What are you gonna do now that Armageddon is down?!

Started by Catatonic77, July 05, 2007, 09:12:43 PM

What are you gonna do now that Armageddon is down?!

Troll the boards, looking for carelessly unattended IC information... duh.
3 (6.4%)
Freak out and click connect button on my mud client every 30 seconds.
7 (14.9%)
Exercise for once.
3 (6.4%)
Write my weekly (or daily) angry e-mail to the staff, trying to see the genius in my spec. app. character
1 (2.1%)
Watch stupid Youtube videos.
3 (6.4%)
Stream of consciousness wikipedia browsing.
3 (6.4%)
Go spend some quality time with my... oh shit... all my friends exist solely in Arm, don't they?
3 (6.4%)
Read a book (which I will put down every 5 minutes to try clicking the connect button on my MUD client)
9 (19.1%)
Its a secret.
15 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: July 07, 2007, 09:12:43 PM

"But either know how to obtain others' love or their hatred.  For that is wisdom."

Gotta give this wayward fool respect in the sense that he seems to have alot of people talking about him from time to time.

I'm with the ancient Egyptians in the sense that I like to bury my enemies in silence.  Either that of the tomb or the closed mouth.
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

QuoteGotta give this wayward fool respect in the sense that he seems to have alot of people talking about him from time to time.

I don't know that being talked about or remembered as a douche rocket is worthy of respect.  :roll:
Amor Fati

Quote from: "Fnord"
QuoteGotta give this wayward fool respect in the sense that he seems to have alot of people talking about him from time to time.

I don't know that being talked about or remembered as a douche rocket is worthy of respect.  :roll:

In the immortal words of Captain Jack Sparrow when replying to the Commodore's "You are, without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

:P

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

Anyone care to find a temporary Mud haven until the game comes back up? Level up together on a HnS and smash ass as nubz? Hit me on AIM if you want. We'll find somewhere nice.

Just Cause on my Xbox kept me good and occupied, but I'm burning out...

-WP is going to dig out his crusty old PS1 and  play FFTactics, if no one is down.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

A bunch of people from IRC have been trying out different muds.

The most recent one (and my favorite) is Legacy of the Sith, which is here:

lots.wolfpaw.net : 3000

You can be a spaceship pilot and a "slicer" (hacker) and there's a ton of cool races to choose from.  The code is really fun to play with too.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I've been playing a little SoI, but it feels kind of lame to get a character going that I know I'm going to drop as soon as Arm comes back.  I'm not big on throwaway characters normally, but a good scene is a good scene, I guess.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

SoI fails at being fun for me.

I'll try out Legacy of the Sith.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I'm currently playing this:

http://9dragons.acclaim.com/

Its a free martial arts MMORPG based on historical clans like the Shaolin, the Wu Tang and the League of Beggars, the Brotherhood of Thieves, etc..

If you like the Koei series, like RoTK or Dynasty Warriors, I think you'll like that MMORPG.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

While wandering through the GDB I found this thread and thought I'd stop by to say hello again. A game for short-term, or just for a half hour a day if you end up liking it and want to play even once ginka comes back up...

www.kingdomofloathing.com

Stick figure browser-based game, intentionally silly, perfectly pointless, with lots of quests. No roleplay, extremely limited PvP, only vaguely interactive with other players via their chat channels, and a very fun way to waste a little time every day. You only get 40 "adventures" (turns) per day without eating or drinking. Food and booze boosts your adventures. The game resets every day, and you can't start the reset with more than 200 adventures (so you can have 200 at game reset, and eat and drink to have 300 or more, but if you don't use them up you only get to keep 200 the next day).

Adventuring is fast-paced, takes sometimes less than a second to use up one turn. So it's a fun and addictive way to breeze by for a little while.

I was playing a mud the other night and saw a few familiar names.  I now know what the Sun King does in his spare time.

Get chased across the galaxy by an angry federation?

Proselytize on public comm frequencies?

Sounds about right.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Get kidnapped by the angry Jedi thug squad.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

missing planet yavin and DRIVEN STRAIGHT INTO THE FREAKING SUN!

but more importantly:

Quote from: "LM"Get chased across the galaxy by an angry federation?

Proselytize on public comm frequencies?

Sounds about right.

Exactly.
some of my posts are serious stuff

I didn't vote that I was going to watch stupid Youtube videos, but for some reason I've been watching White and Nerdy over and over again.  I know you've all seen it before, but go watch it again.  When I get tired of that, I watch this.  OK, that is just White and Nerdy again, but it is the version in with Donny Osmond and Weird Al dancing in front of a green screen for the whole song.  Dance Donny, Dance!

At the next APM you guys should totally do a lip sync video of this song.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Any idea when the games coming up? I've had a bit of a break but I'm ready to come back.
Free your hate.

Quote from: "Agent_137"saturday night is the estimated time.

edit:
gonna be monday now, just watch this thread:
http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27196

Only Monday? Damn, I've been enjoying the break.
Amor Fati

Enjoying the break?

When you're posting here, I find that hard to believe.

Myself, I've been going insane watching Blue's Clues and various kiddie shows, drilling holes in my own skull, etc.

I'm annoyed.

I tried to send emails to the staff and got them all bounced back.

:cry:

Well, in a few more days I'll be over the 'hump', maybe I can kick the habit.
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!

I was gonna come back to arm.

But the game should be coming up just as school starts again, so now I guess I'm not :(
Free your hate.

It's kind of sad that people are saying that they are 'enjoying the break' and that 'life without Armageddon isn't as terrible as I thought it'd be..'

C'mon people, Armageddon isn't your life nor is it your job.. It's pretty bad if you decide to play Armageddon instead of doing the things you really 'enjoy' doing when the game is down..

Let's have a test, if you can't stay away from Armageddon for an extra week after it comes back up then I'd say that's pretty scary :)

Raise your hand if you feel like you must log in instead of wanting to log in, because you think that people depends on you or that your role requires (aka forces) you to log in.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I play Armageddon because I thoroughly enjoy it. However, things can start happening at a very rapid pace, plot-wise, and if you decide not to log in at your usual time, you could very well miss something that would have been important for your character. It's one of the downsides to Armageddon's in-depth plots; they're very time-consuming.

I am happy to say that I hold down a job, shower twice a day, enjoy a social outing now and then, spend time with my friends, keep up with all of my housework, eat well, and weigh a trim 128 lbs. My life doesn't suffer because I play Armageddon, only my other recreational activities do. I don't watch TV, and ever since I had to part with my playstation, I haven't bothered to replace it. Many people will spend hours upon hours watching TV or playing games. My choice is to spend those hours playing Armageddon.

That returns me to my original point; sometimes the plots advance with break-neck speed, and it's nice to not have to worry about that for a couple days. If I didn't want to log in, I wouldn't log in, plain and simple. At least now, I know that everyone else isn't logging in without me and having themselves a ball while I (insert real-life activity here).

Quote from: "Delirium"I don't watch TV, and ever since I had to part with my playstation, I haven't bothered to replace it. Many people will spend hours upon hours watching TV or playing games. My choice is to spend those hours playing Armageddon.

My friends/family don't understand how much time I spend on the computer, but then I point out how much time they spend hanging out in front of the TV in the evenings, and we've achieved a state of grudging respect.

There are only so many times you can clean a one bedroom apartment, though, and only so long in the day I can go jogging before I want to kill myself.  And having just lost most of my short stories because my hard drive died and I hadn't had the forethought to back them up on something, my normal hobby (writing) just makes me feel depressed.

And, having no need for television.. I don't even own one.  So instead I've been reading.  About two novels a day.  It's been alright, but I still want Arm back.  My character is very fun and exciting, but also kind of hard for me to get into if I'm not doing it on a regular basis just because his personality is radically different from mine, so.. yeah.  I hope he's not going to be weird the first couple days I finally get to log in again.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

Quote from: "Malken"C'mon people, Armageddon isn't your life nor is it your job..

Wait, do you mean I'm not my fuckin khakis?!  :shock:
Amor Fati

I've been doing Shadowbane MMO.
It's free, no roleplay, full PvP P-looting.

I hate to say it...but it is pretty fun.  It grows on you....like a fungus that gives off a sickly sweet smell.  *cackle*
:twisted:

If you get too bored you could try some Unwise Microwave Oven Experiments.  Pretend to be an Elkrosian in your own home!
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins