'(

It broke my heart to play that kank.  So much history on that beast.  You did a great job.  :( :)

Quote from: WarriorPoet on September 17, 2009, 10:58:17 PM
Quote from: Sakra on September 17, 2009, 09:15:37 PM

THAT WAS MY KANK. :( He was never the same again.

The Imm responsible for the offending gith's emotes as we rode up should get an award of some sort.

Beer works.  So do virgins.

Isn't it weird how a huge insect that doesn't even really exist can still cause our hearts to flutter?
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Back in 2005, I had two kanks and a sexy pc! Too bad I lost my computer and forgot about Arm for a while...

I came back four years later to a very aged PC... Didn't know about the Kank plague and took out my beloved mottled kank!
Needless to say I jumped on it's back and started down the road and it started acting funny. I dismounted and was looking
at it and interacted with it. Had all sorts of things happen and put him down :( I miss that kank! lol
Don't listen to me, I'm only a newb.

Dear kanks:

Kanks for the memories.

I got so used to kanks that I have to title all my mounts 'kank' or I consistently mis-target them.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.