>inventory
You are carrying a dog skull.

> syntax tell
Syntax: tell <target> <message>

> tell skull hi
You say to your dog skull:
     "hi"

Already ahead of you on this one.

Remember Pet peeves. Capitalisation and punctuation please.

Is there something I'm missing?  I don't see any issues with the cut-n-paste I provided.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Heh. Your 'hi' wasnt capitalized. It's supposed to be 'Hi' :P

Quote from: Folker on January 27, 2008, 10:43:33 PM

Oh...My...God...How can I live with myself.  I must comit sepaku for such an offense.  Arm 2 will just have to code itself without me.

</sarcasm>
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on January 27, 2008, 11:15:06 PM
Quote from: Folker on January 27, 2008, 10:43:33 PM

Oh...My...God...How can I live with myself.  I must comit sepaku for such an offense.  Arm 2 will just have to code itself without me.

</sarcasm>

Seppuku.

Sorry, I had to.

This is an automated response from Morgenes' answering service.  Morgenes is dead, having comit suicide, please call back in his next lifetime.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

And, uh ... you didn't put a period on the end ... but what can you do about it now?

You're dead.

Nice work on the ride code, Ghost.

Wait a minute ...
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Morgenes, you should create a code that changes capitals into lower cases and periods into commas for the first day of Armageddon 2 just to get some revenge.

Oh man. Morgenes, while you're at it, can you set communication commands to automatically append a period to the end of any string that didn't end with a punctuation mark?

I always feel so embarassed when my PC says something like "Okay. Sure. Yeah, let's go get lunch"

Quote from: jstorrie on January 28, 2008, 05:20:50 PM
Oh man. Morgenes, while you're at it, can you set communication commands to automatically append a period to the end of any string that didn't end with a punctuation mark?

I always feel so embarassed when my PC says something like "Okay. Sure. Yeah, let's go get lunch"

So you guys really obsess over this?  What if you aren't talking in complete sentences?  What if you want to leave something trailing off?  It's certainly possible, but I guess I figure the quote (") is just as good of a sentence ender personally.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on January 28, 2008, 05:25:05 PM

So you guys really obsess over this?  What if you aren't talking in complete sentences?  What if you want to leave something trailing off?  It's certainly possible, but I guess I figure the quote (") is just as good of a sentence ender personally"

Fixed.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

What if you aren't talking in complete sentences?  What if you want to leave something trailing off?  It's certainly possible, but I guess I figure the quote (") is just as good of a sentence ender personally.
Nope. To trail a sentence, in a literary fashion, periods are used in sequence, like this ...
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Yeah, if my PC is interrupted I end the sentence with a dash, like so -

Or an ellipsis with interrobang...?!

Or some sort of similar indicator of a serious break in conversational rhythm OH SHI–

So you guys really obsess over this?  What if you aren't talking in complete sentences?  What if you want to leave something trailing off?  It's certainly possible, but I guess I figure the quote (") is just as good of a sentence ender personally.

The problem is that most people who do this are probably just lazy and aren't bothering to punctuate the end of their sentences at all, whether it's supposed to be a complete sentence, question, trailing sentence, incoherent gibberish or not.  So you just don't know.  It drives me just as nuts as the people who don't capitalize.  Unfortunately the two usually come together in a heinous package of nutsdrivery.
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

I disagree. I have maybe seen one player who didn't use periods at the end of their sentences due to laziness. And they were an extreme newbie. I have seen a few do it by mistake. And I honestly never skip a beat in reading sentences without a period at the end

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 29, 2008, 01:03:10 AM
I disagree. I have maybe seen one player who didn't use periods at the end of their sentences due to laziness. And they were an extreme newbie. I have seen a few do it by mistake. And I honestly never skip a beat in reading sentences without a period at the end

I see what you did there.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot