Armageddon Poster Advertisement

Started by mansa, August 18, 2009, 07:13:17 PM

Hi,

I can't find the old poster, so I'd like to get a new one.

I am going to put it up in the Computer Science room at my university, at the bookstore, and at various comic book shops in my city.

However, I'm terrible with art.  Can someone please make me one?

I'll pay you five bucks canadian, and mail you kisses.

Thanks!

Ps if many people make armageddon adverts, I'll have to pick the best one, because I'm broke!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

How many kisses?
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Its a surprise!

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

What's the file format desired?

How large?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

And are the kisses only usable by us alone? Or can we later sublease them to another user?

And I think the idea is great man! I would love to write up some posters like that and throw them up in my local area, if only my local area had people who understood english living in it  :-\
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I'd like to print them out on 8 x 11

AND

Be able to print two of them on 8 x 11 and cut them in two, like postcards.

Maybe even little business cards.  Its really up to the creative people of our community.

Maybe you all can collaborate on a new catch slogan blurb.

I vote for Ourla's "Spice, Lies, and Skeet Meat Pies." line.

Snicker.  I'm bad at this.

I probably picked the worst spot ever to stick that githclit.   ::)
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Some reason I hate the guy in the drawing. Die emo bastard.

ourla i love your art sooo much! 

i dont know wtf the text should say, but i'm no writer sooo there ya go.  i need to tidy all the edges and everything up.

Biscuits ... you win. That's incredible. I'd like to have that image (with some meaningful text) placed as the icon for the mud on the two mudsites we frequently vote for.

Posters? I'm in Turkey, in a place where speaking English is viewed as a great gift. But heh, my office in campus is very close to English Language and Literature Department. Maybe I can set a very simple one in our campus..

But anyone can tell me whom Defunct is, so I can use 'this'? He/she doesn't seem to be a member of the GDB, even though the background is his/her original submission.

Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

Quote from: evil_erdlu on August 19, 2009, 06:24:11 AM
But anyone can tell me whom Defunct is, so I can use 'this'? He/she doesn't seem to be a member of the GDB, even though the background is his/her original submission.

Biscuits drew that.

Also, Biscuits: so flattered!  That looks amazing.

Quote from: evil_erdlu on August 19, 2009, 06:24:11 AM

I has that as my destop background. Found it when I was looking through threads and submissions before I made my first pc.

Biscuits, I wuvs ya shit. that is all.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Should a poster just have a cool picture and the URL?  Or should it say "really awesome MUD" too?

August 19, 2009, 02:13:07 PM #16 Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:21:00 PM by Kol
I dunno....I'm thinking about littering my city streets with this, I know a few Real Life RP'ers (something I can -never- get into) and they might be intrested in this game......

Might steal a picture from the Submissions bit and have a fiddle.

Edited to add: Just found a poster in the Submissions section. Page 10 Artwork. still gona have that fiddle though.
A staff member sends:

Just an idea for a slogan though.

Muder, sex, betrayal, sand and heat. Only you can garuntee your survival, when your next drink could be your last, and your next step could be fatal. Can your survive Zalanthas?

and underneath the url, a nice, friendly slogan of: Remember, hold on to your boots. Armageddon is a RP intensive enviroment yadda yadda.

now I need to find some program that'll let me edit a picture or two
A staff member sends:

Well, there are a lot of people out there that don't know what MUDs are.  Some of them may have a preconceived notion about MUDs, or have only tried a couple of hack'n'slash in their time.  Depending on where you are leaving these, you may want to try to capture certain groups that might be looking for a high-quality RP experience:

> WoW players, especially those that play on RP servers.

"Not finding the type of RP experience you want on WoW RP servers?  Come try a -real- RP experience at Armageddon MUD.

> People that might be looking for, or have been in, D&D or gaming groups.

"Wish you could find good RP at any hour of the day?  Become a part of the Armageddon MUD.

> People that are already used to, or prefer, a textual environment (i.e. avid readers, fantasy fans)

"Wish you could play a part in a living novel?  Take your best stab at Armageddon MUD."

> Poor gamers that are looking for free/low cost ways to have fun.

"Armageddon MUD -- the best RP environment you'll never pay for."

> People frustrated by gaming groups or RPG's that don't provide them with a mature/serious RP environment.

"In-Character all the time?  So are we, at Armageddon MUD."

> Challenges to people's ability to RP.

"Think you can role-play?  Prove it -- at Armageddon MUD."

> Challenges to people's choice of RP environment.

"Trying to find good RP on WoW is like trying to ice skate uphill.  Try a -real- RP game with Armageddon MUD."

Just a few examples, and certainly nothing more than 5-minute attempts to demonstrate what I mean. ;)

-LoD

I dig, I dig.  I think just something that provides a little more light on what it actually -is- helps.  I see countless URLs in a day, but if I was a person interested in MUDs/RPIs and I actually saw a poster-advert for one?  That would grab my attention, and I might write it down.

LoD: Grand champion of Armageddon, hater of World of Wierdos.

A two minute search for the picture, and Photoshop.com for the editing and text.

just a quick stab.
A staff member sends:

oooo

www.armageddon.org/original/artwork/170.jpg

::)

See? Mention it, and somone -will- link it eventualy. All hail the irriputable laws of the GDB, and thank god for laziness.!
A staff member sends:

Quote from: mansa on August 19, 2009, 03:31:25 PM
oooo

www.armageddon.org/original/artwork/170.jpg

It's pretty, but I'm personally against any post that specifically draws attention to copyrighted material that the game seems to be attempting to move away from.  So in other words, that poster is neat, but I'd change gith with any other number of possible ways to die.  Also I think it is a little misleading to use material that would make someone think darksun, we're really not.

I actually have a friend that refuses to check the game out because he dislikes Dark Sun so much. :\
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?