Armageddon Poster Advertisement

Started by mansa, August 18, 2009, 07:13:17 PM

Quote from: Potaje on October 29, 2009, 11:55:21 PM

My favourite so far.
You should add some little tear-off tags on the bottom for lazy people. :D

Armageddon MUD
www.armageddon.org

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Awesome piece of art, Potaje.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Not so awesome spellng spelling.  :o

Quote from: Jengal on October 30, 2009, 11:09:06 AM
Not so awesome spellng spelling.  :o

I -knew- something was throwing me off.  That fighter looks really hot though.

October 30, 2009, 11:16:55 PM #54 Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 03:14:56 PM by Potaje

my apologies, I have made the change, thanks for the keen eyes.

The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

are there two spaces between 'novel' and 'from' or is it the centering tool stretching it out?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Why mull it over?  Join in a living novel from your own computer.  It's free!

All-volunteer staff of more than 30.  Since 1992.  
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Morrolan on October 31, 2009, 09:27:50 AM
Why mull it over?  Join in a living novel from your own computer.  It's free!

All-volunteer staff of more than 30.  Since 1992.  

I like the addition of the all-staff.

Also FS, I can play with it a bit more and work out what seems like an extra space.

Before I make more adjustments and clutter this thread with posts of the same poster, are there any other suggestions or adjustments anyone else would like to suggest?

I am very happy to play with this. Thank you for the input.

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

"Mull" and "join" shouldn't be capitalized.  Maybe a little spot color to liven it up, in the text or the figure?  This looks so cool, Potaje.
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I think there should be just a wee bit more white space on top and bottom.  The curl from the R is smushed right up against the top, and more white space on the bottom will give the poster a bit more weight.

I realize if you're designing this for print that's not necessarily, uh, necessary, since printers have their own margins, but if you intend to use this on a website anywhere there should be some more white space on the borders.

The "And it's free!" bit looks sort of lost and lonely where it is.  Put it up with the rest of the advertising text, it's screwing with the page balance.  I also like the tear-off tabs suggestion someone mentioned earlier.

I love the poster, it's really awesome, and will look even more awesome with just a wee bit of tweaking.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Ourla on October 31, 2009, 01:02:12 PM
"Mull" and "join" shouldn't be capitalized.  Maybe a little spot color to liven it up, in the text or the figure?  This looks so cool, Potaje.

perhaps a color wash/water color (something not too flashy) on the gith clit and leave the figure black and white.

Quote from: Redheart on October 31, 2009, 01:16:14 PM
Quote from: Ourla on October 31, 2009, 01:02:12 PM

perhaps a color wash/water color (something not too flashy) on the gith clit and leave the figure black and white.

This.

Also...

Quote from: LauraMars on October 31, 2009, 01:13:30 PM
I think there should be just a wee bit more white space on top and bottom.

As I'm sure you know, Potaje, you can go to Image>Canvas Size and click the center of the arrow boxes, and enter in .5 to add a half-inch margin all around the background layer.  Then you can Paint-Bucket fill it with white, if your bg is transparent.

More Like this?

Wow, awesome.  Can you rotate the tear offs vertically so that you can fit more in?
Grebber - One who grebs.

October 31, 2009, 03:42:32 PM #64 Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 03:44:20 PM by LauraMars
AMAZING!  I am jealous of your talent!

Just a couple of teeny, tiny things:

1. "An In-Character Roleplaying Intensive"  An In-Character Roleplaying Intensive...what?  You've got plenty of adjectives, but we need a noun, or your statement makes no sense.  Maybe... "An In Character, Roleplaying Intensive Text Game," or "An In Character, Roleplaying Intensive Experience."

2. "Why mull it over, join in a living novel from your own computer."  I'd suggest splitting this into two sentences, as "Why mull it over" is an interrogative phrase, and "Join in a living novel from your own computer" is an imperative phrase.  You can't have both in one sentence.  So - Why mull it over?  Join in a living novel from your own computer.  Also, I think "Since 1992" could be more prominently displayed somewhere, as it is really quite impressive for a mud to last that long.

3. Your tear-off strips should be upended so that there can be more of them, and be easier to tear off.

I've made a rough edited version of what I'm talking about below. I had to use mspaint, as this computer does not have photoshop, but I'm sure you get the general idea.  These are all just suggestions!  You are doing a great job. :)

October 31, 2009, 04:24:55 PM #65 Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 04:46:40 PM by Potaje

Alright Friends of Armageddon.  ;D

Looking good. Suggestion:

Why mull it over? Join in a living novel from your own computer.
With an all-volunteer staff of more than 30, hundreds of players, and over 20 Player Helpers to help get you started.
Log on today - It's free to play!

Really nice improvements!  Many thanks to Potaje for being so oblidging.

This looks awesome! If you can save a copy at 8.5x11" I'm going to print some out on Tuesday and start putting them up at my school.

Quote from: Cutthroat on October 31, 2009, 04:48:47 PM

With an all-volunteer staff of more than 30,

Ahem, not quite true. But a little exaggeration is ok I guess.  Plus if we count inactive, hiatus, legend types, then you're spot on!

Anway - nicely done Potaje, it's great to see the initiative taken and I hope we'll see the results in more players.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

What's the print resolution of the main file, and can you put one online somewhere for us to download?

beautimous, potaje! love the additions to the color and the bloodied words!

Quote from: Adhira on October 31, 2009, 06:11:30 PM

Ahem, not quite true. But a little exaggeration is ok I guess.  Plus if we count inactive, hiatus, legend types, then you're spot on!

Anway - nicely done Potaje, it's great to see the initiative taken and I hope we'll see the results in more players.

27 (?) staffers, yeah. Then throw in the builders...  8)

November 01, 2009, 01:40:18 PM #73 Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 01:43:27 PM by Potaje
Quote from: Cutthroat on October 31, 2009, 09:23:16 PM
Quote from: Adhira on October 31, 2009, 06:11:30 PM

Ahem, not quite true. But a little exaggeration is ok I guess.  Plus if we count inactive, hiatus, legend types, then you're spot on!

27 (?) staffers, yeah. Then throw in the builders...  8)

Sorry, Ran out of day, Halloween costume bash and all. Cutthroat not that I don't want to add more, just I think I am running out of room.

The print resolution is 300 when I aved it as a jpeg in photoshop. the print size is roughly 8 x 11, with the piece being 8 x 10.5 ish (tabs run longer, but the information on the tabs end at 10.5. its on my facebook page.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs008.snc3/11555_304115565047_570305047_9264379_5209512_n.jpg

Thank you for the suggestions, assistance and accolades. Its nice to work on things with others, and rewarding in itself when the effort is appreciated. Perhaps we will have more in our futures.  ;D 

Facebook always resizes images it uploads.

If you could tinypic it, we could snag it and then we can upload it to the ArmageddonMUD website in full form.

Ps, KISSES IN THE MAIL.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one