- carry

Started by solera, December 07, 2008, 12:17:28 AM

If you refer to holding an object rather than having it in your inventory, "es" the object. (short for equip secondary)

If, however, you mean what I think you do, and want it to say:
The such and such woman is here.
- she is carrying a large knapsack.

-- that is done automatically, and is used to show items that are bulky or exceptionally large, that anyone would notice your PC lugging around.

Is there a way to determine if your PC is giving off such a message to the world around them?
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on December 07, 2008, 12:37:00 AM
Is there a way to determine if your PC is giving off such a message to the world around them?

tell man Hey, can you tell what this bulge under my dustcloak is?

:P
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Ugh ... that's as clumsy as the previously mentioned: Hey can you look around ... wait five seconds then look around again. I'm gonna hide, then pat myself down to check my inventory ... and I wanna know if that makes too much rustling.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

When somebody has a large item in their inventory, it'll appear under their sdesc when seen in the room:

The tall, muscular man is standing here.
- a huge chunk of unworked obsidian
(or something similar)

Whether or not an item will show that way seems to depend on its weight relative to the carrier's strength, but the latter might be wrong.

As for the "He is carrying: nothing obvious" when looking at somebody, I think that has been broken since it was implemented, because I have never seen anything appear there even if the character was carrying something that showed up on 'look'.

If an object is too heavy to carry by yourself, you will attempt to drag it.

You have to have nothing in your hands to do so.  (Nothing in Primary or Secondary)

Someone else can help carry large objects, if they also type 'get <item>'.

The most popular uses for multiple people carrying items, is bodies, of course.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one