Got a few roles open for family

Started by AmandaGreathouse, November 11, 2008, 08:50:47 AM

Depending on the family member, Luirs or Tuluk would be the ideal starting point. Need several cousins, an aunt, and possibly a brother. With the aunt and cousins, race can be human or half-elf, if the current prospect for brother doesn't pan out, brother must be human. For the aunt and cousins, the entire role is almost completely openended, the brother role, if opened later, will be already very defined. I am on often, though mostly off-peak hours. PM or IM me for more details.  ;D
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Um... So... I need someone. A lot. Preferably off-peak for a karma role. Will need at least 2 karma, because, well, I don't want to have to wait through the special app process again. It would be a 20 year old human male in Tuluk. Unlike the other roles posted for cousins, the back-ground here is very specific, very detailed, and very set already. It's a great role that comes with lots of perks, but you have to ask to find out what they are. Seriously, seriously, make your Tuluki today and come hang at the RPT tomorrow night with family!
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

I love playing with Amanda.

Great RP.
Great twisted plots.
And a lot of fun.

Also, knowing what she is up to this time, I can tell you that it is a role you should defiantly consider jumping into.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Min 2 karma+Tuluk? Auch :)
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

This is the kind of thing where, if I was playing a templar in Tuluk, I'd wish I hadn't read this thread. There's some things that are better just not said in a public announcement.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Meh, some people have no imagination.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

It's a family of halfgiants?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

We can play half-giants at 2 karma?  ::)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I'd love to talk to you about this role, but I'm unsure how much, if any, karma I might have.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

I usually demand that anyone that plays with me have at least 4 karma, because we all know that people with 4 karma are awesome roleplayers.

The rest of you can play amongst yourself, in the Byn, lolz!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on November 19, 2008, 11:05:46 PM
I usually demand that anyone that plays with me have at least 4 karma, because we all know that people with 4 karma are awesome roleplayers.

Hmm, how much karma you need to play an elementalist? Sorcerer? Templar?

I had a random magicker cast a random spell of kickyoass on a brand new character that really couldn't have interacted with them at all. They did this from an unseen location with no RP whatsoever. Again, this was on a brand new character. ::shrug:: Don't know how much I trust the karma system after that.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

November 20, 2008, 12:21:26 AM #12 Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 12:23:37 AM by Pale Horse
Quote from: Heade on November 19, 2008, 11:29:11 PM
Quote from: Malken on November 19, 2008, 11:05:46 PM

I had a random magicker cast a random spell of kickyoass on a brand new character that really couldn't have interacted with them at all. They did this from an unseen location with no RP whatsoever. Again, this was on a brand new character. ::shrug:: Don't know how much I trust the karma system after that.

http://www.armageddon.org/rp/karma.html

As sad as it is to say it..

1. There are times when even those with higher karma, act in ways that may seem or are twinkish.
2. Obligatory just-because-you-didn't-see-it-doesn't-mean-there-wasn't-RP-and-emotes-don't-equal-RP-statement
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on November 20, 2008, 12:21:26 AM
2. Obligatory just-because-you-didn't-see-it-doesn't-mean-there-wasn't-RP-and-emotes-don't-equal-RP-statement

Actually, in that particular case, an admin looked at the runlog and reversed the effects of said spell, so I'd assume there were no hidden emotes.

a) If you're not seeing him, you don't know if he's RPing or not. We do have a command: semote.
b) You don't know his side of the story. He may have a valid reason. I'm sure staff will have a look if you file a complaint.
c) ARM is not newbie-friendly that way. If you're new, you don't receive a newbie flag for others to see. Scrabs don't ignore you. Bahamets don't ignore you. PC are also aren't forced to ignore you. If you wander into 'rinth with your first character ever, he will possibly still be slain with his first mistake. So "I'm a newbie, he should have spared me." is a weak argument. Being a newbie myself, I should say the experienced players were always forgiving to me OOCly, but in character they always reacted how they should react.
d) Staff members are not awake 24/7. Nor they have enough eyes to peek at every and each player's RP. Sometimes they need to be made aware. I'm sure staff will have a look if you file a complaint.
e) Arguing events in the game in GDB is a no no, if I remember right. You should have filed a player complaint

Note: Ninjas everywhere! GDB warns me there are two more posts while I was typing, but I'll post neverthless. Sorry if I'm repeating some points.

Quote from: Heade on November 20, 2008, 12:25:03 AM
Quote from: Pale Horse on November 20, 2008, 12:21:26 AM

Actually, in that particular case, an admin looked at the runlog and reversed the effects of said spell, so I'd assume there were no hidden emotes.

That should go in the bragging thread. Dude behind the magicker must have really been turning the twink on.

Also, not all magickers necessarily have the karma to be magickers. It could have been a spec-app.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

QuoteActually, in that particular case, an admin looked at the runlog and reversed the effects of said spell, so I'd assume there were no hidden emotes.

So,

An admin looked into the event instantly. He reversed the effects, so possibly he smelled foul-play (There's always the possibility that he didn't see the need to keep you blinded/paralyzed/whatever the effect is and he reversed the effect just to be nice, if I were a staff member, I would be nice from time to time if it wouldn't change anything but take boredom from one player) This means 99% punishment awaited the offender. (1%, there was no foul-play. The staff member simply ceased the effect because he didn't see it affecting your character long-term except boring the player.)

I don't see what the problem is. Even a 99 karma player may act like a munchkin from time to time. He would lose 'staff trust', which's represented by Karma. You complained, stuff is resolved.

hey guys....
there are lots of magicker RP threads out there.

this thread =
Player Announcements:
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on November 20, 2008, 12:51:52 AM
hey guys....
there are lots of magicker RP threads out there.

this thread =
Player Announcements:

And they're still open, too.  ;D
Don't be mudsexxin' down south, give Tuluki style a try.  ;)

Quote from: Heade on November 19, 2008, 10:57:30 PM
I'd love to talk to you about this role, but I'm unsure how much, if any, karma I might have.

Usually staff tell you via email when they give you a karma point.

Sorcerer = 8 I believe. Templar = Not within the karma system, they're all special app'ed ... I believe, anyway.

No system is going to be perfect when it comes to judging people's personal character, but I'm happier with the karma system in place than I think I would be without it. Go read the post Mansa linked on the random armageddon thoughts board ... it gives a fairly frightening idea of what a no karma system looks like.

If someone did twink out on you, sorry to hear that ... sucks  :-\

Anywho ... yeah, sounds like you could get a whole extended family up and running in-game, that'd be fun :)

HEY AMANDA

How's that role going?
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

HEY TIS

I still need the brother role a lot, and the aunt and uncle and many cousin roles are still waiting to be filled.

Quote from: musashi on November 20, 2008, 06:51:35 AM
Usually staff tell you via email when they give you a karma point.

Usually.. I'm karma II and I was never informed about them. I die, see new options, smile, keep on. So he may have karma and be just uninformed.

Quote from: evil_erdlu on November 20, 2008, 04:44:49 PM
Usually.. I'm karma II and I was never informed about them. I die, see new options, smile, keep on. So he may have karma and be just uninformed.

Actually, this is very possible. I don't check my emails often, and don't even remember which email I used to sign up. I should go check that.

I don't think I've ever been notified of added karma.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

My account notes always reflect my karma changing, at least.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Hmm, I've always had staff shoot me an email stating that I'm having a point of karma awarded for X and X reason. But I tend to always email my clan/indie staff on at least a monthly basis provided my PC lives that long so ... eh maybe it's just me.

Anyway though yeah ... Amanda ... those roles ... sounds like fun!

hhahaha. You people keep saying that, then changing it to a discussion about karma.

Truthfully, I just didn't want to have to wait for a special app to go through for it. Crap.

*thinks hard* I may just kill the vnpc brother off and stick to cousins. But, you know, I'll announce on here if the role stops needing to be filled. I already got two pc cousins. They're bitchin'. You -want- to join me!

bump

The brother role is now closed.

Please, make your Zalanthan people my cousins!!!
;D ;) ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D

bump.

Still got roles open. All guilds/subguilds are cool. Looking for humans from Tuluk or Luirs, or breeds, from Luirs. Either one works. Extremely off-peak for the most part.

Bump.

Still have family roles open for cousins. Can be based anywhere except Allanak. Would prefer Luirs.

Guys, I am pretty sure I know the roles she has open, and I can pretty much guarantee epic roleplay, near-constant action/suspense/thrills, and emotion going into any and every session you play with Amanda.

And if not.... well, sorry for the raising of the bar. =)
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I no longer need family roles.

Well I am so sad now I lost all momentum on the character I pledged to never let die.
"Bring out the gorgensplat!"

Quote from: Derain on December 31, 2008, 07:29:12 AM
Well I am so sad now I lost all momentum on the character I pledged to never let die.
It happens to the best of us.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli