Citizens of UnderTuluk

Started by FuSoYa, March 08, 2009, 10:47:47 PM

Ok! Some of you might know me, many others most likely don't.  I've been digging my heels back into the MUD recently though my RL plate is full of shit and I'm trying something out that is both exciting and badass. 

All I need for this formula is.... YOU!!

Let's just say UT has seen ALOT of love recently from the staff and I think it's time we got it set up, a few groups organized and breathed some life into one of the seemingly cooler parts of Zalanthas.  I'll be the first to admit I'm a light-weight and am playing my first character there but I'd love to have some others to get in to trouble with and learn the ropes of this location.

Anyone down?

As you consider your character definitely check out...

Anyway, I look forward to seeing some action down in this part of the game world.

Brandon

P.S. If there are any helpers who are experienced with UT and wouldn't mind dropping me a line through my email address, I'd REALLY appreciate it.
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

As a long time fan of UnderTuluk, I endorse this post.  If you're tired of the Labyrinth and enjoy playing sneaky character types, jump on this.  There are quite a lot of things to do down in those tunnels!

Having played extensively in UnderTuluk up until very recently, I would heartily endorse the setting! The builders did a great job of making it a very atmospheric place, and it can feasibly accommodate many different types of characters. When last I was down there (not long ago), I was thrilled to notice the quality of some of the new RPers coming in. It was also great to see the area being used again, no doubt in thanks to staff's revisions.

Not to butt heads with Ammut, but playing in UT if you're NOT playing a sneaky-type PC is completely okay, too. The people who are down there are in the tunnels for wide and varied reasons--don't think that UT isn't the place for you just because you don't feel like being a criminal.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on March 09, 2009, 12:31:51 AM
Not to butt heads with Ammut, but playing in UT if you're NOT playing a sneaky-type PC is completely okay, too. The people who are down there are in the tunnels for wide and varied reasons--don't think that UT isn't the place for you just because you don't feel like being a criminal.

I agree completely and didn't mean to limit the types of characters that could fit in there within my previous post.  I've seen numerous merchants down there as well as thug types... even magickers.

I'd suggest a really great role for UT, but I'd honestly just take it myself if I ever die. Besides, its been tried before and failed.

(shake) Anyway, go play in UT. The atmosphere down there is amazing. So many tunnels... so many tunnels.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Any more UT docs out there?
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

March 09, 2009, 01:25:54 AM #7 Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 01:27:53 AM by elvenchipmunk
Under Tuluk is great. I've recently seen more players than usual down there, which is really fantastic. The more that are down there, the more gangs there can be, and the more fights there will be ;D

Bring a torch or two.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

So, after several days in this environment I have to say I'm in love...

Already seen several PCs and gotten into what could turn out to be some serious fun. 

Why don't you come down and play with us?  Stay alive and let's cause some trouble/history?

Brandon

EDIT:  Come on WP.  Get down here.
brandon....

Seriously. If you don't have 3+ torches you're pretty screwed.

Oh... something I forgot to mention but love...

PCs actually remove their hoods!!

Thought it was worth posting.

Brandon
brandon....

Man this does sound really fun, I've always like UT and can't wait till I get the chance to come and play down there again.
staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later

What about GMTers?

Would we be too off-peak ?

I'd love to try UT but like Jengal, worry a bit about the offpeak population. We need some sort of offpeak rallying. More offpeak leaders and RPT's FTW.

Thx.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Not sure about the conversion but it's normally got folk when I'm around which is 9-11pm CST.

Brandon

P.S.  If indeed I am playing in UT....  :-X
brandon....

Yeah, thats 2am to 4am GMT time...I wouldn't really call that offpeak.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

March 26, 2009, 08:37:25 PM #16 Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:49:01 PM by number13
Much like the Rinth, if you structure your character right, you can UT as a base for activities in Tuluk. And there's a few solo activities in the tunnels themselves.

So, if Tuluk's off-peak is strong (and it was decently so a month ago) then UT's off-peak should be just fine as well. I'd suggest a character that has a reason to explore the tunnels themselves, can interact with Tuluk proper, and has reasons to go out into the scrub.  An adventuring sort, in other words, rather than a tavern sitter or plotter.

EDIT: People with a case of nostalgia for the Rinth will be pleasantly surprised by UT. I was, very much so, and that was before the recent changes.

Go Undertuluk!
"The perfect police state has no police." - William S. Burroughs

People with nostalgia for 'Rinth should make characters in 'Rinth.

:(

New Focus:

Dig a tunnel that connects UT to the 'Rinth.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on March 27, 2009, 06:09:59 PM
New Focus:

Dig a tunnel that connects UT to the 'Rinth.

Isn't walking the North road in a sandstorm about the same thing?  ;)

On topic though, it's nice to see people in UT. Making it a starting location was a really nice change.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on March 27, 2009, 05:20:59 PM
:(

:P

It's difficult to play a character who rolls in the Rinth and stays there, never walking out southside.  It's easier to do so in UT, doubtlessly easier after the changes.  And there are certain other aspects (that I'll leave others to discover ICly) that solve a certain problem I have with the Rinth.

Immediate Action Required!

A serious boot shortage is afflicting the denizens of Tuluk's UnderCity. Lepers, mutants, and creepy things That Have No Name are going without foot apparel. Orphans shuffle about, despondent and sniffling, afraid that they'll never have a pair of cracked-leather boots to call their own.

But YOU can help. For the low price of rolling a character in UnderTuluk, you'll most likely donate one pair of sandals to a tunnel-lurker in need.

It's a challenging environment, with unusual obstacles to survival; different from the Rinth in many important ways.

Expect some solo-roleplay mixed with the occasional spot of harrowing danger, a large-ish environment to explore with plenty of secrets, a sparse but long-lived cast of unusual PCs to accidentally bump into, the occasional newbie to steal boots from, and all the invading topsiders you care to eat.

UT works as a base of operations for a shady Tuluki, a home for poverty-stricken grebbers/certain kinds of crafters/smart hunters, or even filthy magickers who are capable of keeping their terrible secret mostly secret.

Quote from: WarriorPoet on March 09, 2009, 01:17:05 AM
Any more UT docs out there?

Hmmm.  Good idea.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Bump.

Play in Undertuluk.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

AlrightI, 'll give it a try eventually. But it feels like I'm cheating on the rinth, my diseased mistress.

Quote from: spicemustflow on July 02, 2009, 11:31:32 PM
AlrightI, 'll give it a try eventually. But it feels like I'm cheating on the rinth, my diseased mistress.

Play there, and you might realize a lot of the problems with the 'rinth are non-existent, or at least suppressed, in UT.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

The only problem with rinth that really bothers me is isolation. What else do you mean?

Quote from: spicemustflow on July 03, 2009, 04:18:03 AM
The only problem with rinth that really bothers me is isolation. What else do you mean?

Isolation is still a problem in UT, and there's no clan to join aside.  Like the Rinth (and everywhere else), it's more fun when there's a population of players.

UT makes a bit more sense than than the Rinth, in terms of people actually living and working there. There's a couple other factors as well that would probably be too IC to discuss.

If you're out of a character and looking to try something new, give UnderTuluk a go. There's a lot going on and the environment's ripe for a different kind of roleplay experience. Read up on the "what people should know" doc and hop right in as your very own oddball!

*sniff* I was a fan of UT before it was all glitz'd and glamoured. People shout Team Tuluk on that side, and Team Allanak on the other, but I'm a majority of one when it comes to UnderTuluk!

Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

I've died in UT, have you?  ;)
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

I kill people in UT.  Do I count?
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

I want to die in Undertuluk, but sadly my next three characters will not be there.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Myrdryn on August 03, 2009, 02:38:00 PM
I kill people in UT.  Do I count?

Not unless you eat thier brainz. Not unless you eat thier brainz.
A staff member sends:

Odd urge: Special app a mutated humanoid with purplish skin and four tentacles coming from a lipless mouth. Give him offensive psionic capabilities and unlimited Way usage, but no spoken language. Call him an Illithid Mind Flayer average UnderTulukian.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Having a ton of fun in UT on my first character! People should definitely come down  here.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on August 03, 2009, 02:42:01 PM
I want to die in Undertuluk, but sadly my next three characters will not be there.

You don't have to be from there to die there.

Quote from: Blackisback on August 04, 2009, 10:50:08 AM
Having a ton of fun in UT on my first character! People should definitely come down  here.

Welcome to Armageddon!

Remember, In Zalanthas, theres always someone bigger than you.
unless yer score Tek or Utep as yer sugar daddy, then your THE big dawg.
A staff member sends:

I had this cocky post written-out where I'd describe myself and ask you all to convince me to play my next character in UnderTuluk, but then I sat down and really read the docs and a character just sprung to mind.

http://www.armageddon.org/intro/underTuluk.html

It might change your (next) life.

U-G-L-Y, I ain't got no alibi.....so I just play UT....:D
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

UT sounds like a lot of fun. I think I'm too set in my 'Nak-->'Rinth-->'Nak cycle. I try to imagine what having a northern accent for the default would feel like... *shudder*. I don't imagine it for long.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: number13 on August 04, 2009, 01:01:55 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on August 03, 2009, 02:42:01 PM

You don't have to be from there to die there.
Indeed.  :-\

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Play.

There.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

You get raped a lot. It's fantastic.
Quote from: Tarx on April 13, 2008, 11:43:02 PM
The longer a PC lives, the more likely they will die to something stupid.

-ginka's law

i think my next pc will be a UT.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: deconstruct99 on October 13, 2009, 06:14:00 AM
You get raped a lot. It's fantastic.
Quote from: Fredd on October 13, 2009, 11:40:34 AM
i think my next pc will be a UT.
I've just learned something disturbing about Fredd

Remember kids, there's much fun where there is no sun!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on December 04, 2009, 01:22:45 AM
Remember kids, there's much fun where there is no sun!
In my pants.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.