First Cool Experience In Arm

Started by Is Friday, October 01, 2007, 02:43:21 AM

The well has claimed many of my characters, and offered hours of fun for my own.

I'd like to see the immortals clog it full of dead bodies. xD

>l down
>"You can only peer through the darkness slightly before you realize that stacks upon stacks of desiccating corpses are lying only a few cords below your nose. You hear a faint moan from below the corpses."
>think wtf?
Dynnage
Shh! The cow is sleeping!

I went down the well, with enough food and water to last me 4 ic days and only enough light for 2 ic hours. Towards the end, I was depserate, my character prayed to the gods. My prayers were answered and a gust of wind blew in from a direction. I followed that wind, in the darkness, so I don't know actually where I was, I fell down 3 or 4 more times "Following" the gust of wind. I found a lit area and an actual torch. I picked the torch up happily, and eager to escape, as I've been in there 4 IC days and I was running out of food and water. I picked up the torch, lit it, walked into the next room and I got hit for 89 hp. My hp at the time was 87. I died shortly after.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

My first PC also learned the pleasures of the well up in tuluk..Waking up to find myself fleeing with fear becuse a cylops was stalking me 0 stam. left and dead...Ah  good times.

A LONG LONG time ago, I had a certain Tor dwarf LT...who was with a certain now famous templar and a LOT of other PC's and npcs...for some reason, we went to the well...climbed in...EVERYBODY fails climb check

AAAAHHHHHHHH!

Thud.

Was much fun RP after that as my Dwarf was the ONLY PC not KO'd...one HG npc was not KO'd and there was a couple deaths...good times.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

My Bynner took a shot to the head during a sparring match and died instantly.

Thanks Henna, wherever you are.

Witnessing a newly recruited cadet for Salarr transform into a tembo, which then proceeded to rape everything in its path.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Fell down the well.
Goryteller

Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

My first character was absolutely blue-eyed. I did not know a thing about the game despite reading the helpfile back to back once. (information overload) She got picked up by Borsail, who sponsored her into the Atrium.

We did have a lot of visitors, and because the clan leaders are not very active, we keep running out of wine. So one of the leaders stashed 5k on my char and told her to keep the wine fully stocked. I sat there for an hour listing all the 'cool silks I want'.

Not a single sid went to wine buying. She graduated and the school closed soon after. Never caught.

Oh, she did feel guilty afterward, and smuggled some wine from Borsail to Atrium to 'make up'.
Don't piss me off. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

My very first PC ever was standing alone in the Gaj looking generally hopeless when some staff member animated the bartender there, played out a little scene with me, and gave me a few tips on how to get along in the world.

If it hadn't been for that little nudge in the right direction I'm not sure I ever would have stuck around Arm.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

This link specifically is a bit of the story of my first character:

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=296428#296428

I had an immortal jump into one of the NPCs in the Bazaar that randomly shouts out things, and was telling me that I should get a job doing what he does.

So I was shouting out things in the Bazaar for a while, and I kept going back to the NPC dude and asking him questions, but he never responded...
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "Dynnage"The well has claimed many of my characters, and offered hours of fun for my own.

I'd like to see the immortals clog it full of dead bodies. xD

>l down
>"You can only peer through the darkness slightly before you realize that stacks upon stacks of desiccating corpses are lying only a few cords below your nose. You hear a faint moan from below the corpses."
>think wtf?

So true. I lost one trying to check it out. I lost another that was trying to hide out from a bloodthirsty lunatic that was trying to kill him. Damned well.
I think they should slip it into Arm 2.0 with rotting remains and skeletons piled up at the bottom as well.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

This seems applicable for some reason:

Quote from: "Angela Christine"

Madness!  If they didn't want you to jump in the holes, they wouldn't have coded in holes in the first place.   :wink:
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

The well is the single-best part of Allanak.
Dynnage
Shh! The cow is sleeping!