Download Infobar 3.2 \ Graphical Status Bar for MUSHclient

Started by Agent_137, April 09, 2009, 02:51:29 PM

Man, this would be real cool if it was for CMUD... wink wink knudge knudge.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

i'm getting this error and my infor mar looks nothing like what you've posted.. heh

"There was a problem in script file "C:\Program Files\MUSHclient\scripts\acrapyscript.lua":

The trigger subroutine named "infobar" could not be found."
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

sorry for the delay in seeing this, i don't check forums much. easy to find me on email or aim though.

anyway, were you using my old infobar and then tried to update to the new one?

if you leave the old trigger lying around it would cause that error. You'll want to find and delete the old trigger  It probably looks like ^.*?Mood:(.+)! (\d+)....

let me know how it goes.

That fixed it, thanks much!
I'm liking it so far!
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

I made health green, stun red, and stamina blue.  I also added in mood. I love it but things are a little crowded. Is there a way to have the variables on two lines?

I have this:

"Riding: none Health:xx/xx Stun:xx/xx Stamxx/xx walking, standing, unarmed**You are feeling lucky and it's dawn"

I would like this:

"Riding: none Health:xx/xx Stun:xx/xx Stamina:xx/xx
walking, standing, and unarmed ** You are feeling lucky and it's dawn"

i don't think you can change the size of the infobar, i haven't found a way. So the only way to get it on two lines would be to cut the size in half, which would be pretty unreadable so I doubt you are interested in that solution.

one of these days i thought about moving out of the infobar completely and use the drawing function to write out a graphical information suite for your character. But that's probably going to be years from now.

since you changed the colors why don't you save some space by removing the labels? i.e. stop wasting space with "Health:" because you know the first 2 numbers are your health due to their position and color.

That's weird that they don't have a way to have two lines built in.  Your right, I probably don't need those labels.  Thanks for how to guide I will be making good use of this :).

This info bar is really neat, and I've gotta give MAJOR kudos to Agent for helping me get it set up. He's a mushclient god, plain and simple.

Thanks Agent!
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

This is truly awesome.

Makes cleaning up logs easier, makes keeping up with what's going on easier, makes things much more neat all around.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FuSoYa on November 25, 2009, 03:41:14 PM
Man, this would be real cool if it was for CMUD... wink wink knudge knudge.

Brandon
brandon....

hey, B.

You could... you know.... DOWNLOAD MUCHCLIENT!!!!!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on January 29, 2010, 04:41:33 PM
hey, B.

I'm both loyal and faith to Zugg and his clients.  I've been using them for 13+ years and do not plan to stop anytime soon.

MUSHclient is cool though.

Brandon
brandon....

Quote from: FuSoYa on January 29, 2010, 04:59:22 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on January 29, 2010, 04:41:33 PM
hey, B.

I'm both loyal and faith to Zugg and his clients.  I've been using them for 13+ years and do not plan to stop anytime soon.

Brandon

Agreed. I'm using CMUD these days - though I have problems with pattern matching for some reason.

I'm both loyal and faith to Zugg and his clients.  I've been using them for 13+ years and do not plan to stop anytime soon.

Brandon

Why would Agent want to develop something that is for a closed source client that another person profits off of?

He's provided this service as a favor to the Arm community for a Free, open source client.

If you want it for CMud, ask the creator of CMud to do it.

Quote from: Durant on January 29, 2010, 07:02:34 PM
I'm both loyal and faith to Zugg and his clients.  I've been using them for 13+ years and do not plan to stop anytime soon.

Brandon

Why would Agent want to develop something that is for a closed source client that another person profits off of?

He's provided this service as a favor to the Arm community for a Free, open source client.

If you want it for CMud, ask the creator of CMud to do it.

He wouldn't Durant, he's made that clear.

I just happen to know Agent from other games I've played with him in the past and enjoy throwing that comment out at him occasionally as a kind of joke.  The kind of joke that doesn't make anyone laugh.

As for asking the creator of CMUD to do it.  Unlikely.  If I was really keen on getting it done I'd post it on the zuggsoft message boards and hope someone there helps me out, which most likely would happen as I've done it several times in the past and there are some CMUD wizards on there.

Brandon
brandon....

It's not like Zugg would profit from a set of triggers for a game that only a few people play.  LOL.  Asking the creator of the game to something that is essentially "rather simple" (in that it isn't part of the compiled code or really a plug-in by necessity) would be improper.

What we need is someone to take some time and through a few commands together.  I would do it but I find Cmud markedly different than Zmud in this area and am having troubles with my triggers.  One of these days....

I'm sorta-kinda working on something for cMUD, and BuNutzCola seemed to be working on something for zMUD before as he posted on the forum. Here is what I have thus far:

Features:
- Shows HP in a red gauge, stun in an orange gauge, stamina in a green gauge and mana in a blue gauge
- Shows numerical values as well as a graphical representation of points remaining
- Shows time, accent, language, armed status, speed, position and mood
- Shows a timer showing how long you have been on if you want to get rid of the default status bar to make room for this
- Gags the text prompt, so that everything is neatly displayed at the bottom
- Customizable - you can disable the mana gauge, for example, if you don't want to see it on your mundane PC, and you can change the order of the other pieces

It is pretty light at the moment, and I might add more stuff, but when I'm ready to release something I will. :) Spending the last bits of time off from school to learn some zScript, yay.

Agent's infobar works wonderfully though, and it kind of inspired me to work on this.  ;D I'll make a new thread for it when I'm happy with it.

Edit: Oh and the code for cMUD and zMUD are roughly similar, so it's possible this will be backwards-compatible.

I use Gmud. :'(
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on January 30, 2010, 02:28:27 PM

heh. why? mushclient has been free for 3-4 years now.

and yea, Durant, you said pretty much exactly what I said to Fusoya about 6 months back.

also, Fusoya, how can you be loyal to a guy who puts out quality software, charges righteously for it, then stops developing it, makes new software that does the same thing, and then sells both for the same price, even though zmud is dead development-wise. Did legacy owners of zmud even get cmud free of charge?

Quote from: Agent_137 on February 01, 2010, 10:01:24 AM
Did legacy owners of zmud even get cmud free of charge?

Discount.

No real worries on my end.  I enjoy and use his product and have for years and have no desire to switch though I have dabbled in a few other clients when I needed to.

Brandon
brandon....

Quote from: FuSoYa on February 01, 2010, 10:10:50 AM
Did legacy owners of zmud even get cmud free of charge?

Discount.

No real worries on my end.  I enjoy and use his product and have for years and have no desire to switch though I have dabbled in a few other clients when I needed to.

Brandon

Agreed.  I tried Mushclient and really wanted to use it but spellcheck and the screen display were so difficult to do right.  The last I knew Muschlient didn't support autospell checking and this is a must for me.  =)  Frankly, I don't know how I used to play using just TinTin++, but my vocab must have been tiny!

Edit to add:
Just downloaded most current version and it does indeed have spellcheck - but pop open a window instead of underlining words. I wonder if that can be changed.

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on January 30, 2010, 02:28:27 PM
heh. why? mushclient has been free for 3-4 years now.

I'll use mushclient if you set it up for me, all purty like. Deal?

Hah.. Just never really been motivated to get any other client.  Gmud always had what I needed, really.
Though all these fancy infobars, and shit you all talk about..
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

@dustmight it could be configured to check everytime you hit enter but that might get annoying. maybe with heavy modifications it could check every word and then pop up if there is an error however that might be annoying too. If your underlining errors feature is critical and you paid for cmud already might as well stick with it. (see mushclient script functions SpellCheck and SpellCheckCommand if you're feeling fiesty)

@blackmagic0 email for help, i can send a sanitized world file.

Just a quick note to people using Vista (like me...Vista makes baby jesus cry) Downloading the script was a pain in the rear...it kept downloading it as .htm instead of .lua and I finally had to have Agent just email it to me. Vista users be wary  :P!
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."