Hi!

Started by Toofie, February 03, 2009, 02:12:54 PM

I'm new to Armageddon(Crackageddon)! I just wanted to introduce myself and say I can't wait to play with all of you.
Musashi: You're not witty Toofie.

what's up!

you might like to check out the "guide" in my signature.  I hear it's pretty helpful.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Hang on to your boots and enjoy the ride.

I look forward to murdering your character.

Cheers.

MOF, you're going to scare the excited n00b away!

Welcome. I swear MOF doesn't bite TOO hard.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Hi and welcome!
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Welcome to Armageddon!

Look at mansa's guide and also take a look at the helpers list if you have any trouble.

http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.php

Welcome, welcome!

Let me or one of the other helpers know if you need any help getting settled in.
http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.php
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

New boots for the collection.. I can't wait.

*frothes at the mouth*

Oh yea, welcome!
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Welcome to the fun, have fun!

Hopefully you're first death is slow and utterly painful....and your boots somehow manage to stay on.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

If you marr your boots before you get killed, you're more likely to me left in the middle of the road until you get so rotten that you're dragged towards some digusting smelling midden heap within the bowels of the city, with your boots.

Oh, and if you have any questions please contact a Helper, via the link above, or PM any smartass GDB poster with "Helper" above their avatar and under their name!
your mother is an elf.

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,34221.0.html

^ Has a good list of really active helpers, too.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

A few command tips that I wish I knew as a new player:
'exits' and 'get all'

Welcome. Enjoy yourself.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

Hey

the syntax is a huge learning curve. don't feel bad when you screw up we were all noobs once (I still very much am one)

When I first entered the world I kept talking to people through emote. ie emote walks over to the bar and says "whazzzzzuuuuuupp"

but that character swiftly died using the kill command instead of hit.

but after all that it is WAY worth it. Have fun hope to RP with you..... and your boots.
Quote from: AJM
Only noobs quote themselves.

Hello :)

Heh, if the game gets a bit dull, just stick around. Arm seems to have waves of fun and boredom. Fun characters seem to die a lot faster, but looks like there's more of them popping up in the game lately ;)
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Welcome to Armageddon.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

type 'remove boots' when you first log in.

Guaranteed to start interesting roleplay, and if you never put any on, you'll live for an IC year.
Quote from: Scarecrow on February 21, 2014, 04:45:46 PMIn Zalanthas, people don't dig graves with shovels, they dig them with their own tongues.

Quote from: Voular on February 04, 2009, 03:56:41 AM
A few command tips that I wish I knew as a new player:
'exits' and 'get all'

I'd add 'keyword' to the list as well.

Welcome.

The sinewy, long-limbed brunet sharpens his spear and checks his bag of boots.

Welcome to Armageddon!
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins