Favorite Rooms/Areas

Started by jcljules, July 09, 2008, 07:15:58 PM

What are some of your favorite rooms or areas in Arm? Ones that really immerse you within the game world, or have some element that make you like them. Nothing too IC, of course... you may like the beautiful ivory palace beneath the Silt Sea, but I'd rather find out IC  :P

1) Anakores Burrow in the Tribal Market
2) Tavern at Luirs
3) Red Desert
4) Allanaki Commoners Quarter
5) Nomad Encampments

Yours?
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

The arboretum
Red Storm, the whole damn place including that spot outside the gates I've died several times.
A certain west side bar.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

The most arrogant road in Allanak:

Salarri Way [NS]
   Every bit as wide and expensive as the Road of Commerce, the road
to the Salarri compound attempts to ascertain who is the largest merchant
house in Allanak.  Small statues of Salarr heads line the street, and
crews of slaves continually clean the road from messes left by beasts, and
by blowing sands.

I also love the descs and general setup of the Kuraci Outriders barracks.

Cenyr. All of it, but especially the layout and the fact that it actually feels like a small valley.

And I've found most of the game's canyons to be very well laid-out and "natural" feeling, as well.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

July 09, 2008, 07:55:29 PM #3 Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 08:14:36 PM by Vessol
The Gaj
The Byn Compound (the Southern Byn compound that is)
Red Storm

The first two because I have spent uncount hours at.
The later because I really like the layout and would love to play there if it was actually active.

Any mountainous region of the game.

It's infruiating trying to map them out since you have no idea how far "up" or "down" you just went if the ground slopes (ie moving north may actually take you north ... and down one ...)

But they're very well put together, and I love reading the descriptions about how your character can see the whole landscape for miles.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Labyrinth.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Labyrinth
The well in the labyrinth (Only because i've fell in it a few times and explored and died)
Southern groves of Tuluk (Love ittt so much to do)
Northern trees of Tuluk (Half-lings suck)
Cenyr
Gaj
Storms Tavern
Red storm...
Hmmm The barrel too when it was alive.
Thats it.
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

The Bard's Barrel  :'(
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

The 'rinth and the Xytrix-za Valley.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

The Gaj.
Southern Byn compound.
Tor Academy.
Mountainous regions that are far from civilization.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Cool thread.

1. A certain garden in Tuluk that some of us know about.
2. The Tembo's Tooth tavern with its strippers and spice den and make-out booths.
3.  The Crumbling Road.  Everything about it screams 'Zalanthas' to me.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

The inside of a certain creature as it digests you.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

- The span.  That, and above it.  Actually that whole area...
- I also love the crumbling road.  And -
- The elven outpost.
- Cenyr.
- The tribal camps.
- The Tuluki templar quarter.  I don't know why, it just seems so much more inviting and nice than the Nakki one.
- I love Allanak as a whole, however.
- The Arboretum...it just seems so snobby.
- The Barrel  :-[
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

1. Labyrinth (either west or east side, depending the race I'm playing)
2. Storm's End Tavern and associated spice den

The Vineyard's place where they make the wine.
A certain room in a wagon.
The Silverwood estate.
Labyrinth.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

The Xytrix-za Valley
Tor Academy
The Tablelands
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Cenyr.
The Tablelands.
The Gaj.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Gyspy lands are designed really well in my opinion, and wish there were more "public" areas like it. So much special coding, intricate, well-thought out design. If every area were built like it, the immersion rate would shoot through the roof.

I -was- a big fan of Red Storm East. It had the best small town, coastal feel that you'll ever get from a game with no ocean.

Also there is a certain maze-like canyon that just screams Sand-Raiders from Star Wars, but never enough people there to make it a viable concept.
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

Certain areas in the Salt Flats

The Northern edges of the Grey Forest

The ruins of Mal Krian

ALLANAK.

A section of a garden with a bridge.
A room in an apartment building with a faded mural on the ceiling.

And basically, any room I've seen so far, that has a normal main description, and you see in that description things about the room that might be interesting, and when you try to type "look interesting_thing" you actually get a new paragraph telling you what that interesting thing looks like. Call it Armageddon Easter Eggs - I love them!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

The Red Sun Commons... Find the one-legged whore and type 'talk whore topics'.. Warning: Don't drink any liquid and type 'talk whore topics'. If you did accidentally, at least do not proceed.

'Rinth - westside... Stand by the twitchy, slack-jawed man and listen to his blubber. Watch people beg. Grab that 'not-so-cheap' armor and wake up half-naked.. 'rinth is great!

Anywhere else? Give me time. I'm a newbie.
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

Does everybody just love 'Nak? Because I think everyone in this thread so far has mentioned 'Nak, and poor old Tuluk has less mentions that Redstorm probably!  :'(
A horde of Inix turn and stampede straight at you....KRATH!

I like the Tuluki tribal areas... but thats about it  ::)

I love the Allanaki commoners' quarter, but mostly because of all the poor, dirty NPCs.

I also like Mal Krian.  Had some good times there.

The Byn Latrines are great too.

The Temple of Ruk.  It's very Zen.

And several other rooms/places that are too IC to mention.

I actually do like the...residential area, or whatever it is...in Tuluk.  I wish 'nak had something like that.

(I also wish Tuluk's had more actual enterable dwellings instead of long rows of virtual ones. Picky, picky I am.)

Yeah--Allanak has plenty of dwellings you can enter--so why not Tuluk?

Tuluk has plenty too. Off the top of my head, I can think of five apartment buildings with actual rentable apartments in them, two single-standing dwelling-looking structures, two enterable virtual apartment buildings that don't have coded apartments but you -can- at least enter the building, a "private" rentable room in each of two bars, and semi-private booths in a third. All of these, you can either rent, break into, or at least enter the front hall.

Quote from: Inix77 on July 10, 2008, 10:07:22 AM
Does everybody just love 'Nak? Because I think everyone in this thread so far has mentioned 'Nak, and poor old Tuluk has less mentions that Redstorm probably!  :'(

Then Tuluk should have a map that's less of a pain in the ass to traverse.

Well, I wasn't going to bother to post, but...

Poets' Circle is probably my favorite area of the game. The teahouse and its roof is the bomb.

The Nobles' Quarter in Tuluk is way, way, way prettier and far more navigable than the comparable area of Allanak.

I love the Tembo's Tooth. It's probably my favorite current, active tavern for atmosphere and usability.

And I like the atmosphere of Under Tuluk better than the atmosphere of the Labyrinth. I also like that UT is so much less obvious.

Overall, I just like Tuluk's layout and descs much better than Allanak's.

Allanak has some areas that I enjoy, though. Room echoes / ambience are better-coded in Allanak...stuff like traffic on Caravan way, things that happen in the bazaar. That's cool stuff.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

They're mostly too IC to post.

But I really love a place when it has a special memory attached to it due to a scene I've had there.

I also love the Tablelands and the Red Desert in general.

Luir's Outpost.  Especially the catwalks.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Probably couldn't say. There are several.

Rooftops, abandoned buildings, dark alleys... city streets that aren't patrolled by 100 guards.

July 12, 2008, 12:04:29 AM #35 Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:35:02 AM by Mood

• I love the Elementalist's Quarter. The Elkran and Rukkian temples, in particular, are awesome.

• The Gaj. What's not to love?

• Red Storm, in small doses. It's too empty for me to stay in.

• The Warrens in Tuluk. One of the only areas of Tuluk that I enjoy, because it portrays the grit that I feel is sorely lacking there.

• The Allanaki rooftops. I wish there were more to explore. :(

• Meleth's Circle and its awesome echoes and flavor.

• The ever-arrogant Salarri Way.

• The even more arrogant southern Salarri mansion.

• CENYR. Cenyr is awesome.

• The Grasslands.

• The Salt Flats. I love the picture of endless, bleak stretches of nothing.

I'm going to stop here, before I list every area in the game.

Except, one more.

Probably MY FAVORITE PLACE IN THE GAME:

• A certain argosy owned by a certain merchant house. YAAAARRRRRR.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

1. Under-Tuluk.

2. 'Rinth

3. Tablelands. -So many cool rooms, and different areas to explore.

4. Blackwing Outpost -Just walking into this place makes me feel like I'm stepping into Zalanthas. The well written descriptions and all the VNPCS and NPCS.

5. Grey Forest

6. Zalanthas - I could sit here and list 100's and 100's of rooms and still not even scratch the surface. I think alot of times players take for granted how many man hours have gone into making this world such a beautiful piece of work. Hands down probably one of the best MUDs to have ever been created by a group of people.

Tablelands - They are so awesome, there's a lot to do there!

All the hidey-holes everywhere - Nothing screams Zalanthas like an appropriately-flavored lair.

Silt Sea & Red Storm - I think there's a lot of untouched possibilities there.

There is a lot more that I love but I mainly am completely in love with the environment. The world is so perfectly, beautifully crafted.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Freil's Rest before it was assimilated into 2.Tuluk.

... I have a flower fixation.

1.  The Merchant Square gardens
2.  The Borsail Estate gardens.  (R.I.P.)
3.  That room that belonged to that guy who let me stay there
4.  The back rooms of the Tooth
5.  Roof of the Ghatti
6.  Silverwood
7.  That place that's too IC, but really damn pretty
Quote from: saquartey
Rairen, what would we do without you?

The Silt Sea. Reading Vanth's blog-post wherein she says there are somewhere around 1700 rooms in the Sea makes me sad; I probably won't ever see anything but the shore, much less the majority of the rooms.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on July 12, 2008, 08:50:35 PM
The Silt Sea. Reading Vanth's blog-post wherein she says there are somewhere around 1700 rooms in the Sea makes me sad; I probably won't ever see anything but the shore, much less the majority of the rooms.

I have to sympathize... as a newbie, I've seen precious few of the rooms in game -period-. So it will be unfortunate when 2.Arm rolls around and its all gone... Maybe the staff can put the old game back up on special occasions, with the sole purpose of exploring? Like--not RP enforced or anything. You can just discover all of the secrets of the current game, see the things you never knew about.

Old Tuluk... before the destruction.  I still miss it... Flint's Tavern and the old Red Sun commons or whatever it was called with the dried up, cracked fountain that would occasionally get filled somehow and you were like "Sweet!  Free water!".  The old estates that were right there within a few steps of the commons and the tavern. The rest of Old Tuluk was awesome, too... maybe someone can help refresh my memory of the rest.

The small touches. (Like the faded colour of the sigils on the noble gate in Allanak - or that player driven wagons crashed over the shield wall don't really vanish at reset.. and other places)

I like that you can discover new things all the time. I've been in some rooms for months upon a time and then pause and read them again to find a hidden container or something, and you're like "sweet jesus, loot and secrecry!". That, my good friends is the awesomest of awesome.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on July 10, 2008, 10:21:05 AMThe Temple of Ruk.  It's very Zen.

Oh yes, for sure.

A certain Tarp on stonecarver's road...
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: LauraMars on July 13, 2008, 04:52:48 AM
A certain Tarp on stonecarver's road...

A certain wretched dwelling on Miner's Road...

I like this thread, because it gives pride to have areas you have worked on, or built completely, acknowledged as favorite areas by other players.
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

- The Tembo's Tooth: Very amazing echos - at least the last time I was there, don't know..haven't played in Tuluk for a very VERY long time.

- Borsail Estate: It was large and confusing yet very very grand. A perfect fit for the dominating House. :)

- Outside of Rennik Arboretum: I remember when I first started playing Arm which was quite a few years ago, there were no echos outside of the Arboretum. But now it's got these amazing echos which just adds to the gritty and brutal nature of the whole city.

- Trader's Inn: I may be the first one to mention this, but I find the stark contrast between the harsh surroundings outside of the tavern i.e dusty circle, dead bodies, beggars and the interior of the place i.e elegantly clad servants and quiet environment awfully amazing. I get this V.I.P feeling every time one of my PCs walk into the establishment.

- Mantis Valley: Once again, good echos.
Quote from: Majikal on August 20, 2009, 05:53:09 PM

Running after Carru, catching them, then eating them while they are still breathing is a Red Fang's version of 'fast food'.

Lots of good mentions...

I kind of miss the Crater.  I thought it was great for atmosphere in old Tuluk.
Tryin' to make friends but people are jerks,
So I'm gonna put some fleas on you.
And the fleas'll have the plague,
And they'll make you cough a lot,
Then you'll be too sick to hurt my feelings anymore.

Red Storm (spent too much time there!)
Cenyr
A certain special place under Allanak
That place with the deep deep hole and what lives in it.
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

The crumbling road.
The grove up north with the lovely bonfire pit.
The various tribal lands that I have had the pleasure of seeing (for myself or accidentally catching a glimpse of the room over my husbands shoulder as he plays)
The entrance of mantis valley (spooky/awesome)
The sun kings sanctuary, I love the small details of things you can look at there, like the window, and the bar, those little details really rock.
Everything about the bardic circle.
The interesting detail of the various wagons I've seen, inside and out.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on July 16, 2008, 11:06:58 AM

The various tribal lands that I have had the pleasure of seeing (for myself or accidentally catching a glimpse of the room over my husbands shoulder as he plays)

OH MY DROV THEY ARE SHARING IC INFO! GET 'EM!

I personally -love- the various wagons and argosies in the game. The paintings, rugs, -everything- is so well done.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

The Lower Red Desert.  There are so many nooks and crannies and so many little secrets to learn, it's a blast.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

wave dunes
dusty plains
silt sea
canyons west of allanak

The Canyons of Waste
southern Tablelands
All the Secret Places in the wild where a character can Live and never have to leave.
Caves... all of um.
The "road" from the actual road to Red Storm... 5 or 6 rooms that have claimed about half of my PC's
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Damned straight. I -hate- that little stretch between Storm and the road. There's almost always a tremendous sandstorm about, grr.

The reynolte estate -

-The borsail estate before it... yeah.

-Tor academy

-Some places way way east of the grasslands...

July 20, 2008, 10:43:30 AM #58 Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 10:45:15 AM by Furious George
Quote from: Sokotra on July 12, 2008, 09:23:44 PM
Old Tuluk... before the destruction.  I still miss it... Flint's Tavern and the old Red Sun commons or whatever it was called with the dried up, cracked fountain that would occasionally get filled somehow and you were like "Sweet!  Free water!".  The old estates that were right there within a few steps of the commons and the tavern. The rest of Old Tuluk was awesome, too... maybe someone can help refresh my memory of the rest.

Here's one:

The Desert Moon' Tavern
Obviously some kind of elvish establishment, this tavern is cluttered
with randomly-placed chairs designed for long-limbed patrons.  On the
faded baobab walls are depictions of customary elvish symbols such as
markings to tell weather patterns and histories of grasslands.  In the
air is the strong smell of soured ale and kumiss.
Some messages have been posted to a wall here.
Various tables for the patrons are scattered about the room.
A lean and dusty elvish barkeep walks around serving customers.

Quote from: Furious George on July 20, 2008, 10:43:30 AM
Quote from: Sokotra on July 12, 2008, 09:23:44 PM

Here's one:

The Desert Moon' Tavern
Obviously some kind of elvish establishment, this tavern is cluttered
with randomly-placed chairs designed for long-limbed patrons.  On the
faded baobab walls are depictions of customary elvish symbols such as
markings to tell weather patterns and histories of grasslands.  In the
air is the strong smell of soured ale and kumiss.
Some messages have been posted to a wall here.
Various tables for the patrons are scattered about the room.
A lean and dusty elvish barkeep walks around serving customers.

Lol, wow.. where'd you get that?  I didn't know what you were talking about at first, but now I do recall that elvish tavern in Old Tuluk.

I think All of Allanak is what really does it for me. Especially the rinth.

Quote from: Sokotra on July 21, 2008, 01:53:21 PM
Lol, wow.. where'd you get that?  I didn't know what you were talking about at first, but now I do recall that elvish tavern in Old Tuluk.

I wandered into Old Tuluk somehow about a year and a half ago due to some crazed timeslip of a code bug someplace in the Red Desert.  Eerie shit.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

The T'zai Byn Fort.

I love that place for some reason.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Under Tuluk is without a doubt my favourite. Just love the atmosphere and I rarely run across poorly-played characters.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Outside Merchant's Gate in Allanak.

Why? Because the line lengths are perfectly synched. It's beautiful.

Quote from: Grey Area on August 04, 2008, 09:59:28 PM

Someone else is anal!  I agree with you GA.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Cenyr.
Cai Shyzn.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Xytrix-za is by far my favorite feeling location. Nothing is funner than long, lonely expeditions out there with a few good hunters.

Any barren canyon in the middle of the desert.

Undertuluk

Mels circle in 'Nak.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Trader's Inn has got the be the best place of all time.

After that, the east and westside rinthi bars.

A couple of spots in the grasslands.

A well-known spot in the Abi'li Pah.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

That place under that place where those people hang out.

Quote from: manonfire on August 17, 2008, 04:23:26 PM

Hey, I know that place. I did some stuff there, once.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on August 17, 2008, 04:43:41 PM

I did too! When I got to that place after falling down from that other place, I ran over to that place and starting looking for things. I brought some things out of that place, and gave it to some people and they made a thing for me.

Quote from: manonfire on August 17, 2008, 04:59:42 PM

I did too! When I got to that place after falling down from that other place, I ran over to that place and starting looking for things. I brought some things out of that place, and gave it to some people and they made a thing for me.

Which thing? The thing that's maybe still around? That was one awesome thing.
Still, even if 'twasn't that thing, I like that place, and yeah, people make things there every once in a while. Usually suits the place, what with the doing stuff.

Quote from: Tisiphone on August 17, 2008, 06:11:48 PM
Quote from: manonfire on August 17, 2008, 04:59:42 PM

Which thing? The thing that's maybe still around? That was one awesome thing.
Still, even if 'twasn't that thing, I like that place, and yeah, people make things there every once in a while. Usually suits the place, what with the doing stuff.

Too much IC info.

The Allanaki Jails.

All you can see is darkness.

Then munch on dead cockroaches.

The echoes rocks too.

Quote from: Vessol on August 17, 2008, 10:34:08 PM
The Allanaki Jails.

All you can see is darkness.

Then munch on dead cockroaches.

The echoes rocks too.

Amen.
Grebber - One who grebs.

August 18, 2008, 10:27:28 AM #77 Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 12:47:18 PM by Tzurahro
A place in tablelands.

There were [cool stuffs there] I brought all good Byners to there(by mistake) and we all died. :D It was scary a few hours.. [something cool] kept [doing cool stuff to] one from us as we try to go out.

Note: Enough time passed. Maybe those players can remember that old days :) My char was uber strong both skill and stat wise. poor guy.

(fixed by Tzurahro)
Quote from: Sir DiealotHow 'bout, instead of stopping app special apps, because some people are morons, you just stop those accounts from Special Apping? It would stop the mongoloids from constantly bugging you...

The Sewers
A few certain 'rinth spots
Baobab groves
The Tuluki markets
Certain caves
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

the Borsail estate before stuff happened
the mantis valley
the grasslands
Poet's Circle
the Fale estate
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Certain staff member areas, they usally have nice details.
Backstab is actually the only dialog option an assassin has.

The tops of tall mountains
The far side of tall mountains
The especially windy part of the silt sea
Everything in the halfling villages
The Labyrinth
Below the Labyrinth
Above the Labyrinth
Freil's Rest
Inside any tent you can pitch yourself

Quote from: FuSoYa on August 04, 2008, 11:37:02 PM

Brandon

You know, outside Allanak's OTHER gate is the same way.

Quote from: Fathi on August 20, 2008, 11:05:27 AM

Brandon

Which one?

Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 20, 2008, 11:10:50 AM
Quote from: Fathi on August 20, 2008, 11:05:27 AM

Brandon

Which one?

The one where all the lines are synced up, of course!

The painted heads in the Bard's Barrel--the Bard's Barrel.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Anywhere with a broken wagon.
Free your hate.

Elven Bar in the Labyrinth.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

The old man and old elf in the tent in Red Storm that buy junk.
Their scripts between each other are priceless.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on September 11, 2008, 08:11:32 AM
The old man and old elf in the tent in Red Storm that buy junk.
Their scripts between each other are priceless.
Seconded.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Big towers. Deep stinky caves. Secret cult or long dead cult-related areas.

The very, very few unexplored places that are left for me.

One in particular though: Where we built a corral, killed the violent vines, cleaned the fountain out, and repaired some stuff. Sekret Lairz r kool.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Salarri (now Byn) Fort.

A certain room with a certain statue in the garden of a certain sorcerer king.

A garden surrounded by bats.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

A non-secret, but highly underused part of the Known World. Actually a couple of them. Very well written, relatively quiet, safe only after you've learned the area, and even then isn't guaranteed safe. Really any place that's a "ranger's heaven" is great for me. I just love rangerly-type areas.

Quote from: Clearsighted on September 02, 2008, 01:53:49 AM
Quote from: Desertman on August 04, 2008, 04:55:15 PM
The T'zai Byn Fort.

Seconded.

Thirded

The first thought that went through my head when I heard of 'the end of the world' is making a Bynner and then having all the Bynners gather up in that fort, fighting off wave after wave of enemies and rationing supplies.

I'd have to say the Tuluki Noble's Quarters. The Estates especially.

Quote from: Vessol on October 04, 2008, 12:20:53 AM
Quote from: Clearsighted on September 02, 2008, 01:53:49 AM
Quote from: Desertman on August 04, 2008, 04:55:15 PM
The T'zai Byn Fort.

Seconded.

Thirded

The first thought that went through my head when I heard of 'the end of the world' is making a Bynner and then having all the Bynners gather up in that fort, fighting off wave after wave of enemies and rationing supplies.

I thought the exact same thing.  :o
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

The bottom of the Silt Sea, because I have died there too many times :(
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Dan on September 26, 2008, 11:49:36 AM
Big towers. Deep stinky caves. Secret cult or long dead cult-related areas.

The very, very few unexplored places that are left for me.

One in particular though: Where we built a corral, killed the violent vines, cleaned the fountain out, and repaired some stuff. Sekret Lairz r kool.

God damn I miss that place.  It's good to be the gardener.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.