Our prayers have been heard!

Started by Coat of Arms, September 27, 2007, 11:48:27 PM

No, I didn't really need to start a new thread.

Yeah, I did so anyway. Sue me.

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28022

Hallelujah!

This has been in the works for some time.

You can see the result in that we've streamlined the process and added it to the request tool scenario.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Question for the imms - will the request tool be used for advertised roles, too? Templars, nobles, ect?
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Not at this point in time, no.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Will the request tool be the -only- means available/allowed for submitting special apps? Not that I'd ever app for something I don't have karma for, but if I wanted to..
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: "Lizzie"Will the request tool be the -only- means available/allowed for submitting special apps? Not that I'd ever app for something I don't have karma for, but if I wanted to..

Yes

Oh well, I won't be special apping then, ever. Thanks for answering so quickly though.

Quote from: "Lizzie"Oh well, I won't be special apping then, ever. Thanks for answering so quickly though.

Is there some sort of issue with the request tool that makes it unusable that we're unaware of?

Quote from: "Dakurus"
Quote from: "Lizzie"Oh well, I won't be special apping then, ever. Thanks for answering so quickly though.

Is there some sort of issue with the request tool that makes it unusable that we're unaware of?

Yeah whats up Lizzie! Talk to us!
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: "Krath"
Quote from: "Dakurus"

Yeah whats up Lizzie! Talk to us!

Lizzie has been unable to sign into the request tool and has made various posts about their problem in the past.

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=290117#290117

This one has a more humours response:

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=243012#243012
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "Lizzie"Due to personal security issues I am unable to "direct connect" to the web. My proxies won't let me get through the request tool. I can get to the login page, enter my SN and PW and it doesn't go any further than that.

That is unfortunate.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I'm sure if she wanted to she could send one via e-mail and they'd make an exception.

It's not a big deal, I was just doing a "what if" thing to myself. I honestly have no plans to apply for anything I haven't already earned karma for. Well that, and no one wants to kill my current PC, who with my luck will probably live til the last day of the game. I guess that's what happens when you play a sweet, innocent, darling, adorable, fun, responsible, incorruptable, loyal, devoted, and tremendously marvelous character. Everyone just loves her. It's sickening <sniff>

Quote from: "Lizzie"It's not a big deal, I was just doing a "what if" thing to myself. I honestly have no plans to apply for anything I haven't already earned karma for. Well that, and no one wants to kill my current PC, who with my luck will probably live til the last day of the game. I guess that's what happens when you play a sweet, innocent, darling, adorable, fun, responsible, incorruptable, loyal, devoted, and tremendously marvelous character. Everyone just loves her. It's sickening <sniff>

That is unfortunate. Just let me know who it is, wait, I already know who it is. I will help you to get rid of her and kill her. ~sweet smile~ I am so helpful and good.
Don't piss me off. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

Quote from: "Lizzie"It's not a big deal, I was just doing a "what if" thing to myself. I honestly have no plans to apply for anything I haven't already earned karma for. Well that, and no one wants to kill my current PC, who with my luck will probably live til the last day of the game. I guess that's what happens when you play a sweet, innocent, darling, adorable, fun, responsible, incorruptable, loyal, devoted, and tremendously marvelous character. Everyone just loves her. It's sickening <sniff>

I could definitely help you out, if you want. :twisted:
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Aww you guiz r SO gud 2 me!!!111

<3

We'll be happy to make provisions for people who cannot access the tools they need.  We aren't mean like that.

I'm going to kill your PC. Strangle it to death. In a thicket. And no one will hea....

Oh didn't see you there.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Oh I guess I forgot to mention my character's pets. Woops, sorry Reiloth. They're -so- overprotective of me, you know how that is. I'll try to keep them home next time I go to visit  the thicket, but the darned things keep smashing the bone gates open on us.

Pets? More like -pests-.

Anyways, I think limiting Special Apps is the best thing that has happened to the MUD in a long while. I don't think we will see the benefits for a long time comin', and maybe not at all, but like Forest Junkie said, I've already witnessed a shift.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: "Raesanos"We'll be happy to make provisions for people who cannot access the tools they need.  We aren't mean like that.

I was thinking perhaps the simplest workaround for folks in Lizzie's situation would be for them to include their username and password in the special app email to the mud.  Next, a staff member would sign in through that username and paste the special app text from the email into the request tool.  Finally, the special app reviewer could still use the new tool at their convenience to prioritize approvals and track the number of times people have applied.

Quote from: "Zalanthan"I was thinking perhaps the simplest workaround for folks in Lizzie's situation would be for them to include their username and password in the special app email to the mud.  Next, a staff member would sign in through that username and paste the special app text from the email into the request tool.  Finally, the special app reviewer could still use the new tool at their convenience to prioritize approvals and track the number of times people have applied.

Would be much easier to email the special apps reviewer directly.