I feel old.

Started by EvilRoeSlade, November 29, 2007, 02:53:16 PM

Quote from: My 2 sids on December 20, 2007, 01:34:43 PM
Anyone else remember the kind-of-sort-of-almost death of Pearl?

There were maybe twenty or so PCs in the Barrel then suddenly some twink pops in, back-stabs, hides, backstabs again, hides, backstabs, etc.

Suddenly, PCs were openly crying and cursing and writting the the rumor bord and everything.   I seem to recall there was even a formal train of PCs who carried the body clear to the Borsal doors (crying and carrying on all the way).

An IMM stopped us all at the doors and was like "um... we've decided to resurect her, so none of this happened"   :D

Of corse it was the right thing to do, sometimes going against 'rules' of perma-death IS the fairest choice, but woo did it spon massive talk on the GDB and IRC.

I heard that story firsthand from the player that killed Pearl. From the way he told the story, he used the now defunct subdue/draw bug, that was instantly fixed after he used it on Pearl, when tons of PCs had died to it previously.

You may be right, as I recalled there was a lot of discussion on the GDB about favoritism and raising PCs after so much IC stuff had gone on in reaction to her death.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

One of my characters dumped Pearl when she was an aide.

Oh... did she make him pay.

Oh man, I used to pwn n00bz with subdue/backstab.

Dwarf or mul assassin/guard 'rinthers FTW, lol.

Gibs!
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Tlaloc was running Byn..
-Gaare

Quote from: Dusky on December 20, 2007, 01:27:37 PM
Besides all the shit that I remember (we've all written these posts before) - anyone remember the shady tavern outside of the 'rinth?  It was about the same time Flint's was open up North.  The <something> dagger.  That was a cool joint.  I miss it.  It was like the Gaj but a lot more subtle.  It felt more dangerous being out of the way.

That would be The Rogue's Dirk. And I think more Pkills probably happened in its back room over the years than almost any other single room in the game.
Don't forgive and never forget; Do unto others before they do unto you; and third and most importantly, keep your eye on your friends, because your enemies will take care of themselves.   -J.R. Ewing

Clengane, you rock! The Rogue's Dirk.  Ah, that brings back memories!
I was with Kul on that trip.

I want to know why that Bar got 'removed' from the game.

Besides the fact that it was 'blown up'.

Because I used to hang out in the ruins with a buddy - and spar and practice and powergame there.  And then the next week it was gone.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I'm old.

Reckoning back to the best time, I'd have to say it was when Allanak ruled the world and Tuluk was rubble and Friel's Rest.

Life in Zalanthas was harsher then. Grittier. There were some truly amazing characters that would blow your mind and eat your children.

Of course, maybe it's like that again. I don't play enough anymore to know. *sigh*

I think I might've been that Borsail that snorted a brick of spice.

So when you snort a brick, do you actually snort it all at once?  Or do you get like a knot stuck in your nose and the rest is still safe?

You see, I would gladly sacrifice a character to run this experiment.  But if your character is someone who can get his hands on a brick, you don't want to sacrifice -that- character anymore.
some of my posts are serious stuff

I believe you have to shave it up into pinches.
Telling the Truth Where Others Hush.

You can snort a brick if it's equivalent to the size of a pinch.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Yeah, once you've shaved it so far that you can shave it no longer, it's snortable. Not sure about other times, though.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.