Anyone else think this is a little weird ...

Started by musashi, June 09, 2008, 03:12:32 PM

I took my character's clothes to the cleaners and ... they can clean burns in your clothing ... by washing them ...  :-\
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Tide ain't got nothin' on Mek piss for cleaning stuff.

Regenerative properties yo.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

If you didn't think it would be realistic that burns could be cleaned off of clothing, why did you take them to the cleaners?   :P

Quote from: Marauder Moe on June 09, 2008, 03:22:07 PM
If you didn't think it would be realistic that burns could be cleaned off of clothing, why did you take them to the cleaners?   :P

They were bloodied too  :D I'm filthy!

<about body> a burned tattered bloodied smelly new brown military aba

To the north, a male voice shouts, in sirihish,
  "Is rogue gickers startin' to smell you a-comin'? Sand tonic'll right yer stench!"
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

:D

I laughed when I took my stuff in to get cleaned, apparently it was so nasty the NPC was pre-scripted to yell at me about it.

But anyway, yeah, I just thought it was a little odd that they could clean burns, and wondered if that was a code oversight.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on June 09, 2008, 03:41:06 PM

"Is rogue gickers startin' to smell you a-comin'? Sand tonic'll right yer stench!"

Sand tonic cures everything.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PMbrandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Quote from: FuSoYa on June 09, 2008, 04:17:54 PM
Quote from: brytta.leofa on June 09, 2008, 03:41:06 PM

Sand tonic cures everything.

Brandon

Too bad Gith-the-fuck-out never took off...

On topic, it is strange that the burn flag was taken off along with everything else. I'd assume that's a bug or whatever and inform the staff.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

I've cleaned burns off my clothes before.

With scissors.

I've also made burns appear less dark, by washing them and scrubbing (its about removing the particles that are burnt, which sometimes just thins the fabric).

Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

Quote from: musashi on June 09, 2008, 03:12:32 PM
I took my character's clothes to the cleaners and ... they can clean burns in your clothing ... by washing them ...  :-\
If you have a problem with this, bring it to the tailor too.  They'll charge you some coins if you tailor it.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

i tried to get burns off some clothes ICly and neither the cleaners nor the armor repair guy could fix it. wtf.

I think this was fixed after I posted.

You do realize that there is soap on Zalanthas, right?

Uh...

Does soap somehow repair burns?  Most burns shouldn't be able to be cleaned.

It seems to me that you should be able to have a "burn" flagged item tailored, and depending on the skill of the tailor it would either revert to normal, become "patched" or "poorly patched".. But that's probably more for 2.Arm.
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!

My response wasn't intended to be "use soap to get rid of burns!"  My response was intended to make sure that people who might have been unaware of the fact that there is soap in the game know that there is soap available, and PCs  can use this to clean blood off of their clothes without having to take them to the cleaners everytime to get the stains out.