Download Infobar 3.2 \ Graphical Status Bar for MUSHclient

Started by Agent_137, April 09, 2009, 02:51:29 PM

I've tried mush client - wondering why ya'll use it when cmud has a built in spell checker and (apparently) easier to use triggers?

Just curious - certainly not evangelizing - I know a lot of MUSH players like it for some reason or another.  Just not sure why.

Yeah, Agent - my idea is to have a default color scheme with named custom color presets, and then let the user customize to their hearts content.

I'm targeting brand-newbies who aren't really familiar with fucking around with MUD clients but want color. Having mushclient bundled into a zipped folder with a pre-loaded trigger and script file so that all the newbie has to do is unzip it wherever they want onto their computer and start playing.

Quote from: DustMight on November 18, 2013, 03:57:28 PM
I've tried mush client - wondering why ya'll use it when cmud has a built in spell checker and (apparently) easier to use triggers?

Just curious - certainly not evangelizing - I know a lot of MUSH players like it for some reason or another.  Just not sure why.

because CMUD isn't free!

it's not free in terms of 'free beer', nor is it free in terms of 'free speech'.

i'm happy to work for free as in speech, but I'm not going to work for free as in beer.

p.s.
MUSHclient also has a built in spellchecker. it just doesn't have the squiggly red line thing. the biggest feature Cmud has that MUSH doesn't is a really good graphical mapper.

Quote from: Delirium on November 18, 2013, 04:04:41 PM
Yeah, Agent - my idea is to have a default color scheme with named custom color presets, and then let the user customize to their hearts content.

I'm targeting brand-newbies who aren't really familiar with fucking around with MUD clients but want color. Having mushclient bundled into a zipped folder with a pre-loaded trigger and script file so that all the newbie has to do is unzip it wherever they want onto their computer and start playing.

yeah sounds good. we should chat in PM or a different thread.  I've figured out a few ways to optimize what you're trying to achieve by leveraging the plugins architecture.

omg I just.... found this. Do you know how long I either ran this shit off of

Wintin-95-, or like presently the G-damn telnet portal from the site?

Thank you, O ginka fortunes!

Quote from: adriannetwork on March 29, 2015, 01:48:46 PM
2 things.

1: Bump.
2: I don't like seeing my "ride" down there, and would instead like to see MOOD.

How do I do this? In "Copy and paste" language please.

go into the XML file, find this:

--Riding Status
InfoColour ("black")
Info ("Riding: ",CurrentRiding," ")

Change each instance of Riding to Mood. Including CurrentRiding to CurrentMood.

Feel free to experiment.  The "Info" command takes multiple arguments that are all mashed together. CurrentRiding/CurrentMood holds the text captured from the MUD.

So you could also replace
with this
Info (CurrentMood," ")
to save some space.

You can add other variables that are already being captured and are easy to add like Mood. I have comments in the file on how to add more.

@Aruven lol, glad you like it.

Quote from: Aruven on March 29, 2015, 05:09:51 PM
Wintin-95-, or like presently the G-damn telnet portal from the site?

Hey, I still play with just TinTin++. I used to use MUSHClient back when I played IronRealms because you actually had scripted combat systems for those games, so I had to have access to something with a little more kick (even though perfectly possible with TT, just annoying).

#split
#substitute

Done.

Quote from: adriannetwork on March 30, 2015, 04:16:58 PM
Quote from: Agent_137 on March 30, 2015, 01:08:32 PM
go into the XML file, find this:

--Riding Status
InfoColour ("black")

Change each instance of Riding to Mood. Including CurrentRiding to CurrentMood.

Feel free to experiment.  The "Info" command takes multiple arguments that are all mashed together. CurrentRiding/CurrentMood holds the text captured from the MUD.

So you could also replace
with this
Info (CurrentMood," ")
to save some space.

This is so confusing, I did what you said. I replaced Riding with Mood and CurrentRiding with CurrentMood

Prompt now says "none. Health: 999/999 etc... I"  re installed original thinking I messed it up.

Make sure you have current mood in your prompt or else it won't work and you can probably take out the riding status from the prompt.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: adriannetwork on March 30, 2015, 04:16:58 PM

This is so confusing, I did what you said. I replaced Riding with Mood and CurrentRiding with CurrentMood

Prompt now says "none. Health: 999/999 etc... I"  re installed original thinking I messed it up.

what slvrmoontiger said. Sounds like you did it correctly, but your mood was not set to anything.

Can you confirm?

I know this is the MUSHclient thread but can someone help me with an infobar for CMUD?

I somehow can't get past step one. I can't save it as an XML... what am I doing wrong here?
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

you should be able to right click on the link, select Save As, and the file type should already say "XML Document" and everything should work fine.

Your mileage may vary though, depending on what OS and Browser you have. I know folks on Windows Vista have had a problem in years past...

If that still doesn't work, here's a zip file of the current version:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6237857/Arma_Infobar.zip

You'll need to unzip it into the  MUSHclient/Worlds/Plugins directory, then proceed w/ step 2.

it says I don't have permission, something about contacting an administrator (with both options). Not sure if this is my laptop's thingy or if it's something else. I have Windows 10.

Oh. It's probably because you installed MUSHclient into C:\Program Files (x86) and yeah, usually you can't download directly into that directory.

Did you try downloading into "My Documents" or "Downloads" and then moving it into the plugins folder?

Quote from: Kassindra on October 06, 2015, 08:38:14 AM
I know this is the MUSHclient thread but can someone help me with an infobar for CMUD?

This thread on the zuggsoft forums might give you a starting point.  Hopefully someone who knows cMUD can chime in. :)
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Quote from: Agent_137 on October 06, 2015, 04:05:40 PM
Oh. It's probably because you installed MUSHclient into C:\Program Files (x86) and yeah, usually you can't download directly into that directory.

Did you try downloading into "My Documents" or "Downloads" and then moving it into the plugins folder?
Tried that, won't move :(

Agent 137 it seems we Will have changes regarding psionics. Think you could adjust the script accordingly?

Quote from: Iiyola on September 24, 2021, 01:41:40 PM
Agent 137 it seems we Will have changes regarding psionics. Think you could adjust the script accordingly?

Fixed! Remove the plugin and re-install per the instructions in the first post.

Quote from: oggotale on October 06, 2021, 12:52:16 AM
What does it look like though :P

I don't have a character any more and the old image link died. The infobar just shows up below where you type with words in it.

Hopefully some current users can host screenshots, or PM me and I can host them and put back in the 1st post.

Stats greyed out. I've started messing around with my copy to update the colors and format. If I do I'll share it here.

Its amazing and I never want anything else in my life anymore :D

Quote from: Delirium on October 06, 2021, 02:16:29 PM

Stats greyed out. I've started messing around with my copy to update the colors and format. If I do I'll share it here.

thanks for posting! added to the first post.

Quote from: Iiyola on October 06, 2021, 03:17:28 PM
Its amazing and I never want anything else in my life anymore :D

adding your quote to the list on the original post <3

Still as badass today as it was when I started using it in 2013 as a new player. I adored it as a player and I find its even surprisingly helpful when plugged in on my staffside avatar. Three cheers, Agent.
You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy. - Nightbirde