You know you are addicted to Arm when ...

Started by AJM, December 04, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

When you try to learn more about tantric sex so you can 'mudsex' for days.

Then immediately abandon the idea to go play arm.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

You start typing things like 'say' and 'psi' when talking to your non-Armageddon friends in AIM.

Some Chick: wtf does psi mean??
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on January 20, 2010, 06:00:32 PM
You start typing things like 'say' and 'psi' when talking to your non-Armageddon friends in AIM.

Some Chick: wtf does psi mean??
After long hours of arm I find myself doing that.

IM comes in: HEY what's up?

Say nothing.

DAMNIT!

I always let "talk" slip in.

Someone: What's up?
Me: Talk Not shit.
Somone: What do you want me to say???
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Weekly Update for week of January 4 to January 10, 2010

Login Times (excluding staff)
Average Login Time:   273.31 minutes
Maximum Login Time:   41764.08 minutes
Minimum Login Time:   0.02 minutes

41,764 minutes? Really? that is like 600 hours.
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

Quote from: Irulan on January 21, 2010, 10:08:12 AM
Weekly Update for week of January 4 to January 10, 2010

Login Times (excluding staff)
Average Login Time:   273.31 minutes
Maximum Login Time:   41764.08 minutes
Minimum Login Time:   0.02 minutes

41,764 minutes? Really? that is like 600 hours.

Actually.

That's

29.002777777777777777777777777778 days.

I think those numbers are wrong.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 21, 2010, 11:02:35 AM
Nope. That's Nyr.

Fear Nyr.

It says "excluding staff."

;)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Thread has been edited to remove all mention of the new and very secret "chrono elementalist" guild.

I went to post an idea for 2.arm, and did a search for similar ideas...and found that I had posted a very similar idea a year ago.

:-[
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I have started almost using the word "krath" as a RL curse.

It's starting ...
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on January 24, 2010, 07:50:58 PM
I have started almost using the word "krath" as a RL curse.

It's starting ...

I've been using 'feck' for well over a year now.  :-\
Grebber - One who grebs.

You know your addicted to Arm when.. You find yourself thinking about what you can do with your character in those little moments during the day between doing things >_>
A staff member sends:
     "You can quit ooc - or if you want I can kill <character name>, that'd definitely reset it."

You know you're addicted to ARM when you get angry at seeing OOC things happen on other games.

Example: Playing call of duty modern warfare 2 - everytime people use the kill-cam to find out where I am.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on January 26, 2010, 04:38:11 PM
You know you're addicted to ARM when you get angry at seeing OOC things happen on other games.

Example: Playing call of duty modern warfare 2 - everytime people use the kill-cam to find out where I am.

...And also, when you refuse to act "OOCly" because you automatically think it's twinky in aforementioned games.

Definitely guilty of both.

Easy solution = Play Hardcore
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

Quote from: HTX on January 26, 2010, 08:38:15 PM

...And also, when you refuse to act "OOCly" because you automatically think it's twinky in aforementioned games.

Because of Armageddon I stayed 'IC' when I played Morrowind and Neverwinter Nights.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on January 27, 2010, 09:02:32 AM

Because of Armageddon I stayed 'IC' when I played Morrowind and Neverwinter Nights.

Ugh, this has happened to me, too. I've called my friends twinks when we've played other games. Of course I had to explain to them what that meant.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

When I get bored at work, I wander over to the line and start debating differences between WoW and Arm with the line cooks there.

"Yeah, 90% of our assassins act like twits too."
"Well, we don't have paladins, we have Templar. Trust me, they're more scary."
"No one gives a shit about Damage Per Second, we're more focused on teh insta-gank."
"Restart the dungeon? Well, it's considered good form to wait at least a few months before we try that."
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: Zoltan on January 27, 2010, 11:08:30 AM

Ugh, this has happened to me, too. I've called my friends twinks when we've played other games. Of course I had to explain to them what that meant.

I can't help but stay IC with my Fallout 3 characters.  It's rediculous.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on January 27, 2010, 06:06:04 PM
Quote from: Zoltan on January 27, 2010, 11:08:30 AM

I can't help but stay IC with my Fallout 3 characters.  It's rediculous.

I do this with assassian's creed II ... including walking everywhere instead of running. Gah!
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Hahahahha. I'm glad this sin't an affliction of jus tthe masses.

Quote from: zeia on January 25, 2010, 08:44:52 AM
You know your addicted to Arm when.. You find yourself thinking about what you can do with your character in those little moments during the day between doing things >_>
Dammit! I know what you mean!
I'll be thinking: "Man... sure is peacful out here. Trees are swaying in the breeze, sun is shining, the dogs are running around just playing." -then- "Maybe I could get my strength increased if I emoted he hell out of excercising. Yeah... then I could change my main discription to -this- and my short discription to -that-."
Damn you, Armageddon!!!
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

QuoteQuote from: zeia on January 25, 2010, 07:44:52 AM

I'm going to take this a step further, because I just realized the other day (much to my resentment) that I'd spent 2 hours in the car listening to the radio and focusing my mind on nothing in particular when I should have used that time to draft a plan for my character to achieve goal X.

Soo...

You know you're addicted to armageddon when you feel like you've mismanaged your IRL time by NOT contemplating possible solutions to an IG problem when you had the time!
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org