Have a role that needs filling?

Started by aruna, April 06, 2009, 02:54:56 PM

April 06, 2009, 02:54:56 PM Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 08:47:05 PM by aruna
Have a vnpc sibling/parent/child you've always wanted to breathe some life into? Is your NPC scribe/servant/guard just not doing it for you anymore? I'm an experienced player looking for a role without a lot of strings. Specifications:

- I can usually keep a character alive for a very long time, as long as I'm interested and the role is not Ultra Dangerous.
- My playtimes will be sporadic. 1-2 hours, a few days a week.  Usually CST evenings.
- I am open to special applications.
- Human females preferred, but I am relatively open-minded.
- Mundanes preferred, but if you're really really convincing, I'll ask for my karma back. :P
- I'd prefer something city-based for now.

Please PM/email me with ideas!

Quote from: aruna on April 06, 2009, 02:54:56 PM
Have a vnpc sibling/parent/child you've always wanted to breathe some life into? Is your NPC scribe/servant/guard just not doing it for you anymore? I'm an experienced player looking for a role without a lot of strings. Specifications:

- I can usually keep a character alive for a very long time, as long as I'm interested.
- My playtimes will be sporadic. 1-2 hours, a few days a week.  Usually CST evenings. Mostly afternoons, some evenings.
- I am open to special applications.
- Human females preferred, but I am relatively open-minded.
- Mundanes preferred, but if you're really really convincing, I'll ask for my karma back. :P

Please PM/email me with ideas!

I'm not really playing right now, but if the right person made the right offer I'd consider rolling something up again as well.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Rolls that need filling?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on April 06, 2009, 05:14:06 PM
Rolls that need filling?

:D

(Post edited in response to a couple of PMs)

Unfortunately I don't have anything to offer, though I'd jump at the opportunity to recruit you if I did.

Just wanted to say that it's awesome to see you back!
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

If you don't have a lot of hours to play, you may want to consider a tribal human role.  You feel like a part of a family, while being able to log out for 2 weeks without disturbing other people's roleplay.

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,34285.0.html
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Yeah, I read this as "Have a hole that needs filling?"

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 07, 2009, 07:48:58 AM
Yeah, I read this as "Have a hole that needs filling?"

Hole that needs filling.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Fathi on April 06, 2009, 09:30:42 PM
Unfortunately I don't have anything to offer, though I'd jump at the opportunity to recruit you if I did.

Just wanted to say that it's awesome to see you back!

Thanks, lady. I never really got very far.  :D

Going to hijack this thread. If you have a role that needs filling, shoot me a PM. Everything but elves and magickers.

I'm an EDT peek player.

deleted
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Tribal roles need a some I believe.

Try out Al'Seik or Jul Tavan, or Arabet.

...and Tan Muark and SLK and Sun Runners and Akei'Ta Var and Red Fangs.

:P

Tan Muark only approve when there is a spot open.
:(

Also, that's what she said.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Sorry. I didn't read carefully.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Hijacking this thread too, 'cause I just gradumacated and FINALLY have some free time again. Tempt me back into Armageddon with a juicy role!

- Available 3-4 nights a week, 11pm-1am EST
- Open to any race or class, city or wilderness-based
- I'm an oldie player who knows how to keep a character alive
- That said, I wouldn't mind playing a loose and dangerous, short-lived role

Shoot me a PM if you've got something that fits.

Congrats on graduation. You should take more photos now. ;)
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I has a role. Thanks, everyone who made offers.

Quote from: Fathi on May 28, 2009, 01:12:22 AM
You should take more photos now.

This is a good idea.

Awwwww, I had a cool role...I gotta look at these damned boards more.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

If anyone still is looking for a role. Tribal's as in Arabet, Al'Seik and whatnot would need some interesting, new players.
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

Hello all, I decided I wanted to throw it to the wind and see if anyone has an interesting role for me to fill.  If anyone has a character idea, send PM's.  I've played a lot of combat PC's, so pretty much anything that doesn't involve sparring all the time is interesting to me right now.

I play preferably male characters, but am not limited by any race/guild categories, nor do I have any particular preference for mundane vs. non-mundane roles.
City or wilderness
Combat/non-combat/magicker: It doesn't matter
Eastern Time Zone: varied hours 2pm-5am
I can keep a character alive.  Almost all deaths over the past 5 years have been PC related or storage.

June 03, 2009, 03:31:53 AM #23 Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 07:43:37 AM by Is Friday
Hey dudes, I'm looking for something right now. I'd like to play somewhere different than I have been, but I can't really tell you where I've been playing because that breaks rules of some kind.

Also: You have to entice my interest within the next 6-7 hours likely, because I'd like to submit by tomorrow afternoon'ish.

So ready-set-go!

male/female any age mundane any location mutants welcome combat/non-combat 1800-2100 pst random on weekends!!!

resume:
Quote from: account notesWalks around Tuluk naked or half naked often

edit: Actually I've got a much better idea. I'll post that instead. :)
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.