Neat little things

Started by fourTwenty, November 16, 2008, 10:14:13 PM

<sit on bar>

Picked up today on the GDB then saw it used IG. Was very neat.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

Can you still not use emote symbols like ~ % ^ ! when you are leaving a room?

ex:

> s (waving to ~amos)
"The perfect police state has no police." - William S. Burroughs

Quote from: KIA on December 10, 2008, 11:15:59 PM
Can you still not use emote symbols like ~ % ^ ! when you are leaving a room?

ex:

> s (waving to ~amos)

No.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

There should be a sticky with RP syntax like this somewhere on the GDB. I know a lot of it is listed in the help files, but when I first started here, I skimmed past the symbols (~%ect) and RPed for a long time, using emotes without knowing how to use those, which is significantly more labor intensive.

I think it would help newbies.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Direction (and general) looking emotes.

l n (craning his neck, peering past the tarp)

or

look (briefly scanning the room)

standing vs sitting vs resting and the Way  ::)

My 1st PC fainted all the time  :-\
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Quote from: manonfire on December 11, 2008, 06:46:21 AM
Direction (and general) looking emotes.

l n (craning his neck, peering past the tarp)

or

look (briefly scanning the room)
Are you sure this echoes?

Definitely does, yep. So does emoting while looking at items, while looking in items, and even while doing 'look tables'. You can do pre- or post-emotes.

I think it would be cool if other things could make you faint besides overusing the way. Certain poisons, perhaps.

Here is my fancy thing. Sometimes there are things in a room's maindesc which can be looked at, especially in the case of newer locations. Murals and things like that.

Okay, that's not very fancy, so here's another fancy thing. When you're holding something or wearing it on your back, you can put it directly onto a table without getting it into your inventory first. Yes. Isn't that nice?

Finially, a quote from the helpfiles on the command "pour":
If your character is standing in a location which is already arable (capable of supporting plant life), pouring water (and water only) on the ground will assist in the development of more life in that area. This will have the effect of bettering your character's relationship with the Land, and improving the ability of people nearby to recuperate.

You can also pour liquids on light sources. Pouring it out on a lit flame can have varying effects.

Okay, one more thing. When you're climbing and you fail, typing up will give you extra saves, but, I think it taxes your stun extra.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Useful for steal or moving objects from one bag or another. If you need to move 'all' items from one pack into another, but there are too many you can instead use numerals for targetting.

get 1. pack    (note. There should be a space between 1. and the container's name. It will take out whatever's first inside the pack)
Unfortunately, the order gets messed up once the item gets to your inventory, so if you are going to go <put 1. 2.pack> Odds are, at some point you'll stash something equipped, instead of what's in your inventory.

Or even a more funner one.

steal 1. target's pack

Will let you steal the first thing that's inside their pack. Say if you failed peek for example, or dont really care, or dont have time, or you know 'exactly' what is the 'last' thing the target put in their pack.

Quote from: path on December 11, 2008, 10:00:30 AM
Okay, that's not very fancy, so here's another fancy thing. When you're holding something or wearing it on your back, you can put it directly onto a table without getting it into your inventory first. Yes. Isn't that nice?

Actually, anything you're wearing you don't have to put into your inv. You're wearing silt horror helm? Want to put it in a chest to quickly change into your silks?

put helm chest

[You remove a black-visage helm]
You put a black-visage helm into a simple wooden chest.

Or something along those lines. Useful for quick changes.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: Dar on December 11, 2008, 11:32:14 AM
Useful for steal or moving objects from one bag or another. If you need to move 'all' items from one pack into another, but there are too many you can instead use numerals for targetting.

get 1. pack    (note. There should be a space between 1. and the container's name. It will take out whatever's first inside the pack)
Unfortunately, the order gets messed up once the item gets to your inventory, so if you are going to go <put 1. 2.pack> Odds are, at some point you'll stash something equipped, instead of what's in your inventory.

Or even a more funner one.

steal 1. target's pack

Will let you steal the first thing that's inside their pack. Say if you failed peek for example, or dont really care, or dont have time, or you know 'exactly' what is the 'last' thing the target put in their pack.

I never knew this. In all my years! Has it always been like that?

December 11, 2008, 08:47:36 PM #37 Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 09:04:26 PM by dustbunny
Something that I figured out the other day...and by "figured out" I mean someone told me (and is in the help file).

If you don't haggle price in shops, you can get them in your size.

buy <item> <merchant> <race>

Ex:  buy thong Amos half-giant

Half-giant sized thong!

Edit: I'm silly and made it seem like a secret...It really is in the helpfile.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." - Albert Einstein

Quote from: dustbunny on December 11, 2008, 08:47:36 PM
Something that I figured out the other day...and by "figured out" I mean someone told me.

If you don't haggle price in shops, you can get them in your size.

buy <item> <merchant> <race>

Ex:  buy thong Amos half-giant

Half-giant sized thong!

This only works on items that the shopkeeper has in unlimited supply, and is in the buy helpfile.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

December 11, 2008, 08:59:07 PM #39 Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:31:19 PM by mansa
While playing Spice Run, at a spice run table.

>roll dice table
>look dice table
to see what the dice ROLLED on the table

Also,

>roll dice mat
>look dice mat
on spice run mats
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The "exits," command always works.  In low light, it doesn't give any specific information, just which directions you can move, and takes up one point of stamina each time you use it, but it can save your life, given the situation.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: path on December 11, 2008, 10:00:30 AM
I think it would be cool if other things could make you faint besides overusing the way. Certain poisons, perhaps.

Quote from: help poisons
Grishen:

This poison is typically made from a poisonous berry, which can then be slipped into the unsuspecting victim's food or drink. The effects of this commonly-used poison is that it breaks down the victim's stamina quickly, causing them to become very tired. In extreme cases comas have occurred.

Heramide:

Another of the rare and potent poisons, it shares a common bond with Grishen in that it causes tiredness. However, due to its potency, its victims typically will fall into a coma almost immediately after infliction. Like Peraine, what heramide is made from is not widely known.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Holy shit, I can't remember all this cool new stuff. I vote for a sticky.

Refresher Chart.

Symbol        Reference      Target Sees
   ------      ---------           -----------
   ~            (sdesc)           you
   %           (sdesc)'s          your
   !              him/her           you
   ^             his/her           your
   #             he/she           you
   &             himself/herself     yourself
   =             (sdesc)'s           yours
   +             his/hers           yours

I keep this open in notepad for when I'm high and can't remember all the fecking symbols.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

There's a sticker of that for sale in the Arm shop! It's pretty nifty. I want the bumper sticker that says: If you are seeing this, Armageddon MUD must be down".... Or something like that.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Salvage is a useful little command.  Some of the products can be used to make items without the need for a particular crafting skill.

Did you ever have trouble finding stones for a sling?
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

arrange <object> <ldesc>

This is a boon to any clan/tribe with a storage room.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

I use this for Armageddon--like notepad, but tabbed. Sooo useful. I keep about three or four files open--one with sdescs and names of people I've met, another with notes on what my character should be doing, maybe a third with a bio entry I'm working on. Anyway, its extremely useful and keeps you from having to have thirty notepad windows open.

Try it!
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: jcljules on December 14, 2008, 03:32:42 PM

I use this for Armageddon--like notepad, but tabbed. Sooo useful. I keep about three or four files open--one with sdescs and names of people I've met, another with notes on what my character should be doing, maybe a third with a bio entry I'm working on. Anyway, its extremely useful and keeps you from having to have thirty notepad windows open.

Try it!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/smultron/

Smultron is similarly indispensable for Mac users. Allows multiple text files to be opened and has some color coding that can sometimes be useful too. Like jcljules, I keep a few files open at a time.

Quote from: KIA on December 14, 2008, 04:17:37 PM
Quote from: jcljules on December 14, 2008, 03:32:42 PM

Try it!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/smultron/

Smultron is similarly indispensable for Mac users. Allows multiple text files to be opened and has some color coding that can sometimes be useful too. Like jcljules, I keep a few files open at a time.

Wow! I use an old, beat-up MAC occasionally for MUD playing--my only problem up until now was lack of Notepad++. Now it seems thats not a problem anymore. Thanks!
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.